Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Veterans education assistance act 2010

912 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  AmbuGrl 
#1 ·
i just got a thing in the mail, does any one know everything about this?

from what i understand now when the quarter ends in the middle of the month i'll only get BAH for half a month? who the hell thought that was a good idea??

the other question i have is it says BAH is now gonna be prorated on rate of pursuit round to the nearest 10th, so if i'm goin 3/4 time i'll only get 80%

but the BAH for us national guard was calculated on how mush time we were on active duty so i only get 70 or 75% of the maximum BAH because i was only active for like 19 months.

so does this mean i'm now only going to get 80% of the 75%?? :rantscream:

#2 ·
just got mine too. they already cut my disability bennies, earlier. its athat fookin wanker, obama. just because your broke, you **** everyone that helps defend this country. why doesnt he take a

but ya, thats what im getting from it. no more full pay during vacations. good thing schools almost done for me

#3 ·
I have some sleep issues (apparently common for about 8 months after serving, its better with meds, fwiw)
They wont put it as service connected, because then they will need to pay me mileage between Eau Claire and Tomah (90 miles each way, expensive, seeing as I only have the jeep right now)

I'm not out for disability, I'm not out to say the Army broke me and wont fix me.
I just want to hold hands and sing freekin kumbiya till I stop having night frights like a damn kid. Seriously woke up, threw my girlfriend off the bed onto the floor, and yeah it wasnt good. Didnt hurt her, and it had a happy ending though:cheers:

But, yeah, 19 months of active is basic, ait, and an overseas tour? Or a hell of alot of AT (I'm sorry if thats the case!)
Think that deserves 100%... Talk to your County Veterans Service Officer if you cant get a decent answer from your school VA rep.

~Nate

#4 ·
No basic and ait dont count. Just when we were activated counts.

So we got called up and did some training at ft lewis for a couple months then were in country for 15 months then another month or so when we came back.

Anyway how could anyone think not paying a full month of BAH is a good idea. I work full time which is why i'm only goin 3/4 time at school but for someone who isnt, wtf are they supposed to do get a job for 2 weeks between quarters?

Sent from my Epic 4g using JeepForum

#5 ·
Can anyone confirm it will 80% of the 75%?

Sent from my Epic 4g using JeepForum

#7 ·
Can anyone confirm it will 80% of the 75%?
well if anyone is interested, i confirmed it for myself, i now will get ~$240 less per full month

and prorated for any partial months so i'll get about $660 less every 3rd month

thanks for "fixing" the gi bill :brickwall:

#9 ·
they gotta spend that money to keep the bankers out of jail for the mortgage backed securities fraud

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.