If in NAVY and stationed on east coast pm me. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > If in NAVY and stationed on east coast pm me.

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 04-29-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
airframer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tj If in NAVY and stationed on east coast pm me.

Hey as it says contact me, i am stationed in Fort Worth, we are allowed to wear the new blue camys but our base will not sell them until next april. But on the east coast u guys have them in your nexs which is y i want some1 to help me out, please pm.

Unread 04-29-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

try guys on militaryjeepers.com

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:02 PM   #3
Floof
2005 WK 

This bad boy?

Good to see the USN getting some digital camies. No more 1940's blue shirt and trousers, eh?
Floof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
airframer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

yep, and u can relax the top like the marines to so u get to work in a t-shirt
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #5
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

I thought ACUs were ugly...I stand corrected. That's a toss up with the Air Force...
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Floof
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robplumm View Post
I thought ACUs were ugly...I stand corrected. That's a toss up with the Air Force...
ACUs are Army. Each branch has their own designation and camo pattern:

MARPAT(Marine Pattern): USMC
ACU(Army Combat Uniform): Army
NWU(Naval Work Uniform): Navy
ABU(Airman Battle Uniform): Air Force
Unread 04-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

So when a Sailor goes overboard, now he blends in with the sea?

I can only imagine the thought process that went into developing that uniform...

"We need some camouflage that blends in with the environment we will be working in."

"Well, we are the Navy, so the environment we will be working in will be the ocean."

"Okay, the ocean's blue, so we need some blue camo."

Seriously, though, I don't get it. What is the point of blue camo? Why not just keep the old blue shirts/pants or go to some kind of solid blue BDU-type uniform for ship use and have some kind of desert MARPAT design (minus the EGA) for use in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think I heard the Navy is actually adopting some type of woodland/desert camo patterns too. I do not understand the point of blue camo. For that matter, I don't understand the AF putting blue hues into their ABU camo either. At least the Army tried (and failed) to come up with something would blend in with multiple environments. Blue doesn't blend with anything, so what is the point of blue camo?

PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 05:02 PM   #8
Floof
2005 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA 5.9 View Post

I can only imagine the thought process that went into developing that uniform...

"We need some camouflage that blends in with the environment we will be working in."

"Well, we are the Navy, so the environment we will be working in will be the ocean."

Seriously, though, I don't get it. What is the point of blue camo? Why not just keep the old blue shirts/pants or go to some kind of solid blue BDU-type uniform for ship use and have some kind of desert MARPAT design (minus the EGA) for use in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think I heard the Navy is actually adopting some type of woodland/desert camo patterns too. I do not understand the point of blue camo. For that matter, I don't understand the AF putting blue hues into their ABU camo either. At least the Army tried (and failed) to come up with something would blend in with multiple environments. Blue doesn't blend with anything, so what is the point of blue camo?

Quote:

"Aside from many new features in the NWU, the idea is for this one new uniform to take the place of many existing work ensembles (utilities, wash khaki, coveralls, woodland green, aviation green, winter working blue and tropical working uniform). That in itself is a good idea, but the NWU incorporates a number of other welcome changes. One is the concept of camouflage. But why would a sailor on a ship need to hide himself from view. Mainly because ships are often in port, and sometimes there are hostile people in that port area. The color pattern of the NWU (navy blue, deck gray, haze gray and black) is designed to make it more difficult for some hostile local ashore to get a good shot at a sailor on the deck of a navy ship.

Also, many sailors also work ashore, often in combat zones, where the camo pattern still works in built up areas. But more immediately, the camo pattern hides the grease, and other, stains that sailors tend to get on their uniforms. The stains become part of the camouflage pattern
, and are one less thing for your chief (Chief Petty Officer, every sailors works for one) to worry about. The camo pattern also makes the uniform still look presentable, even though it is wrinkled. The uniform is made of wash-and-wear material, and is lighter, and more rugged, than fabric currently used. The normal wear life of the NWU is designed to be up to 18 months, compared to six months for the current working uniforms.
I bolded the important parts for you.
Unread 04-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #9
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I've been saying that from the start...

I wear camo day to day in the Navy. Since I affiliated to the Reserves I've become a "sand squid". I'm part of the Navy's cargo handling battalion. We were wearing green BDU's before. Which I loved. And over here in the desert we wear the tan/brown BDUs. I do NOT like that new working uniform at all. Not to mention there are going to be a bunch of idiots wearing it who have no idea how to wear it properly.

I think the worst part for me is I lost my precious coveralls. As a Machinist Mate, your coveralls were a second skin. These cami's will NOT hold up down in the pit (engine room), and are going to be more expensive to replace.

As far as the Camo blending you into the ship part... I call BS there. Some retarded admiral wanted to have cami's, so he got the ball rolling. Now, we are having to deal with that, and people are asking questions. So instead of just saying "well, Admiral X really liked Cami's, and wanted us to convert. Nevermind the fact that he retired and is gone after making all these changes that we should have ignored in the first place." they feed BS lines like those bolded above to everyone. Meh. /rant

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
RnEmOvr
Have Cummins, Will tow.

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

you forgot the AFs UGLY blue/green boots

Looking to swap my 4" springs for your 2-3" springs. PM for details.
RnEmOvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
PA 5.9
1998 ZJ 

I think the Navy was really just jealous of the ACUs. At Ft. Dix, you see deploying Sailors all the time wearing ACUs. Complete with U.S. Navy tags in ACU pattern and Navy rank on ACU patterned velcro tabs for the front of the jacket. If you're not careful, you almost mistake the eagle from the petty officer ranks for an O-6 Colonel!

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the services are in a competition with each other to come up with the most ridiculous looking uniform. The Army obviously didn't stand a chance against the AF's ABUs or this new blue camo abomination from the Navy, so they came out with this as their latest creation:

The Marine Corps appears to be staying out of the competition for the time being. They are too busy training to come up with ridiculous uniforms.
PA 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:50 PM   #12
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

The Navy will wear MARPATS or ACUs when we are attached to Marine/Army units. That's why you see that. And I have to say, that new Army gayness there takes the cake, even over my new fruity blue digis.

Our "working dress" uniform looks like a combination between the marines/army.

I hate all of it. One thing I always liked about Navy uniforms is that there was so much history behind them. First they took my dungarees and gave us those retarded utilities, and now they are taking my beloved coveralls (I could care less about the johnny cash's/working blues or the ice cream man uniform/working whites)!

At least I've still got my pimpin dress blues. It's hands down my favorite uniform. I do dig the Marine Class A's, but I prefer my Blues over them any day of the week.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.