USMC jeep club - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > USMC jeep club

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-09-2012, 09:22 PM   #121
nwiTJdave

I'm missing the gun club....

After this semester, I will have 2 semesters left before I graduate and am considering going back in as an Officer. I tend to think I was a pretty good Marine with a 4.8/4.7 pro cons for my average time in service. I was appointed to squad leader (a little past my 2nd year mark and a corporal over a sergeant) during my units time going through idf counter-terroism school in israel at the discretion of the colonel in charge of the Duvdevan. That will forever be the highlight being reckognized (sp) by someone of that stature.

My question is, I've been out for over 5 years, how much has the Corps changed? A lot of my friends got out after our first 4 years as we were sick of being deployed. During my 4 years, I was awarded 4 sea service deployment ribbons, not including the one month here and there every so often as they weren't 90 days or longer. The ones that did re-enlisted are just sticking around now to get to retirement or will be getting out after 12 years because they are tired of the bs. I would more than likely choose to ground and pick 0302 as my mos after ocs. I am now married with a daughter who just turned 2 so my priorities have changed since my last go around. I just don't want to go through life always saying I wish I had, but if the marines are still heading in the same direction they were when I got out in 06 than I dont think i will really miss it. Same direction being soft and Marines getting really lazy as a whole. It seemed like more fat bodies and always getting their *** kicked during pt and never putting forth the extra effort to improve weak areas.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #122
cruzcontrol
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave
I'm missing the gun club....

After this semester, I will have 2 semesters left before I graduate and am considering going back in as an Officer. I tend to think I was a pretty good Marine with a 4.8/4.7 pro cons for my average time in service. I was appointed to squad leader (a little past my 2nd year mark and a corporal over a sergeant) during my units time going through idf counter-terroism school in israel at the discretion of the colonel in charge of the Duvdevan. That will forever be the highlight being reckognized (sp) by someone of that stature.

My question is, I've been out for over 5 years, how much has the Corps changed? A lot of my friends got out after our first 4 years as we were sick of being deployed. During my 4 years, I was awarded 4 sea service deployment ribbons, not including the one month here and there every so often as they weren't 90 days or longer. The ones that did re-enlisted are just sticking around now to get to retirement or will be getting out after 12 years because they are tired of the bs. I would more than likely choose to ground and pick 0302 as my mos after ocs. I am now married with a daughter who just turned 2 so my priorities have changed since my last go around. I just don't want to go through life always saying I wish I had, but if the marines are still heading in the same direction they were when I got out in 06 than I dont think i will really miss it. Same direction being soft and Marines getting really lazy as a whole. It seemed like more fat bodies and always getting their *** kicked during pt and never putting forth the extra effort to improve weak areas.
Well if you notice how bad it was getting when you got out its much worst now especially on the grunt side.
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #123
threeb

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I was thinking the same thing when I got out in '97.

Edit: Maybe the Corps is not getting softer it could be that the Marines are getting harder as they get older and have more time in.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #124
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzcontrol

Well if you notice how bad it was getting when you got out its much worst now especially on the grunt side.
Thanks, that's kind of what I was thinking was the case. I guess being an officer if you stay in long enough you can influence culture change.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #125
mudslngr
2002 TJ Wrangler 

7051 cfr mcas new river
98-02
jeep.jpg  
mudslngr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #126
boarderofsnow
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ5 

Fellow service members and 4 Wheel Enthusiasts. I served 6 years active duty Air Force and always wanted to give back to those less fortunate who served. Myself and 3 other service men came up with 4 Wheel to Heal. We are a Non-Profit Organization dedicated to Wounded Warriors / Veterans and taking them on trail rides. Please show some support by helping us spread the word for our organization. We also take donations and offer merchandise on our site. I cannot thank you enough for your service and your support!
untitled-2.png  
john.purser@4w2h.org
www.4WheeltoHeal.org

"Real Heroes don't wear capes, They wear Dog Tags!"

CHECK OUT 4 WHEEL TO HEAL

4 Wheel to Heal http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f304/...-heal-1338074/

Build Thread http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/19...iller-1194117/

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/#!/boarderofsnow
boarderofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #127
dons_jeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Semper Fi Devil Dogs, Retired Staff Sergeant Checking-In OOHRAH!
image-579468873.jpg   image-1565152796.jpg   image-1959771474.jpg  
dons_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:48 AM   #128
johnt671
1998 ZJ 

Thumbs up

Served from 69 to 73.
1/5 RVN, 1/2 and 3/2 in the States
johnt671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 07:05 PM   #129
wisconsinwalter

Wpns 3/5 here. 83-89. 0351

image-3159490854.jpg

09 liberty

Last edited by wisconsinwalter; 02-26-2012 at 04:57 AM..
wisconsinwalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #130
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj

1341 Active 82'-85'.

Semper fi
Unread 02-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #131
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt671 View Post
Served from 69 to 73.
1/5 RVN, 1/2 and 3/2 in the States
Welcome home.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #132
johnt671
1998 ZJ 

Thanks a lot.
johnt671 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #133
rhovater
2000 TJ Wrangler 

New Decals
imag0572.jpg  
rhovater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #134
wisconsinwalter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhovater
New Decals
Nice Ssgt, from grit?
wisconsinwalter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:09 AM   #135
hairgrovear
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Years: 2002-2011.
Duty Stations: Camp Lejeune & Washington, DC.
Units: 3/10, 2d MarDiv, 26th MEU & HQMC
Currently living in Alexandria, VA going to grad school.
Semper Fi.
hairgrovear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.