Marine Corps Drill Instructors.... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Marine Corps Drill Instructors....

New For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S ExhaNew For October! Flowmaster Black Ceramic Coated 304S Exha

Unread 01-03-2011, 07:48 PM   #76
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-96-XJ View Post
so all the stories are fake? i guess they teach them to lie pretty well at basic but honestly i have heard this from multiple people who have been to basic... why would they lie about something they would be embarassed about? not saying everyone in the army gets stress cards just saying the people i know supposidly did
I can assure you they do not issue 'stress cards', if you'd like to ask some current DSs I'd be happy to provide you with some email addys.

-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:40 PM   #77
Trons
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I guess I got lucky. I went through Great Mistakes in '94 and I've been to boy scout summer camp that was worse. It helped that I was raised by a marine, I already knew how to fold my clothes and make my bed and I was on the track team, swim team and wrestled in high school.

I actually don't remember my CC's name. SM1 something or other, we just called him SM1. I went to boot before it was coed. Coolest story (and the type of recruit I was, which is why it was probably pretty easy for me

Our Company Commander had just got done giving us all a lesson on how when one screws up, we all screw up and that's the name of the game (lots of stuff about how yada yada yada). I came out of the head to see another recruit being chewed out in the CC's office and get dropped, right as I'm walking out. I dropped my gear and did the push-ups with the guy who was getting the worst of it. Our CC saw this and decided to make me an example...when one screwed up, we all screwed up. Sucked for the group, buy made my life pretty easy.
Trons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:07 AM   #78
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-96-XJ View Post
so all the stories are fake? i guess they teach them to lie pretty well at basic but honestly i have heard this from multiple people who have been to basic... why would they lie about something they would be embarassed about? not saying everyone in the army gets stress cards just saying the people i know supposidly did
http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp

I heard about this when I was in and never met one PVT fresh from basic that got them. The only thing I ever heard was that they were allowing them to wear soft soled boots or shoes for the first week (or 2 I don't remember) before wearing their boots.
I went through in 93 and we had no stress cards and we wore our boots after we got them issued the next morning at inprocessing.
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:45 AM   #79
m1a1mastergunner

1979 CJ5 

I also heard about this. I recall some of my privates saying something in the mid to late 90's, maybe even as late as 2002 (not really sure of the timeframe) about having a yellow "stress" card. They would have gone through One Station Unit Training for 19Ks at Fort Knox whenever.

I assured them that I did not have a stress card in 1982, nor do we use one in this platoon!
m1a1mastergunner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #80
DEVILDG03
2012 MK Patriot 

Semper fi.......
DEVILDG03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 09:25 AM   #81
EDGEY
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achped View Post
Are they really that bad?
Depends on the Battalion... Poor slobs in 3rd battalion, I feel for 'em.

2008 Black Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - 3"BDS, 35x12.50 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, Mickey Thompson Sidebiters, Bushwacker Flat Flares, Smittybilt XRC Modular Bumper
EDGEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 10:37 AM   #82
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trons View Post
I went through Great Mistakes in '94 and I've been to boy scout summer camp that was worse. I actually don't remember my CC's name. SM1 something or other, we just called him SM1. I went to boot before it was coed.
You went to boot AFTER it was coed the first time. I went in 92 to Florida and my company was an 'I' company (integrated) and not the way it is integrated today. My RCPO was a male and our YN was a female. They stopped the I companies one or two divisions after mine due to the typical opposite sex issues.

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2011, 09:57 AM   #83
MsGTI
2006 TJ Wrangler 

This just reminded me of Jack Nicolson's character in *A Few Good Men*

Well said I'm an Army veteran with a son leaving for bootcamp next Feb 6,2012.I told him if he wanted something more challenging,the Marines would be the best fit,the Army hasn't gotten soft since I was in back in 1986.

2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ Metallic Khaki
2009 VW GTI
MsGTI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #84
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Pfft. A one-post hit-and-run coward. Probably got booted out of Delayed Entry as a non-hacker before they could even make it into Boot Camp. No loss, and obviously no clue what Marine Corps Boot Camp is really about.

