Marine Corps Drill Instructors.... - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Marine Corps Drill Instructors....

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-07-2010, 09:09 PM   #46
XtrmTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unless you have earned the title "United States Marine" There is no way for me to explain to you the how's and why's. If you walk next to me, put your life in my hands and I put my life in your hands, I will call you my Brother, ... then you will know ! Semper Fi !

GREEN JEEP CLUB Member #516

It's a ROCK, ... get over it !
XtrmTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #47
newjk
2008 JK Wrangler 

well i was the doc and never went through marine basic but did go through FMS and fmf for two years. DI can't touch recruits? i guess because we wren't recruits they wre allowed to yell scream, push ect. this was in mid seventies though. by the way, what are these stress card i keep hearing about?
newjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #48
Pvt_Joker
2000 TJ Wrangler 

The stress cards dont exist.
Pvt_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2010, 11:06 AM   #49
lazebum
2001 WJ 

HAHAH, my old roommate just went to the DI field in San Diego...good times...
01 4.0 WJ - Kolak Brake upgrade, Addaco rear sway bar, 3' OME springs, JKS Adj Track Bar, Bilstine Shocks, MOOG Steering Stablizer and TRE's, IRO SYE front kit with a Double Cardan drive shaft, DANA 44a rear swap, booster seat, 7yrold Son, "Don't Tread On Me" Sticker and plates, oh yeah that is how i roll!!
lazebum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2010, 09:43 AM   #50
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achped View Post
Pubie,

It's Anapolis, and you still meet your fair share of DI's...no Marine is immune from it.
You might want to learn how to spell it before you go then....... Just a thought...

Annapolis

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 06:21 AM   #51
cherokee33s1991
1996 XJ Cherokee 

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - 10 Minutes of Boot Camp

JEEPFORUM RECON MEMBER 43
cherokee33s1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:00 AM   #52
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
You might want to learn how to spell it before you go then....... Just a thought...

Annapolis
I bet he learned to spell it once he got there...3-4 years ago.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2010, 12:11 PM   #53
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lol, true

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 02:05 PM   #54
deerassassin22
2011 JK Wrangler 

Well I'm an Infantry Drill Sergeant and as some of us know training has gotten softer for PVTs. The new generations don't get off the darn couch. Are we mean heck ya in my unit we get all up in your face just like it was when we were PVT's. The only change is standards you just have to know how to follow the rules but on the border line. Training for non-combat MOS has gotten way softer they can't yell smoke and all sort's of other BS rules they joe hug comamnders are so scared of the PVTs they don't get to yell or nothing no more then 10 pushups and poo like that. Infantry side of the house we look neat near the flagpole but thats what bldgs are for people can't see inside them from the outside Stress cards been on the trail 19 months never seen one trainee abuse no issues here but some PVTs are just a bunch of babies never done a darn thing except sit on the couch and have mom/dad do everthing some PVTs are 28 and never work/ or do anything in their whole life except psp and game stations. Alot of these say its sucks so bad and cause the most problems and issues about abuse and being mean. This is what I have noticed since my trail time I'm not saying beat the piss out of them thats straight stupid. And yes running them until they RALPH is funny because you got to run anyway just an added bonus

Parade Rest is a very important position when getting yeld at remeber to stand at this position. When a DS is in your face and you move upper body IE hands away from Small of Back thats my version of a striking motion IE HANDS ON PVTS for safety reasons as well.

Last edited by deerassassin22; 07-25-2010 at 02:18 PM..
deerassassin22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #55
4XGore
2 chicks at the same time

1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin22 View Post
Well I'm an Infantry Drill Sergeant and as some of us know training has gotten softer for PVTs. The new generations don't get off the darn couch. Are we mean heck ya in my unit we get all up in your face just like it was when we were PVT's. The only change is standards you just have to know how to follow the rules but on the border line. Training for non-combat MOS has gotten way softer they can't yell smoke and all sort's of other BS rules they joe hug comamnders are so scared of the PVTs they don't get to yell or nothing no more then 10 pushups and poo like that. Infantry side of the house we look neat near the flagpole but thats what bldgs are for people can't see inside them from the outside Stress cards been on the trail 19 months never seen one trainee abuse no issues here but some PVTs are just a bunch of babies never done a darn thing except sit on the couch and have mom/dad do everthing some PVTs are 28 and never work/ or do anything in their whole life except psp and game stations. Alot of these say its sucks so bad and cause the most problems and issues about abuse and being mean. This is what I have noticed since my trail time I'm not saying beat the piss out of them thats straight stupid. And yes running them until they RALPH is funny because you got to run anyway just an added bonus

Parade Rest is a very important position when getting yeld at remeber to stand at this position. When a DS is in your face and you move upper body IE hands away from Small of Back thats my version of a striking motion IE HANDS ON PVTS for safety reasons as well.
Yep, you're Infantry.
4XGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:48 PM   #56
rentalguy1

No clue about USMC basic. I went through Army basic at Knox in 90. It wasn't a picnic, but it didn't kill me. I was sure as hell glad when it was over, though.
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2010, 11:22 PM   #57
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Went to boot camp in 86, there was no stress. I spent most of the time pretending I was in a John Wayne movie and it was all make believe. Got stationed back in San Diego in 91 as a MP Sgt. Most of my neighbors were DI's. Pretty nice guys when the hat was off, but they all talked like Kermit the Frog because their vocal cords were so scarred from yelling. Thought about going to the drill field but decided I liked seeing my family more than once a week. It is a thankless job. Best part is I pulled one of my DI's over for speeding while stationed there. I let him go and thanked him for straightening me out.

BTW, on the humps their packs are full of wadded up newspapers to make it look like they're full. They are tough MF's. Can you run 3-4 miles backwards?

HARDCORE

If you were there, you'll know the reply.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 12:54 AM   #58
carnuck
1984 J-Series Truck 

My dad went to Korea with the 101st Airborne in 1950, then was transferred to what became the Green Beret in 52. He left after his tour and came back to join the PPCLI as a drill sergeant. He retired in '58 and married my mom and brought us to Canada (I was born in the lineup at Peace Arch heading up in '59)
He's no longer with us and my mom isn't too far off from joining him (cancer throughout her body) She's fighting to stay around to see her first great, great grandchild though!

'81 Eagle wagon with upgrades $2500
'87 Comanche shortbox 4.0/AW4/NP242 on 33" tires $3500
carnuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:08 AM   #59
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

ok i went through boot camp in 2006 all i can say is you go through any branch be ready to get ****ed with. Your going to get owned. I did Marine Boot camp. It was intense. Any branch you do will be no matter what. Run prep do push ups sit ups pull ups wont hurt especially if ur doing USMC which I did. But if Army Air Force Navy or anyone else do lots of push ups and running thye will all kick ur ***. Be ready to have ur world kicked. I was a good recruit and still got my world kicked and u get punched kicked chocked and owned but in general it makes life in general seem easier. But be ready to get broke down and know ur there cuz u want to be and hang in there its not that hard its all a mind game
mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #60
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any brach is intense but its looks like ur doing Marines like me and i can say its intense but know u can do it and millions did before u. Just prep first. Run pull ups sits ups and more running will make life alot easier for u. I could do my stuff from day 1 and it made it alot easier. Help yourself and prep. Best of luck
mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.