What watch do you all wear? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > What watch do you all wear?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-06-2013, 06:55 PM   #1
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

What watch do you all wear?

I think I should buy a watch, i ship out to basic in july to OSUT infantry..

im looking at this one
http://www.amazon.com/Casio-DW9052-1...pd_sbs_watch_1

Will they issue watches or not really?

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
grnd93
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Don't expect to be able to wear one in basic. Your DI will tell you what time it is.
grnd93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-06-2013, 08:37 PM   #3
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Oh okay thanks.

in the works: lp30 + 8.8 build to 4.88s + wj swap
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
zenman
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd93 View Post
Don't expect to be able to wear one in basic. Your DI will tell you what time it is.
And don't argue with him even if you know he's wrong. You'll just scape that watch off low crawling anyway.

Old Jeep: 2012 JK Sahara Dozer
zenman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
rdujeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

yeah I didn't take a watch when I went to IN OSUT. Whenever I asked the DS what the time was his answer was always "TIME FOR YOU TO HURRY THE **** UP AND DO SOME PUSHUPS PRIVATE!!!"
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #6
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-PAW2000-...thfinder+casio thats what I have. its like the jeep of watches.

except you arent constantly trying to fix it.
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:24 AM   #7
chainz
1976 CJ5 

I have always used a cheapo timex expedition, I just keep throwing batteries in them I have considered buying a fancy G-shock but i have a hard time justifying the cost for what you get with it. I recommend you bring a watch to basic with you. The chances of using it "down range" are slim but you will need it at reception they more than likely wont take it from you but you probably won't be allowed to wear it either. When I went through only the platoon guide had a watch and he was responsible for keeping his entire platoon tracking on time. I almost would not want to wear it for a lot of the training anyways your hands are going to get beat up doing push-ups and everything else that will be expected of you.
chainz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-15-2013, 04:35 AM   #8
mnewxcv
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainz
I have always used a cheapo timex expedition, I just keep throwing batteries in them I have considered buying a fancy G-shock but i have a hard time justifying the cost for what you get with it. I recommend you bring a watch to basic with you. The chances of using it "down range" are slim but you will need it at reception they more than likely wont take it from you but you probably won't be allowed to wear it either. When I went through only the platoon guide had a watch and he was responsible for keeping his entire platoon tracking on time. I almost would not want to wear it for a lot of the training anyways your hands are going to get beat up doing push-ups and everything else that will be expected of you.
I have a timex expedition as well. Good cheap watch.
mnewxcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #9
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

G shock. While way overburdened with accessories, they are extremely durable. I have had mine now for about ten years. Mud, water, and two trips to the sandbox. Still soldiering on. Biggest issue is the little retainer that traps the excess length of strap. I usually wind up making one out of 100 mile an hour tape,
jeepdaddy2000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #10
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Casio G Shock. Now I have the madman in military green and has an orange display. It's cool. I am wearing nothing but G Shocks since about the last 15 or so,years and they served me always well. Not very feminin for being a girl, I don't like them" ladies" baby Gshock. My next one will be the Aviator.
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #11
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOR114
Casio G Shock. Now I have the madman in military green and has an orange display. It's cool. I am wearing nothing but G Shocks since about the last 15 or so,years and they served me always well. Not very feminin for being a girl, I don't like them" ladies" baby Gshock. My next one will be the Aviator.
It's MUD Man. Not mad man. Sorry typo
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #12
Flip6-3Hole
1981 CJ7 

Yeah, you don't get to have your watch in basic. I wouldn't worry about it yet. One of my best watches yet has been a $30 Ironman. It did everything, I only switched because I got a sunto for free. They are way overpriced and not worth it in my option. I recently got a garmin running watch. It is so nice to know my pace now. I'm not sure if I can go back.
Flip6-3Hole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.