Calling all grunts....This is going to piss some people off! - Page 7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Calling all grunts....This is going to piss some people off!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 11-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #91
Chuck_WeZy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Just a few thoughts...

Up front, I spent almost 8 years as an Infantryman deploying mostly to Afghanistan but never to a FOB only COPs and J-COPs. I now serve in a more Special & Fun area and deploy accordingly.

I know plenty of women that far exceed the male standards like others here have stated but I also know that they are the minority and more importantly aren't really best utilized in a conventional Infantry unit... We don't make rules based on exceptions now do we? The Israeli Defense Force (IDF) keeps women out of their Infantry units but still utilizes them in combat and for some Infantry tasks through female snipers and other specialty roles. The IDF did an actual medical assessment in 2001 that found women biologically cannot compete in several fields like amount of weight carried or the amount of hemoglobin carried in the blood... very quantitative analysis, just Google it. No one should be arguing, beyond actual biological limitations, that women can't handle the job of the Infantry but instead that they are not best integrated into a conventional Infantry unit. I'm pretty decent at what I do but I'm also 6' 5" 240lbs with visible scars and what not, its not hard to pick me out of a crowd. Now some of the ladies I've been honored to work with are every bit as deadly as me only they can walk past every sentry in the world not to mention the infiltration abilities of women in the Middle East... I'll give you story; I was on a MEDCAP mission on my most recent tour and the district Haqqani Network commander had been physically abusing one of his wives who came in for medical treatment. We had female assets with us as this lady would not talk to me or any of the team but she gave our females everything on her husband and we ALL paid him a visit later that night.

I don't see why women are so interested in joining a conventional Infantry unit when there are far better options for their unique abilites. There are a lot of guys like me and better out there to fill those kinetic direct action roles but there are not very many women that perform on the higher level everyone is talking about so if you ladies read this then hit up your base's SOCOM recruiter and get with a unit that values you and will use you to your fullest potential.

Just my opinion but reading through here I felt that no one has my perspective so I thought I'd drop my two cents. I hope to see some of you ladies down range cause we need you and nothing accounts for the way in which you multiply our force.

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #92
Maximus856
1968 J-Series Truck 

That I can agree with. I never was SF nor tried to be, however I think if there is a role to be filled by women that would be the area. I didnt want to out that out there, because I have no experience in that field. Like I said, I dont necessarily disagree with women in certain roles such as the FETs and such, but not conventional like stated above.
Maximus856 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:38 AM   #93
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

If all men thought like this, women would still be there exclusively medical.

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 08:01 PM   #94
TJROMPER
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Women do not belong in the Infantry plain and simple. They physically cant do the job. They cannot go 2+months without showers, ruck rediculous amounts of weight and pick up and carry 200+lb man wearing 70+lbs of gear, not to mention that moral is going to go to **** because half the platoon will be trying to bang a female if they had to share a tower or foxhole with one. They think they can thats why they started FET teams but the truth is they get left on the FOB/COP with the rest of the POGs while the Infantrymen go out. They higher ups that are saying they can do it obviously are a bunch of POGs and have never been in a light Infantry unit.
TJROMPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM   #95
nwiTJdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl
We won ww2 like that. Where's the problem?

You set yourself up for it, sorry lol

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #96
Chuck_WeZy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
There were certainly 68W's that were female helping our 18D with the MEDCAP that day but the ladies I was talking about have advanced interrogation skills (among many others) that also spoke Pashto and are definitely not 68W's. They also have tactical training and participate in Infantry tasks just not in a conventional Infantry unit.

I still stand by the pragmatism of keeping women out of conventional Infantry units. Women have a unique set of skills that are not best served in a line unit where their clear advantages in social skills, infiltration, networking, memory, coping with stress, learning, intelligence, ect are better leveraged in equally dangerous and demanding specialized roles. Not to mention how hard it is on the American public in general to see a female harmed no matter what her job.
Unread 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #97
nwiTJdave

forumrunner_20121113_063358.jpg

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:33 AM   #98
chibucket
2004 TJ Wrangler 

