George RR Martin's Game of Thrones HBO Mini Series - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Film, Music and Art > George RR Martin's Game of Thrones HBO Mini Series

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! PANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thiIRON CROSS Jeep JK Front and Rear STUBBY BUMPERS IN STOCK

Unread 04-12-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

George RR Martin's Game of Thrones HBO Mini Series

So I am pretty excited about this. It airs on HBO on April 17th. Anyone else looking forward to this?

I have always enjoyed Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series. I hope he can finish the series. Here's hoping we get to see A Dance of Dragons novel soon. In the mean time I will enjoy watching this. I hope it's good.

Trailer:

Don't want to wait for a reply or just want to chat with other Jeepers?
Join JF IRC Chatroom. Click here to go directly to the webclient and
type in #jeepforum for the channel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Deepskyy- View Post
Sarah has the punctuality of an American airlines flight in a Chicago snowstorm
Sarahdactyl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
ArchAngel78

I am currently reading this series. I was hoping to finish most of it before the show came out. HBO typically does a pretty good job!
ScanGauge II
ArchAngel78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #3
vmann7
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
So I am pretty excited about this. It airs on HBO on April 17th. Anyone else looking forward to this?

I have always enjoyed Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire book series. I hope he can finish the series. Here's hoping we get to see A Dance of Dragons novel soon. In the mean time I will enjoy watching this. I hope it's good.
The book series is excellent and the show is looking good as well. My only issue is he may pull a Robert Jordan on us and kick the bucket before he's done.
vmann7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #4
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmann7 View Post
The book series is excellent and the show is looking good as well. My only issue is he may pull a Robert Jordan on us and kick the bucket before he's done.
Yeah, last I heard he wasn't in very good health. Poor guy.

I just looked up the release date of "A Dance with Dragons". Amazon says the date is July 12, 2011! You can pre order it apparently. Here's hoping that's the real day!

Quote:
Unread 04-12-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

By Martin's own words lol - "Barring tsunamis, general strikes, world wars, or asteroid strikes, you will have the novel in your hands on July 12. I hope you like it."

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #6
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

Bump - Series airs tomorrow at 9pm on HBO.

Super excited.

You can view all the houses, and who plays what characters here:
http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of.../guide/houses/

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2011, 11:22 PM   #7
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

:e
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
grovesj2

I love the book series, but I have never, NEVER, liked a movie after reading the book first, going all the way back to when I was a little kid and "Where the Red Fern Grows." Oh Dan and Ann...
grovesj2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-17-2011, 09:03 AM   #9
vmann7
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
By Martin's own words lol - "Barring tsunamis, general strikes, world wars, or asteroid strikes, you will have the novel in your hands on July 12. I hope you like it."
Hey since he said that we've attacked Libya and Japan was hit by a tsunami. Oh oh! One other tidbit, apparently he over wrote.....again. There is talk of splitting the work into five volumes, each dedicated to one character and releasing them every month. I hate this idea. I just hope the final two don't take five years each like this one.
Unread 04-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
vmann7
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovesj2 View Post
I love the book series, but I have never, NEVER, liked a movie after reading the book first, going all the way back to when I was a little kid and "Where the Red Fern Grows." Oh Dan and Ann...

Usually I agree, with certain exceptions such as LOTR. I'm hopeful in this case since the author was intimately involved in the screenwriting and filming. We'll see in a few hours though.
Unread 04-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovesj2 View Post

I have hopes that this mini series will be good. I think the author will be more involved and there will be 10 one hour episodes. So there will be enough time to cover everything that needs to be covered. So there won't be any important parts cut out hopefully. I watched the first few minutes of it online and I liked it. The only draw back from going to a book to a movie is the characters don't ever look like you imagined them to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmann7 View Post
Hey since he said that we've attacked Libya and Japan was hit by a tsunami. Oh oh! One other tidbit, apparently he over wrote.....again. There is talk of splitting the work into five volumes, each dedicated to one character and releasing them every month. I hate this idea. I just hope the final two don't take five years each like this one.
That is gonna drive me crazy if they do that. I've waited so many years for this book to come out...

Quote:
Unread 04-18-2011, 09:39 AM   #12
vmann7
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well, not bad, not bad at all. I was worried the complexity of the tale wouldn't come thru but this was nicely done.
Unread 04-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #13
Sarahdactyl
★=THE MOAR YOU KNOOOW=

1991 XJ Cherokee 

It was very nicely done. I was glued to the TV the whole time. I thought they might hold back but they most certainly did not.

Quote:
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
HaViiK
2001 WJ 

:-e
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/haviiks-01-wj-slow-build-1067820/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Black HaViiK:[/COLOR][/URL] [COLOR="DarkRed"]2001 WJ, 4.0, 42re (rebuilt at 100k), 30/35, Rough Country X-Series, JCR Stage 3 Sliders, Yakima Megawarrior & Big Powderhound, Grille Guard, KC Daylighter 130w, Custom Sub Box & 2 Kicker 12" CVR
[/COLOR]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/zj-wj-faqs-read-first-contact-mod-changes-additions-591821/"][COLOR="DarkRed"]WJ/ZJ FAQ[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.facebook.com/steven.T.wright"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Facebook. Wheeling stuff in there.[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Thunderheadrcx?feature=mhee"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Youtube Channel. GoPro/Wheeling stuff[/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=rulppa(chat);10944366]whats with people (steve) with those monster sigs. reply is usually like ':E' then 2 pages of signature lol[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sarahdactyl;11226293]THE WINNER IS REDHOTCHILIDOG!!!!111!!1!!!!(OBNXIOUS HUGE BEEFSTEW STYLE FONT) I will PM winner for details[/QUOTE]
HaViiK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Just started watching this show. Very good IMO. I haven't read the book, but I'm hooked on the show. Now that I'm caught up, waiting a week between shows sucks.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.