Guitar value - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > Guitar value

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #1
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Guitar value

I found a guitar that piqued my interest at a pawn shop a couple of days ago and was wondering what it was worth. It's in perfect condition except for missing one string. Just strumming it as is without even plugging it in it had an amazing sound.

It's an Epiphone Les Paul '56 Gold Top.

The back and sides are black. The front of the body is metallic gold.

From what I have been reading, I am gathering that epiphone is a cheaper line of Gibson.

I was wondering what it was worth, as it is hard to tell at pawn shops, as sometimes things are ridiculously overpriced and sometimes they have good deals.

I could not believe how good it sounded.

Instead of buying it, I was thinking about trading useless stuff I have for it, namely the five original tires and wheels from my 2007 JK Sahara which only have 500 miles on them. The tires and wheels are in my way and I have been unable to sell them. The idea of trading instead of buying did not occur to me until I left the store, so I am not even sure if they are going to want the tires and wheels. If that is the case, I might just buy the guitar with cash but I need to know what it is worth.

I think a Gibson of the same model as this epiphone is probably worth a couple of thousand but that is just a guess. If I remember right, the price tag on this epiphone is around $328.

Is that a fair price or should it be less? Should it be more and this is a fantastic deal I should pounce on?

I don't think I am coordinated enough to play guitar well but it's been a long time and I am willing to try again. I am very talented musically, but never really played guitar. I am an excellent singer and I am pretty good with percussion, so maybe I can try guitar.

If nothing else, if this is a good enough deal on the guitar, I might have an easier time selling it than tires and maybe make a few bucks on it.

Unread 06-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I went to the pawn shop and got the same answer as at other pawn shops. They don't want the tires and wheels because they are too hard to sell.
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Just go in there with $250 cash and walk out with it
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #4
Mr_Speakeasy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You can buy my Ibanez RG420 or my Marshall Lead100 MOSFET amp head and Crate 4x12 inch speaker cab!
image-713719321.jpg

image-1903636704.jpg

Mr_Speakeasy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.