PCS to Ft Huachuca - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-24-2015, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
jeep-n00b
2004 TJ Wrangler 

PCS to Ft Huachuca

Looks like I'm headed to Huachuca in a few months. I'm a 15Z, so I will most likely be working with the UAS folks. Both the location and the job will be new to me, as I've never been to the southwest and I've never really dealt with UAS folks. Looking forward to both. It'll be nice to do something different.

I'm looking for information about the area. Any useful info will be welcome. I have no kids, so schools aren't an issue for me. Housing? Jobs (preferably on-post) for my wife? How's the post?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-24-2015, 11:37 AM
METT-TC
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have nothing on Huachuca. But I'm a 15B stationed several hours north of you in the Vegas area. Desert wheeling...one hell of a bennie for a guy with a Jeep.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-22-2015, 02:04 AM
Luke83CJ8
1983 CJ8 

I saw this post is about a month old but I can offer a little information. I have done a lot of training in Yuma(I am USMC) and have been to Huachuca for a helo-assault, so only for about an hour on deck or so. It was beautiful and there will be a ton of outdoors/off-roading opportunities. I don't know much about the family/day to day type of things out there but have had friends stationed there and they loved it.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-15-2015, 02:53 AM
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Tj me too

Im PCSing there in late Janurary. never been over in that area either. going to be interesting what my Jeep will do haha
post #5 of 5 Old 01-27-2017, 09:53 AM
cramil
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Back in my AF days I was at Davis Monthan in Tucson just to the north and loved the southwest desert. hot as hell for a few months but then 9 months of pretty awesome weather. I'm Army now and haven't ever been to Sierra Vista/Ft Huachuca, but it is in the middle of nowhere on the boarder. Jeepin should be great tho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.