Photography hiking bag? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > Photography hiking bag?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-13-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Photography hiking bag?

Does a product that combines a multi day hiking bag and a everyday camera bag exist?

When I go on hikes I like to take my camera but I'm forced to either carry my body w/ lens and stash my other lens in my camel bak or just deal without water and snacks and carry by camera bag. If any of you have seen a multi functional bag that'll carry my water bladder, snacks and other misc equipment with a camera and keep it all safe I'd appreciate the info.

I've seen inserts which may work decently well but I think a full bag would work better.

Unread 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM   #2
RichieT
2014 WK 

Best bet is to go to B&H's website and check out the hundreds of bags they carry. I use a Lowepro fastpack that has a separate lower section good for a camera and a couple of extra lenses and a upper compartment for snacks, jacket, and whatnot. No hydration pocket, but I'm worried about a bladder that close to my cameras. I prefer a nalgene bottle in an outside pocket or clipped to the waiststrap. I have a lowepro trekker about the same size that carries more camera gear but less room for other stuff. I also have a calumet pack that is about the size of a weekend pack, and used that for overnighters though it really isn't designed for that. Tamrac makes some with hydration pockets and room for non camera gear but they tend to be pricy. Like I said, B&H should give you a good idea of what's out there and prices.
RichieT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2014, 02:41 AM   #3
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I forgot about b & h mostly because IIRC they were more expensive than other places.

A good bag designed to carry both a bladder and electrical equipment would have a solid water proofing system. Of course it'd cost a lot but it could be worth it. I see a potential need for it.

I not only carry my stuff, but sometimes my girlfriends and always my dogs extra stuff as well(I always carry a spare leash, water bottle and bowl for them and I've added a dog first aid kit as well so that's more than my little camel bak can even carry without a bladder and camera). The last thing I want to do is throw it all in a regular backpack. I did buy a hunting fanny pack that I intended to use to carrying my camera on hikes but it's lack of overall padding makes me hesitant.

I'm kinda surprised there isn't a full fledged hiking back pack for this already. Of course you want the pack as light as possible but what you'd need to take pictures in the wilderness doesn't take up a whole lot of space or weight.

I appreciate the input. I will definitely check it out when I get a chance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.