The wait is almost over - germany - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > The wait is almost over - germany

New! JK/U skid plate system.We now have Uniballs!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 04-24-2015, 10:49 AM   #1
budro574
2005 WK 

The wait is almost over - germany

I am in the Army reserves and my wife is A.D. stationed at Landstuhl. We have been here for a few months and I am finally having the beast sent over. I was told there were a few Jeep clubs in the area, so I figured I would look for some info here. The Jeep is arriving May 20th area and I am looking forward to some trailing and camping.

Danke,

Budro

budro574 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
Jetscuh
O rly?

Hallo!

I am in Germany also and I love it! There are a few people with Jeeps here. I no longer have mine, though. It seems like people have found a place to at least get their Jeep dirty, but I can't forsee there being any major off roading here like you can get in the states (Moab, Rausch, that kind of thing). I don't know about surrounding countries, though. The Germans seem more into preserving the nature, economic cars, smaller vehicles, etc. Not to mention oil and petrol being expensive for them. However, we do have mud races here and those can be a near event to attend.

Next time I run into someone with a Jeep on base I'll ask if they've found any good wheeling anywhere. There are country roads with great scenery though!
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2015, 10:57 AM   #3
NDSpeed
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bought my jeep in Germany, memory serves me right, you will get fined for each blade of grass and future blade of grass that could grow, you don't go off-road without permission. So find a sponsored event before going off-road. Other than that enjoy, and it is a very long drive to Berlin!
Unread 05-10-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
budro574
2005 WK 

Thanks guys, I have noticed that everything is economy here in Germany. We were in France today and it seemed a bit easier going bc I see. A few masarati Lamborghini and Porsches on the highway. I'm not really looking to make ruts and wreck nature. Just get a view of it from a vehicle that most people can not get. I appreciate you keeping your ear to the ground for me!
Lmao, I heard the blade of grass thing from a friend who told me about hitting a chicken and having to pay for every egg that chicken would have layed or something along those lines lol. Yea we seen some amazing views today, I'm really looking forward to picking my jeep up from Bremerhaven in a few weeks and getting lost in Europe. Looks like there were a lot of lakes and river spots to camp
budro574 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.