New Batman in Man of Steel Sequel... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > New Batman in Man of Steel Sequel...

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 08-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

New Batman in Man of Steel Sequel...

Just read that Ben Affleck will be filling the shoes of Christian Bale as Batman/Bruce Wayne in the new Man of Steel sequel........

Really? Ben Affleck....I mean the guy has the potential to act really well, but as Batman? I dunno about that one. I just feel like they should have payed whatever to Christian Bale is keep going....Why does hollywood do this? That would be like getting DJ Qual to play Ironman instead of RDJ.

Thoughts?

Bilstein 5100's - Magnaflow Exhaust.
Cherokeekid88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

It happens for a number reasons. Scheduling conflicts with other movies, contract disputes, ect, ect. It's not like Batman hasn't been played by a ton of different actors. Hell, look how many different actors have played The Hulk in the last 10 years all within the same timeline for the character.

I'm kinda torn on it. He's a solid actor, but he's not enough of a method actor to play two entirely different roles in one character imo. I think he'll be fine as Batman but I can't see him as Bruce Wayne at all. Honestly I think he'd be more suited to the Clark Kent/Superman role, he certainly looks more like what he's tended to look like and it's closer to other roles he's always typically played.

I'm more worried about the movie overall though. Every Superman movie after Christopher Reeves has sucked despite a lot of hype. Plus Zack Snyder is directing again and the last one he did was awful as most of his movies have been. There's a lot of history between Batman and Superman in the comics and I don't think he'll pull off having them both in the same movie, especially after how well Christopher Nolan has portrayed Batman. Either it's going to continue as the same kind of Batman and he's not going to live up to Nolan's Batman or it's going to have to be a reboot of Batman and the Nolan Batman is too fresh in everyone's mind for that, granted this one is still about 2 years away.
Unread 08-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #3
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
It happens for a number reasons. Scheduling conflicts with other movies, contract disputes, ect, ect. It's not like Batman hasn't been played by a ton of different actors. Hell, look how many different actors have played The Hulk in the last 10 years all within the same timeline for the character.

I'm kinda torn on it. He's a solid actor, but he's not enough of a method actor to play two entirely different roles in one character imo. I think he'll be fine as Batman but I can't see him as Bruce Wayne at all. Honestly I think he'd be more suited to the Clark Kent/Superman role, he certainly looks more like what he's tended to look like and it's closer to other roles he's always typically played.

I'm more worried about the movie overall though. Every Superman movie after Christopher Reeves has sucked despite a lot of hype. Plus Zack Snyder is directing again and the last one he did was awful as most of his movies have been. There's a lot of history between Batman and Superman in the comics and I don't think he'll pull off having them both in the same movie, especially after how well Christopher Nolan has portrayed Batman. Either it's going to continue as the same kind of Batman and he's not going to live up to Nolan's Batman or it's going to have to be a reboot of Batman and the Nolan Batman is too fresh in everyone's mind for that, granted this one is still about 2 years away.
You didn't like 300 or the watchmen?
My thing is....since Nolan is involved....why not pay the money for Bale to contiue his role? If it was a different producer, I could understand the use for a new batman...but come on....
Unread 08-26-2013, 12:04 PM   #4
Cherokeekid88
1997 XJ Cherokee 

But I did just find out.....Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor......
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
HobbesMRH

I can't picture Ben Affleck as Batman and take it seriously. I think they'd be better off finding a less well known actor to fill the roll.
HobbesMRH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #6
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
You didn't like 300 or the watchmen?
My thing is....since Nolan is involved....why not pay the money for Bale to contiue his role? If it was a different producer, I could understand the use for a new batman...but come on....
300 wasn't bad but I don't think Snyder's involvement was significant. Watchmen was awful, but I never liked the graphic novel either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesMRH View Post
I can't picture Ben Affleck as Batman and take it seriously. I think they'd be better off finding a less well known actor to fill the roll.
My problem with Aflleck is I can't see him filling dual roles. He could do one or the other ok, but neither great and certainly not both. If Batman is a minor role in it and he only plays Batman he'll probably be ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokeekid88 View Post
But I did just find out.....Bryan Cranston will be playing Lex Luthor......
This I can see though I think his role in Breaking Bad will probably overshadow any performance sadly. Cranston is a phenomenal actor and it's a shame he's only getting significant recognition so late in his career.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.