... Till your sitting in a hide on the side of a mountain for a week and a half and she starts complaining about "hygiene"... I dont know i have 24 months combat time in sounthern and northern afghanistan as an 11b. I have seen a decent amount of women here and there( FOB's and Airfields , never at the small COPs or stronghold, never at an op for weeks at a time.. I have seen females under fire one time in my time over here and it just so happened while we were re-fitting at a fob. Needless to say i was not impressed. not to say that some "men" arent capable of the same cowardness. But these two females i saw were completly helpless, they were running around like chickens with there heads cut of causing people (infantrymen) to have to babysitt them and try to calm them the F*&% down while they could have been helping the casualtied and/or continuing to return fire. Like i said before i have seen "men" act this way before as well but a very small amount. And those ones we can call a B!$%$ and not get into trouble... All i have to say is the day that i see a woman go through and re-act well to the standard combat situations me and my brothers have been in multiple times then maybe i will agree with them wearing the same uniform as me, but untill that day i belive they should all be wearing pink acu's
33" Wrangler MTR's Flat Fenders, K&N Intake, 4:56's, KC Daylighters
chibucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #99
chibucket
2004 TJ Wrangler 

And besides no one wants to see women die, i mean its one thing to see your brothers go but in my opinion women should be treated like queens and not have to worrie about waking up everynight re-ocurring events. Believe it or not we are made different and a man should be the one protecting his woman, not the other way around
33" Wrangler MTR's Flat Fenders, K&N Intake, 4:56's, KC Daylighters
chibucket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2012, 03:06 PM   #100
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler

1998 XJ Cherokee 

Imma big girl but thanks. Treated like queens, get real, I dont need to be a spoiled a** woman. Im a PROUD HospitalCorpsman and Paramedic. Its MY JOB to treat my wounded comrades.

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)

2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ

USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 07:21 AM   #101
THETROOPER
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Been a few months since I've posted on this thread. After a while in the stan I think it would be incredibly challenging for any woman to be infantry. I still work with plenty of little *****es that can't ruck up mountains and they come in all shapes and sizes. I'm sure that there are a lot of women out there that could physically outperform the weaker guys here ( who are still in better shape than 90% of the army) but I don't think many women could compete with our stronger guys. That said I have no problem with them being given the option to try. I know FET teams have been brought up in here. I've seen a team or two on my FOB but I've never been on mission with them. The one time they went out in my AO they went with my battalion TAC ( a bunch of officers who cant ruck) and few of our scouts. So far as I know they did alright. I think would women could play a very important role over here and are possibly being under utilized. We can get a village to send all of its men to shurah and we can yell at them until we're blue in the face, but we have no interaction at all with the villages women. So women in the infantry maybe. Needed on the front line definately.
THETROOPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #102
skyefalcon6

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus856
Ahh, my EAS couldn't of come at a better time. I respect women in the military, but to put them in the Infantry MOS is just plain stupid. There are just too many factors that come into play here. I think the brass REALLY needs to ask a few questions. 1) How in any way will adding females to combat MOS's enhance the capabilities of the warfighters? 2) Will having females be a force multiplier? 3) Do the positives of adding them to the rank outweigh the negatives?

I get why we have female engagement teams. I agree with them. I also think their training is neccesary. I do not know the training outline for them, but it seems to of worked so far for its intended purpose.

Have at it!

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/mobi...amos-041812%2F

PS. I know the typical comments of "keep them in the kitchen" etc. are all fun and what not, but try to keep this legit. I want to hear from both sides if possible.

Women can be force multiplyers, just one or so at a time and takes 9 months...
Unread 12-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #103
Volf
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyefalcon6 View Post
Women can be force multiplyers, just one or so at a time and takes 9 months...
Its true.

Notice how they all seem to get pregnant around deployment time?
Volf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #104
pentastarguy
Web Wheeler
2012 JK Wrangler 

retired career corpsman here. spent a good amt. of my time in green. when your in the ****, do you really care if it is a woman who is there next you, keeping you alive and getting you to the LZ. i wouldn't. when i am running through the ****, i don't care who is covering my ***, i just want my cover. don't really understand why women want to enter combat roles, but if this is what they choose, go for it. over the years this has been the same old arguement, they have become part of every dangerous occupation i can think of and have not only succeeded, but succeeded well. i would have gladly served with any woman that EARNED the right to enter combat with me.
pentastarguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-19-2013, 01:04 AM   #105
THOR114
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I have not read every post on her, but: PLEASE do not compare every female in the service with Jennifer Lynch. It's a slap in the face for those of us who went to war ands stood "our man" besides our male brothers. I loved my unit very much, and my boys and the few girl we had, were for the most part ok. Would I have trusted every female to go to combat with: no, but some yes. But the same applies for the guys: some were good, a few were Adam Henry's and some were sissys.
THOR114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.