Re enlistment. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Re enlistment.

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Reply
Unread 02-06-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Re enlistment.

I haven't even gone over this with my old recruiter yet.

In May 2011 I was discharged from the Military in basic training with a chapter 11...a failure to adapt. My physical performance wasn't meeting the standards and for some odd reason they didn't want to move me to a different company or put me in "fat" camp. So I got a discharge. Unfortunately these guys wrote on my forms that I was a refusal to train so I could get discharged faster. At the time I really didn't care what they did. I didn't know if I could fight it/appeal it or anything. I was just told I was being chaptered out. I excelled in everything else, but obviously if you can't run, they don't want you. Call me a **** bag or a fat body..I don't care..I'm used to it.

Ever since then I've been jacked up as far as like depression and ****. My want to serve my country has been shot down because of some bull****. Every night I think about why I was discharged and how they couldve just moved me.

Anyway, enough with the sad depressing ****. I'm considering re-enlisting, as far as what branch, I really don't know because I don't know if I can even re-enlist. Does anybody have any idea of how hard it would be to re enlist with a failure to adapt on your DD214? They told me I could come back in a year if I wanted to..but Ive read that's just something they say so people cooperate with the discharge process.

Obviously it'll be a bit until I ultimately decide..I have to get into better shape. Just wondering if it would be worth my time and how good my chances are.

Appreciate any advice.

__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,380
With your current mental health status, you most likely wont clear. The military (all branches) are downsizing and it is getting harder to enlist.
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #3
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,520
not to play debbie downer but as am ambugirl said the military is in a draw down and even well qualified candidates are being turned away.

The way the military will view you is someone who couldn't hack it when you were given your opportunity and they won't want to spend the money training you with the risk of not getting a return on their investment

I would look at maybe going to a different branch and talk to the recruiter and ask if you can pt with their dep and act like you are interested in joining don't know yet on what you want to do. Leave out any info up front about being discharged with a failure to train.
__________________
www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #4
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
With your current mental health status, you most likely wont clear. The military (all branches) are downsizing and it is getting harder to enlist.
Lol mental health. I didn't get discharged because I mentally was ****ed up. I get what you're saying because of what the chapter is defined as But I got discharged for PT stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
not to play debbie downer but as am ambugirl said the military is in a draw down and even well qualified candidates are being turned away.

The way the military will view you is someone who couldn't hack it when you were given your opportunity and they won't want to spend the money training you with the risk of not getting a return on their investment

I would look at maybe going to a different branch and talk to the recruiter and ask if you can pt with their dep and act like you are interested in joining don't know yet on what you want to do. Leave out any info up front about being discharged with a failure to train.

Thanks guys, that's basically what I was expecting to hear, I just wanted to verify.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
Topless617
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Westminster, Md
Posts: 114
Join the Marines! Haha.
I'm just playing. But look around at your options. Somewhere out there there's a recruiter desperate to make his numbers. your best bet it to just try. I'm always here to help.
Your best friend,
TSwift
Topless617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,520
If you don't mind me asking, when you were at boot did you just fall out on runs and at what distance? Did you prepare yourself prior to going or did you expect to get in shape while there? PT is to not get you into shape but to maintain fitness. Also, did you ask to go to the pork chop platoon or how did that play out?
__________________
www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
In May 2011 I was discharged from the Military in basic training with a chapter 11...a failure to adapt. My physical performance wasn't meeting the standards
Block 26 on the member page 4 of the DD214.

Army - RE-4 - Individuals separated from last period of service with a nonwaiverable disqualification (refer to AR 601-280). Ineligible for enlistment except as provided for in paragraphs 2-7c and 2-7d. (See waiverable moral and administrative disqualifications.) Disqualilication is nonwaivable.

Navy, Marines, & Coast Guard - RE-4- Not recommended for reenlistment

Air Force - Need your actual code

RE-4A- Hardship or dependency disch
RE-4B- Exceeding body fat standards disch
RE-4C- Concealment of juvenile rcds; or minority, or faliure to meet phys standards; or failure to obtain 9.0 reading grade
RE-4D- Snr airman or Sgt w at least 9 yrs TAFMS but fewer than 16 yrs
RE-4E- A1C or below completed 31 or more months; 1st term airman; or A1C or below w
RE-4F- 5 or more days lost time. Waiver req for reenlistment
RE-4G- No AFSC skill level commensurate w/grade
RE-4H- Serving suspended punishment to Art 15
RE-4I- Serving on Control Roster
RE-4J- Entered in Phase I AF Weight Prog; or airman ineligible for period of Phase II
RE-4K- Medically disqualified for continued svc; or pending evaluation by MEB/PEB
RE-4L- Separated commissioning prog
RE-4M- Breach of enlistment/reenlistment agreement
RE-4N- Convicted by civil auth
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #8
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,380
Need your sep codes too

