Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Where and when were you in Iraq

13K views 131 replies 52 participants last post by  ian0341fo 
#1 ·
I was at FOB Iskandaryia from Jan 2005-to Jan 2006
and at FOB Balad from June 2009- to March 2010.

#129 ·
Hitman87 said:
Agreed! Iraq sucked. At least Afghanistan was all mountains and different seasons, at least you had something nice to look at to take your mind off of all the bull**** that comes with the job. Iraq is nothing but desert unless your by the tigris or Euphrates river. But one thing I did like was the stars at night, clear as could be, you could actually see the Milky Way. Crazy

"If you seek peace, prepare for war!"
Me personally I didn't get many days like that in either place. I just enjoyed the hell outta search and destroy missions. And not having to deal with the ******* Iraqis. And I miss the hell outta my 240b.

#131 ·
Well, I've been back in Iraq for about 9 months now. This time as a contractor though. I seem to find Jeep-like vehicles no matter where I go.
This is some sort of Russian deal-i-o that I stole from the General for the day. Don't worry.... he won't mind, they hate these things.

Attachments

#132 ·
Feb-October 2004 with 1st LAR. Hung out North of the river in Al Bu Hardan, some in Al Qaim. Hit a little bit of Ramadi, and Fallujah I, from the south.

2nd tour was (i think) October 2005-July 2006. Same unit. Was in Camp Korean Village, also Operation Steel Curtain in Husaybah. Good times.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.