Garage and repairs USAF - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Garage and repairs USAF

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #16
Dreygo
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Be careful about working on your vehicle in base housing. Depending on the rules, you cant have a vehicle "appear" to be in pieces. I had the rear axle out of my jeep for 2 days and my squadron got a call about it. I had to have the jeep "appear" to be in running order before monday. Needless to say, it was a long weekend. So just keep in mind. The rules in base housing.

Unread 02-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #17
Jnkstff1021

I have done alot of work at my house and never had any problems. Just keep it cleaned up on inspection day and try to keep it not real white trashy. Only guys i know that have problems are those with bad neighbors or do stuff in the middle of the night.
Jnkstff1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2012, 08:55 AM   #18
lrsmithwhaley
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreygo View Post
Be careful about working on your vehicle in base housing. Depending on the rules, you cant have a vehicle "appear" to be in pieces. I had the rear axle out of my jeep for 2 days and my squadron got a call about it. I had to have the jeep "appear" to be in running order before monday. Needless to say, it was a long weekend. So just keep in mind. The rules in base housing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnkstff1021 View Post
I have done alot of work at my house and never had any problems. Just keep it cleaned up on inspection day and try to keep it not real white trashy. Only guys i know that have problems are those with bad neighbors or do stuff in the middle of the night.
You can thank one of my former co-workers for some of the rules about working in housing. Supposedly, here, and possibly all other bases will have rules against working on vehicles in base housing with the privatized base housing stuff being implemented. I live off base, so I have no clue on the truth to the rumor. I'm just going on what I have heard from higher ups.
Original Rust Jeep Club Member #2
Green Jeep Club Member #183
Air Force Jeep Club #76
lrsmithwhaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2012, 04:28 AM   #19
Jnkstff1021

I would love to live off base but there is no good places to rent and I dont want to buy yet.
Jnkstff1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #20
CowboyPilot
2002 WJ 

The one here at Vance AFB is really nice. They aren't really supposed to help, but they usually do. Our guys here locally are really in to Jeeps as well so it's nice to have the repository of wisdom even for stuff that I have the tools to tackle in my garage. Plus things are just sooo much nicer sometimes if you have a lift and don't have to work on your back (sts).
CowboyPilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.