Marine Corps Drill Instructors.... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Marine Corps Drill Instructors....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #61
Glory2God
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Ssgt Bolyard
Ssgt Kazmar
Ssgt Bermudez
Ssgt Lopez Maldanado
I still remember their names, they are listed in rank above. I guarantee I will remember their names for the rest of my life. Tough, I have 3 buddies of mine on the drill field right now and they have it harder than any 30 recruits put together. These men have to prepare 18 year old, green horn kids, to kill hardened desert trained brainwashed lunatics that don't care about rules. You better believe they are "that bad". When I came out of boot camp I was brain washed and proud of it, with one thing on my mind KILL! Things have changed since then, but I was ready to die for my brother next to me in combat the second I was dismissed from the parade deck.

Glory2God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #62
TJLover99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

When I was ROTC back in high school I went to a "mini bootcamp" the DI's were Marines. I know that they were definetly toned down a lot but the OP's pics are pretty much the same as what I had there. I am looking forward to OCS after college, but my dad's a Marine so I guess I'm a little used to yelling
Unread 12-08-2010, 12:46 PM   #63
jc45840
2001 TJ Wrangler 

USMC boot camp in 1979 the big news was they could no longer hit you. Sometime since then i heard they no longer can cuss at you. In 1979 a run drop was a drop. I was told that sometime in the early 1970's they stopped kicking run drops as they passed them. Just an example. I will say when i heard they no longer cuss.... it made me think how would that work? Because a very high percentage of verbal communication in 1979 coming from Drill Insturctors was in the catagory of cussing. Maybe 75%?
jc45840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #64
Glory2God
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo196 View Post
Went to boot camp in 86, there was no stress. I spent most of the time pretending I was in a John Wayne movie and it was all make believe. Got stationed back in San Diego in 91 as a MP Sgt. Most of my neighbors were DI's. Pretty nice guys when the hat was off, but they all talked like Kermit the Frog because their vocal cords were so scarred from yelling. Thought about going to the drill field but decided I liked seeing my family more than once a week. It is a thankless job. Best part is I pulled one of my DI's over for speeding while stationed there. I let him go and thanked him for straightening me out.

BTW, on the humps their packs are full of wadded up newspapers to make it look like they're full. They are tough MF's. Can you run 3-4 miles backwards?

HARDCORE

If you were there, you'll know the reply.

The whole newpaper thing might have been true for some, but hahahah wow mine had me pick his pack up at the end of a 3 miler and he had 2 cinder blocks and his gear in that sucker. He was, of course, crazy
Glory2God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2010, 10:54 PM   #65
Brig_Rat
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory2God View Post
Ssgt Bolyard
Ssgt Kazmar
Ssgt Bermudez
Ssgt Lopez Maldanado
I still remember their names, they are listed in rank above. I guarantee I will remember their names for the rest of my life. Tough, I have 3 buddies of mine on the drill field right now and they have it harder than any 30 recruits put together. These men have to prepare 18 year old, green horn kids, to kill hardened desert trained brainwashed lunatics that don't care about rules. You better believe they are "that bad". When I came out of boot camp I was brain washed and proud of it, with one thing on my mind KILL! Things have changed since then, but I was ready to die for my brother next to me in combat the second I was dismissed from the parade deck.
Gny Sgt Mercer
SSgt Kudlow
Sgt Sacket
Sgt Barone

Ha! Yeah, somethings you'll never forget. It's been over 14 years since I went through MCRD and there are elements that seem like yesterday. DI's are your first real Marine leaders, the set the stage for the rest of your career.

I miss the Corps, and I might just go back...
Brig_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 04:28 AM   #66
USMCTJ
2006 TJ Wrangler 

SR DI SSSGT Slappey
DI SSGT Betz
DI SSGT Brown
DI SSGT Rivera

PLT 2008 MCRD PI

23 years ago and 12 years in. Once a Marine, Always a Marine. I remember boot camp like it was yesterday. The Marine Corps DI's are well respected and do their job as trained to do so.

I still remember all the little sayings "Ready to Fight, Ready to Kill, Ready to Die but never will" Yep brainwashed. =-)

Best thing I ever did, miss the Corps and all my Marine Buds I served with.

Semper Fi!
USMCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #67
-Zona-

DS Dalton
DS Hamilton

June 23, 2004- Sept 10, 2004
1st Plt- WOLFPACK!
D co. 2/46 Armored Infantry
The School of Hard Knox

****, it was humid...
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #68
dbx11
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Semper Fi to those that served! Boot camp was awesome and I would do it again if I could! They got in my face but that just makes you a better Marine when you graduate.
dbx11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2010, 01:30 PM   #69
Pacifier
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I will always remember good old Paris Island.... Semper Fi!

[url]WWW.DIEGOSDEALS.COM[/url]
BUY, SALE & TRADE ANYTHING 4x4
Pacifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2010, 04:18 AM   #70
5.9 ANDY
zj tractor

1998 ZJ 

DI's are not men, they are machines, and dont let anyone tell you differently, i still remember all of mine by name and rank, and even several from other platoons in my company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift_grind View Post
It's threads like this that make me wonder why people lift there jeeps
its comments like this that make me wonder why some people are jerks.

build thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...ndard-1056365/
5.9 ANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2010, 08:56 PM   #71
nwiTJdave

"ATT&T!"
"Reach out and touch someone"

"40 inches"
"Back To Chest"
"Ah lean back and strut"
"Just like a pimp"

Senior- Gunnery Sergeant Prentiss
DI-SSgt Wright
DI-SSgt Chaffin

Plt 3130 M Co

I recall making a head call that I did not ask permission to make and I had garbage cans being thrown at me and a kbar touching my dick while being screamed out to get the **** out of his head and to get on the quarter deck.

I miss those days, I could sure use a good smoke IT session to get me back into shape.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #72
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

well actually the army DOES give stress cards currently. my gf's cousin just got back from basic and said they were all given stress cards and if they were yelled at too harshly or got their feelings hurt they could pull out a stress card... yeah great when they're in afghanistan and they're getting shot just show the insurgents a stess card and you can have dinner together THEN fight!!!!

also i do believe the corps is the very best because of their history also the cruicible, i mean if you think about it the corps has 6 extra weeks to whip you that none of the other branches have for "basic" thats why marine recruits go to "boot" not "basic"

also heard some stories from gf's cousin that made me pretty hard. from what he said (without knowing it) it sounds like basic training is like a tough summer camp

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #73
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
DI's are not men, they are machines, and dont let anyone tell you differently, i still remember all of mine by name and rank, and even several from other platoons in my company.
They arent just men...Women too

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #74
-Zona-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-96-XJ View Post
well actually the army DOES give stress cards currently. my gf's cousin just got back from basic and said they were all given stress cards and if they were yelled at too harshly or got their feelings hurt they could pull out a stress card... yeah great when they're in afghanistan and they're getting shot just show the insurgents a stess card and you can have dinner together THEN fight!!!!

also i do believe the corps is the very best because of their history also the cruicible, i mean if you think about it the corps has 6 extra weeks to whip you that none of the other branches have for "basic" thats why marine recruits go to "boot" not "basic"

also heard some stories from gf's cousin that made me pretty hard. from what he said (without knowing it) it sounds like basic training is like a tough summer camp
Someone was pulling your leg, and you fell for it.

http://www.snopes.com/military/stress.asp
-Zona- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM   #75
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

so all the stories are fake? i guess they teach them to lie pretty well at basic but honestly i have heard this from multiple people who have been to basic... why would they lie about something they would be embarassed about? not saying everyone in the army gets stress cards just saying the people i know supposidly did

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.