Help! I want to buy an M38A1 in Italy! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Help! I want to buy an M38A1 in Italy!

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #1
Anith
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Help! I want to buy an M38A1 in Italy!

Hi All,

I came across this good ‘looking’ M38A1 for sale here in Italy. The owner wanted Euro 8,000 (nearly US$ 10,500) at first but has now come down to Euro 7,000 (US$ 9,000). She does not know much about the Jeep as it was her old father who bought and used it. As he now is too old to use it, she wants to sell it. I have not yet seen the vehicle as it is about 400 miles away from where I live in Rome but I am going to go there soon.
I have posted some pictures of the M38A1 on Photo Bucket-
http://s1169.photobucket.com/albums/r503/Anithsuvarna/

I think the white plastic or paper on the floor could either be to cover the oil stains already on the floor or to protect the floor from leaking oil. The blinkers/park lights on the fenders do not resemble those of the Dutch-built
M38A1 (Nekaf). Some of the gauges and switches on the dash seem to be non-original. The engine is gasoline but I do not have its picture. I wonder what that plate on the left top of the bumper is for. Any comments from you guys about the vehicle? What year could it be?

I would very much like to know what one should look for/check out specifically while s/he buys an M38A1. Your help would be much appreciated. Does the price sound ok – if the vehicle is in good condition? In Italy, an M38A1 in good condition usually is expected to fetch Euros 14,000 (US$ 18,000) while an M38A1C about US$ 20,000. Compared to the prices in the U.S., this is very high!

I will wait for your comments and advice before I go to see the vehicle.
Anith

Anith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
nwiTJdave

Hello,
I think you would be better off posting this in general discussion as this section of the forum is for members of the military,not military model jeeps

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
edpmedic
1995 ZJ 

He has put it there also a couple of days ago. I'm sure he feels you guys are closer to them or have been around then, so he can get some opinion what to look for. Maybe someone here works the motor pool or has in the past. I gave him some links to check out in the other forum.
Still I understand what you mean, that's why I don't post much, being retired I ain't got much to offer in this forum. I still read some of the posts cause it makes me proud to read your posts and how you all are doing.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Feel the Sunshine on your face
edpmedic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.