Prior Service USMC thinking of Army Reserve - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Prior Service USMC thinking of Army Reserve

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 02-26-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Prior Service USMC thinking of Army Reserve

I've been out since 02 and thinking about going reserve, got out honorably as an E-3, any advice?

NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Marine Corps Jeep Club Member #3
So I tell the swampdonkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and I have her lick me yardballs.
NYCXJ90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCXJ90 View Post
any advice?
Don't do it.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:04 PM   #3
EmbarkChief

I EAS'd in '02 as well and seriously considered the reserves. However I just know that "just 2 weekends a month" thing always would wind up on the wrong weekend... I want you to think real long and hard about looking in the mirror and not seeing "U.S. Marines" on your cammies. I know how that made me feel, how about you?
EmbarkChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #4
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

Don't do it. Like EmbarkChief said "I want you to think real long and hard about looking in the mirror and not seeing "U.S. Marines" on your cammies.". While I was AD in the Army we had a few "Former" Marines and you guys could never let it go. You guys are so indoctrinated and don't know how to do anything but be a JarHead!

Why not join the Marine Reserves?
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:16 PM   #5
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I have a 50+ year old cousin who's in a NG Armor company and he was prior service USMC. SOB is heading to Iraq in 3 months...

I have an RE3P reenlistment code and I'm having a real hard time getting time with a Marine Prior Service Enlisted Recruiter. Army seemed real quick to set up an appointment.

I'm on the fence, might just push and see if i can't get back in where I belong.

What's the deal with rank, how long after I'm out can i still transfer it over?

Will I have to run basic again?
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
So I tell the swampdonkey to sock it before I give her a trunky in the tradesman's entrance and I have her lick me yardballs.
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xgore View Post
Don't do it. Like EmbarkChief said "I want you to think real long and hard about looking in the mirror and not seeing "U.S. Marines" on your cammies.". While I was AD in the Army we had a few "Former" Marines and you guys could never let it go. You guys are so indoctrinated and don't know how to do anything but be a JarHead!

Why not join the Marine Reserves?
I've heard that, I was wondering if it were something I could get over.
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:21 PM   #7
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

I see you're a VW salesman. When are they bringing the TDI back in the Passat?
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #8
EmbarkChief

You will never have to go through "basic" for any of the other services. On the rank thing you will have to get with the recruiter. Before Iraq kicked off again they (recruiters) were calling me trying to get me back in uniform, FWIW they said I could keep my rank (E-5). However I had only been out a year or so at that time. Let us know what they say about that, I'm a little curious myself.
EmbarkChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #9
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xgore View Post
I see you're a VW salesman. When are they bringing the TDI back in the Passat?
They promised us TDI Jettas and Jetta Sportwagens in January..... Now they say June/July.

Passats are looking mid 09 run MAYBE.

To many new car releases going on right now for them to focus on the diesel (don't ask they're stupid, i have a folder on my desk with tons of peoples names and numbers wanting to preorder TDI Jettas).

Tiguan - April
Jetta SW - May/June
Jetta TDI - June/July
Passat CC - September
Routan (chrsyler Town and Country with VW spin) -September/October
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:32 PM   #10
NYCXJ90
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I'm meeting with the Army recruiter Friday, I'll see what they have to say then and let you guys know.
NYPD Jeep Club Member #2
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #11
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Just DO IT...GO ARMY!!!
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2010, 11:41 AM   #12
Kraxen
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbarkChief View Post
You will never have to go through "basic" for any of the other services. On the rank thing you will have to get with the recruiter. Before Iraq kicked off again they (recruiters) were calling me trying to get me back in uniform, FWIW they said I could keep my rank (E-5). However I had only been out a year or so at that time. Let us know what they say about that, I'm a little curious myself.
theres only a certain amount of time you can be out for with out going through basic again. when i went through basic for the army which was this year i had a former marine in my platoon.
Unread 10-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
nwiTJdave

Go Navy...beat Army

BTW This thread is old.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #14
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

i ets'd from active duty in 98 from the army. when i signed back into active in 03, i was allowed to keep my rank, not do basic, and pick an interesting mos.

we had an ex-marine in my unit at fort benning. if he hadn't ever told me, i would've never known.

the army drill sergeants sure jump when they find out you have family who are up there in the marines. life got alot easier when they found out my dad was a sergeant major in the marines and they walked him every where when he came to visit on family day. i got treated way better then those reserve drill sergeants did

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.