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/theor...blcodemenu.htm
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:27 PM   #9
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless617 View Post
Join the Marines! Haha.
I'm just playing. But look around at your options. Somewhere out there there's a recruiter desperate to make his numbers. your best bet it to just try. I'm always here to help.
Your best friend,
TSwift
Shut it Sammi. Thanks though.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2012, 08:30 PM   #10
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
If you don't mind me asking, when you were at boot did you just fall out on runs and at what distance? Did you prepare yourself prior to going or did you expect to get in shape while there? PT is to not get you into shape but to maintain fitness. Also, did you ask to go to the pork chop platoon or how did that play out?
I was in fort leonardwood MO. I was falling out on runs all the time no matter how hard I tried to keep up. I had been doing well in everything else but that. When they said I was getting chaptered I asked if I could be recycled or sent to fat camp. They said "there isn't a company in our phase right now and fat camp has no space". I 'd at the no space at fat camp thing though. Anyway it seemed as if there was nothing I could do about it.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
0sevenjk
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: baltimore
Posts: 497
Hey man... I talked to you before you went in. I know that you could have a chance at going back in if it was just the runs. The only thing that could prevent it is what they actually put on your paperwork. We had dudes that got 25 minutes on their two miles until the final pt test. When they failed that, they were out. However... I think there might be more to it than that. Not that I doubt what you're saying, just that they might have had a different impression.

I'd tell a recruiter up front that you want back in. Just be ready to pt.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #12
lrsmithwhaley
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Whiteman AFB, MO
Posts: 1,240
My twocents. Be very careful with your wording. Make it sound like you want to try again, but not that you are depressed about having been separated. Also, I would make sure that you are in top physical condition before talking with the recruiter. I mean NO fat, and can pass a PT test with flying colors. When I was in DEP with the Air Force my recruiter had the DEP group do a mock PT test every couple months to see how serious we were about joining. Granted, my weight was close, and most of the group was going either SERE, PJ, or TACP.
__________________
Green with Silver trim 1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo (DD and Off-roader)
March 2007 Stock Class XJ of the Month
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #13
2006_Sport
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sherrills Ford, NC
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sevenjk View Post
Hey man... I talked to you before you went in. I know that you could have a chance at going back in if it was just the runs. The only thing that could prevent it is what they actually put on your paperwork. We had dudes that got 25 minutes on their two miles until the final pt test. When they failed that, they were out. However... I think there might be more to it than that. Not that I doubt what you're saying, just that they might have had a different impression.

I'd tell a recruiter up front that you want back in. Just be ready to pt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsmithwhaley View Post
My twocents. Be very careful with your wording. Make it sound like you want to try again, but not that you are depressed about having been separated. Also, I would make sure that you are in top physical condition before talking with the recruiter. I mean NO fat, and can pass a PT test with flying colors. When I was in DEP with the Air Force my recruiter had the DEP group do a mock PT test every couple months to see how serious we were about joining. Granted, my weight was close, and most of the group was going either SERE, PJ, or TACP.

Forgot about this thread. Thanks guys. I'll talk to a recruiter in a week or so and see what he has to say.
__________________
SUPPORT THE TROOPS

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2012, 01:22 PM   #14
VietVet67
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Enterprise, Oregon
Posts: 768
IF you had problems with PT in the ARMY don't even think about the Marines--Army is a piece of cake compaired to them--good luck tho
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
Ross
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: BUM****, MO
Posts: 10,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
not to play debbie downer but as am ambugirl said the military is in a draw down and even well qualified candidates are being turned away.

The way the military will view you is someone who couldn't hack it when you were given your opportunity and they won't want to spend the money training you with the risk of not getting a return on their investment

I would look at maybe going to a different branch and talk to the recruiter and ask if you can pt with their dep and act like you are interested in joining don't know yet on what you want to do. Leave out any info up front about being discharged with a failure to train.
Beats the hell out of blowing smoke up homebody’s ***. Even if the truth sucks it is still better than bull ****. I recruited for the Army from 2003-2006 when the Army was desperate for numbers. Even then 24 months had to pass if you were forced out before you were even able to submit a waiver. Even then I don't remember a waiver ever getting approved for anybody who was chaptered out, at any time for any reason. Not saying it didn't happen, I just never saw it happen. I tried and had seen it tried many times with no success. They kicked you out for a reason, said to say but you considered a proven failure.

The Military is downsizing. Supply and Demand. There is an ample supply of applicants and a shrinking supply of positions to be filed. Even back in desperate times prior en-listed where the to be last considered.

Give it a shot hop for the best.

It doesn't matter what you say they only thing that matter is your 214 or whatever document you got when you where chaptered, o matter what branch go to.
__________________
Schitzangiggles: We used to teach our children to fight evil, now we teach them that fighting is evil.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.