Semper Fi to my brothers!
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-22-2011, 06:51 AM   #85
DEVILDG03
2012 MK Patriot 

They were tuff when I was in.. But they need to be to get you ready! Now I dont know if they ask if you want a latte or cappuccino with your chow lol
Unread 12-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #86
DEVILDG03
2012 MK Patriot 

Semper fi
Unread 12-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #87
STEELHORSE6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

this thread is cracking me up, there sure is alot of "my cousin's best friend's neighbor went to navy basic in 1985 and he said.. "

Army Infantry basic and Marine recruit trainng/basic are fairly interchangable, there are minor differances such as acronyms, length, etc etc..

That being said, DI's or DS are there to motivate you, train you, teach you and weed you out before you get others killed. Your feelings are not important, your just another number and its nothing personal. No they cant hit you anymore but they will make you wish they had.

The primary goal is to make you a warrior, one that follows lawful orders, does not heisitate or question the why, life and death in combat can be measured by the tenths of a second it takes to hesitate. Marines or Soldiers are not unfeeling unthinking robots, the best warriors have always been intelligent, and a big **** you to the guy that thinks wars dont solve anything and were all a bunch of psychos..yeah war never solved anything except lets see, genocide, slavery, dictatorships, human rights violations etc. THE ENTIRE PURPOSE OF THE MILITARY IS TO BREAK **** AND KILL PEOPLE...

Dont say a word unti you have put on the boots and been there.

Us Army Infantry 2001-2007
STEELHORSE6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 01:47 AM   #88
Drix
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Xj_Sport View Post
Yeah the military has softened it up alot in the years. They can't hit or push or even poke at a recruit and they don't even like them yelling at them (although I don't think the DS care that much about those rules )
There were never any rules allowing them to beat you... It is just that it has been brought to everyone's attention now. Now they are allowed to protect themselves at a one arms distance...

in 99 when i went through the big thing in our platoon was...

doing stuff like being made to drink water till you throw up after chow... then they spiced it up by making you stand face to face with the guy across from you and drink water till you threw up on each other.

that got old and we had to stand nuts to butts and sit down... in our underwear drink water until we threw up on the guy in front of us. however you could hear the vomit like a roaring river from behind then Splat and you continued the cycle to the guy in front of you...

each group says they had it harder then the next...
95' YJ 4" lift 33"x12.5r15's D30/8.8 locked with 4:88's
USMC Jeep Club #6
"Why in hell can't the Army do it if the Marines can. They are the same kind of men; why can't they be like Marines."
Gen. John J. "Black Jack" Pershing, USA; 12 February 1918
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 03:56 AM   #89
5-90
1988 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by docbud View Post
Why should he or anyone other TI be allowed to abuse folks?

At one point boot camp (in some branches) was worse than what the prisoners at Guatanmo Bay were/are going through.

I do think a TI needs to be tough--but not a license to be a psychopath (I AM NOT calling your dad a psycho).

I knew several TIs (they actually volunteered) and it was mainly because of the power trip thing.

I don't know what was worse then--college hazing or basic training.

doc
It's meant as calculated cruelty - the idea is that BMT is an "acid test" for the recruits, judging whether or not they're suited to military life and stresses.

Is it abuse? College hazing (both times) wasn't anywhere near as bad for me, and my old man was worse than Basic and both college hazings altogether.

But, hearing how Basic has been getting softer for all services worries me. Of course, the "teeth-to-tail" ratio worries me as well - an armed force should be pretty much all teeth and no tail. "everybody workes, everybody fights."

But, I'm just cranky.
Unread 01-18-2012, 10:52 PM   #90
PhantomWJ
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1a1mastergunner
I also heard about this. I recall some of my privates saying something in the mid to late 90's, maybe even as late as 2002 (not really sure of the timeframe) about having a yellow "stress" card. They would have gone through One Station Unit Training for 19Ks at Fort Knox whenever.

I assured them that I did not have a stress card in 1982, nor do we use one in this platoon!
Stress cards didn't exist at Ft. Benning in 03'....
PhantomWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.