Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Where and when were you in Iraq

13K views 131 replies 52 participants last post by  ian0341fo 
#1 ·
I was at FOB Iskandaryia from Jan 2005-to Jan 2006
and at FOB Balad from June 2009- to March 2010.

#8 ·
My 2nd tour we were doing convoy security for KBR, That took us all over Iraq to just about every FOB in Iraq. Many Many miles on those freaking roads.:thumbdown:

#18 ·
Bagram's not bad. It's got good chow and a good gym. I've gotten too old to go FOB camping with the 'kids'. I'll be in the rear with the gear this time working on staff. I'll probably get bored within a week and go out hunting.

#19 ·
Off the coast on a ship in 03,
Al Qaim 2007
Sal Sinjar 2009

#28 ·
DUOTE=yellow_snocone;14792356]Gotta love that push. FOB Scania was a great truckers stop I missed it on my last tour :([/QUOTE]

Scania, man that place was a dump.. I got sick everytime I ate the chow from there, then the toilets were so nasty you didnt even wanna use them, we ran fuel trucks through there all the time...

#31 ·
Yea Scania was a quick turn around and so was Victory, Balad had some nice chow also, I miss the the free lobster...lol. My wife was at Taji and I would spend a few days there a month, It wasnt bad.

#33 ·
Last tour was short as a contractor. 10 months total in 2011 and spent a lotta time on rotor/fixed wing all over for relief of personnel going on leave. Spent time on Mosul, Irbil, Speicher, War Horse, Warrior, Balad, Victory, Al Asad and finished bouncing between Arifjan and Buehring when EOM was called.

Glad everyone here made it home. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.