Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

New USN Jeep Club Join

98K views 736 replies 305 participants last post by  1997836 
#1 · (Edited)
Alright everyone else has there's so here's ours!
USN JEEP CLUB MEMBERSHIP

TO JOIN POST YOUR INFO WHEN, WHERE, RANK/RATE, JEEP YOU DRIVE WHERE YA AT NOW.

THEN JUST TAKE THE NEXT NUMBER AND IT"S YOURS!

Welcome! :thumbsup:

Kopczyk has #2

#6 · (Edited)
I'll take Hull #3
'71 to '75, USS Hunley AS-31
Guam, Bremerton WA, Goose Creek SC
port calls: Acapolco, Sydney, Panama, Cuba plus an quick R&R in Bangkok
E5 Storekeeper
did 3 years, 11 months, 28 days and 7.5 hours but who's counting...
and when the wife lets me, I drive her '03 Liberty Sport...

#8 · (Edited)
Texas ZJ1,

I'll take Hull #4.

CDR at
Texas A&M University NROTC

Hunter

#13 ·
surfgod04 said:
Ill take #6

Im new to the navy, Im at the Naval Academy Prep School in newport right now, but this summer i will be a plebe at the Naval Academy back in my hometown of Annapolis.
Your not in the navy yet but your on a good start.
Remember Enlisted people are your friend treat them good they'll treat you good.
And welcome aboard :thumbsup:

#17 ·
CosmicCreeper said:
actually at the prep school they consider us to be in the navy, we are called Midshipmen Candidates, or M/C's and we have the same paygrade as E-2s. We actually get payed more per month than the first class (seniors) at the academy. But next year is when it really starts counting. :D Im excited, I grew up around the academy and it has been my dream to go there ever since I was little.

#18 ·
surfgod04 said:
actually at the prep school they consider us to be in the navy, we are called Midshipmen Candidates, or M/C's and we have the same paygrade as E-2s. We actually get payed more per month than the first class (seniors) at the academy. But next year is when it really starts counting. :D Im excited, I grew up around the academy and it has been my dream to go there ever since I was little.
Well good luck to you, hang in there.

If you can make a career out of the Military or government work, by all means do it. By the time many of us get to retirement age, most companies won't have a pension plan and we'll have to hope our 401 K's do well. Plus there's the health care cost issue.

The Navy is a blast, you'll remember the places you go and your shipmates for the rest of your life. I still look back at deployment pictures and wish at time I were still in.

#19 ·
Joined in 1976, retired in 2001, duty stations include:
USS Southerland DD743
USS Koelsch FF1049
FLEASWTRACENLANT Mayport, FL
USS Wainwright CG28
USS Sierra AD18
FLEASWTRACENPAC Pearl Harbor, HI
USS Champion MCM4
USS Scout MCM8
USS Patriot MCM7
RSG Ingleside, Texas
Fleet and Battle Group Training and Navy Range Office, Pentagon

I'll take #8 and a Battle E while I'm at it! :laugh:

#22 · (Edited)
wvd said:
USS Sierra AD18
I recognize that ship!! Took their liberty boat back by mistake when I was supposed to be going back to the USS ESSEX in Lisbon, I think, 1962 :rolleyes: .

USN 1960 to 1967
USS ESSEX
Riverine school San Diego
Task Force 116, Rung Sat & Bassac Rivers, Vietnam ;)
MR2

I think I'm 9?

#23 ·
Remember Enlisted people are your friend treat them good they'll treat you good.
And welcome aboard

Too funny! :rofl:

AOCS,
VT-2
HT-18
HC-3
HC-6
HT-8
USS Bataan LHD-5
HC-8
USSTRATCOM

Some of the ships:
Saturn
Concord
Santa Barbara
Inchon
Iwo Jima
Kearsarge
Wasp
Sirius
Saipan

Hunter

#24 ·
Ritt said:
I recognize that ship!! Took their liberty boat back by mistake when I was supposed to be going back to the USS ESSEX in Lisbon, I think, 1962 :rolleyes: .

USN 1960 to 1967
USS ESSEX
Riverine school San Diego
Task Force 116, Rung Sat & Bassac Rivers, Indo China ;)
MR2

I think I'm 9?
:rofl: :rofl:
After a particularly entertaining evening of fun in Italy, I returned to my ship, hit the pit, and slept the sleep of the innocent. In the morning, everything was normal, except all the people were different. It turned out to be our sister ship. :laugh:

#25 ·
wvd said:
:rofl: :rofl:
After a particularly entertaining evening of fun in Italy, I returned to my ship, hit the pit, and slept the sleep of the innocent. In the morning, everything was normal, except all the people were different. It turned out to be our sister ship. :laugh:
Spoken like a true sailor :thumbsup:

I'm not as think as you drunk I am.

I think I drank so much between 18-22 while in the Navy it's out of my system. I rarely even drank in College and my wife thinks I'm a bore sometimes. I guess I can blame the Navy for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.