Calling all Coast Guard(need advice) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Calling all Coast Guard(need advice)

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation Packages

Unread 09-08-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Calling all Coast Guard(need advice)

I asked for advice about a year ago with joining the Coast Guard. I thought someone new may see this.

OK, My story is I'm seperating from the Army honarable with 5yrs active duty as an MP Investigator. I'm wondering what Rate I should persue. I'm from Chattanooga Tennessee and would like to be stationed on a river tender in East Tennessee. I'm looking for advice on just about anything you can give me. I already know about pit-stop and getting my rate. I'm looking for specifics on career fields and duty assignments. I do NOT want to return to Hawaii!

Patton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 09:50 PM   #2
Patton
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What! No coasties on here?
Patton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 11:09 PM   #3
JNC995
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Well, if you want to get on a river tender, the best rate to go would be bm or mk. But there is still no guarantee, and you would only be there for 4 years max. So I wouldn't base my rate choice on one duty station. I would pick what you would like to do, and go from there. If you have questions about the rates and types of duty stations hit me up, I get the questions every day from the recruits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Boy View Post
my two cents > your two cents.
JNC995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
Grewe02
Guns > Swords

1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton
I do NOT want to return to Hawaii!
Well there's your problem right there...
I've had a crush on the Prius since it's debut. I got somethin' wrong upstairs.
Grewe02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #5
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think I answered last time but I had a different view on it then. I retired this year after 28 yrs serving. AND I LOVED EVERY 2/3s of them
Really I think it's the best service and before the flames start let me tell you why.
from day one I was doing a job, not training to do it, ACTUALLY doing it. Saving lives, towing stranded citizens, Ice rescues etc. The army and Marines are much more macho and get to play with cool guns ani explosives, Navy goes around the world, Chair Force gets to go supersonic. But they all are waiting for a war to do their job.
If you want to stay on the upper rivers there are about 6 or 7 boats in places like Sewickley PA, Paris TN, Memphis, Keokuk IA, and the Sector office is in St. louis. The largest rating groups there would be BM and MK, one cook per boat, some have Storekeepers. I've been on all of them because for the last 3 yrs I was our equivelent of the Inspector General.
If you want any more info pm me and I'll get you what you need.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.