Bummed Out any thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Bummed Out any thoughts?

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Reply
Unread 03-31-2013, 09:08 PM   #1
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Bummed Out any thoughts?

Well I recently took my ASVAB scored a 70 on it which got me even more motivated for the Marines and this past friday I took the physical at MEPS I did perfect in all my medical stuff duck walk, drug test, audio test etc. But when it came to the vision part of the physical I didnt do so great. I wear glasses for my astigmatism which isnt bad at all and the nurse conducting the test said I did pretty good. But when it came to the final medical interview with the doctor who was a total dick he picked me apart and he got me with my vision. He didnt dq me from joining but instead is sending me to a specialist for my eyes. Ive been wanting to be a Marine since 2nd grade and I would hate for this to be the reason I cant get it in I have 20/20 vision with glasses anyway I was wondering if anybody has had the same situation or could give me any advice or what the possible outcome could be. Thanks

Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
Black Hills TJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Black Hills, SD
Posts: 1,500
In my research while I've been putting together my OTS package for the AF, there is a waiver for everything.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
gmfcma
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 100
waiver
__________________
2014 Unlimited Red Rubicon
2002 TJ Sport
1998 TJ SE (beater)
gmfcma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:08 PM   #4
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfcma View Post
waiver
Yeah i hope they give me one though. I just hate the fact that the doctor was being a total ******bag. I dont want anything in this world more than becoming a Marine and serving my country
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Black Hills TJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Black Hills, SD
Posts: 1,500
From the sounds of it...of all the problems you could have to try to get a waiver for, you found one of the most popular and possibly easier ones to get a waiver for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #6
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hills TJ View Post
From the sounds of it...of all the problems you could have to try to get a waiver for, you found one of the most popular and possibly easier ones to get a waiver for.
You dont say? I just wanna swear in already and get the day i ship out to boot already haha. But thanks for the help Black Hills really appreciate it man. The waiting game until i see the doc is killing me haha
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 12:09 AM   #7
Black Hills TJ
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Black Hills, SD
Posts: 1,500
No prob. I mean...I can't say for sure that its definitely easy to get, but it sure seems to be awefully common from the info I have read. I have to get a GPA waiver for the AF OTS boards...ugh.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allenwr
My mouth still has funky taste in it, so I am doin alright.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
damnit i wish i could get bigger quicker
Check out www.blackhillsjeeps.com!
Black Hills TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
rdujeep
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 111
Yeah a vision waiver is pretty easy, unless you're trying to be a pilot or scout/sniper.
__________________
Let's go wheelin'!!
rdujeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 01:01 PM   #9
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdujeep View Post
Yeah a vision waiver is pretty easy, unless you're trying to be a pilot or scout/sniper.
Thanks like i said my vision is perfect with my glasses and it isnt even that bad without i just cant see small things. As far as my MOS im shooting for an infantry contract and my recruiter has all of it taken care of i just need to get approved and everything. The docs at MEPS just wanna make sure i dont have like gluacoma or however you spell it and keraconus or some **** like that
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
AmbuGrl
Web Wheeler
 
AmbuGrl's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia Beach, Va
Posts: 2,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
Yeah i hope they give me one though. I just hate the fact that the doctor was being a total ******bag. I dont want anything in this world more than becoming a Marine and serving my country
Thats his job, that is what he is paid to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdujeep View Post
Yeah a vision waiver is pretty easy, unless you're trying to be a pilot or scout/sniper.
Not necessarily, it all depends on the eye conditions in question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo55 View Post
Thanks like i said my vision is perfect with my glasses and it isnt even that bad without i just cant see small things. As far as my MOS im shooting for an infantry contract and my recruiter has all of it taken care of i just need to get approved and everything. The docs at MEPS just wanna make sure i dont have like gluacoma or however you spell it and keraconus or some **** like that
If you cant see small things, thats not all that bad. Without having all of your medical info for what they actually found on the eye exam (and not your interpretation) no one can really know what will happen. Be happy he didnt DQ you and go see the specialist.
__________________
- HM1(SW/AW)Ret USN Dec 23,1992 to Dec 31, 2012

I drive an XJ, and all of my power windows work :)



2000 Pontiac WS6 - DD
DD (Mine) Sold - 98 XJ Moss Green
(His) - 92 YJ December 2013 YJOTM

Sold - 95 ZJ
Sold - 97 XJ Red
Sold - 98 XJ


USN Jeep Club Hull #36
NAXJA #3700

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
WTF is Clockspring??? my Jeep has digital clock
AmbuGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #11
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,520
It is MEPs. Everyone there is a dick. Most think they are high and mighty and are on a power trip. Don't mind them. Just go see the specialist and get your waiver.
__________________
www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #12
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbuGrl View Post
Thats his job, that is what he is paid to do.



Not necessarily, it all depends on the eye conditions in question.



If you cant see small things, thats not all that bad. Without having all of your medical info for what they actually found on the eye exam (and not your interpretation) no one can really know what will happen. Be happy he didnt DQ you and go see the specialist.
I understand that and im happy im getting a shot at seeing the specialist im just worried about what the outcome might be. As far as i know and have had for the past 12 years is astigmatism and every year i go to the eye doctor to check it out my eyesight gets better im just hoping everything goes good. My recruiter called me today saying my consultation with the MEPS doc is next week. Its just time for me to pray and eat lots of carrots until then.
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
It is MEPs. Everyone there is a dick. Most think they are high and mighty and are on a power trip. Don't mind them. Just go see the specialist and get your waiver.
Yes sir i know kind of pisses me off that the civilians that work there are the ******bags and the military personal are the ones who give you the most respect. Just gotta go next week and take care of business and hope that God and luck are on my side.
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
nwiTJdave
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,520
Shouldnt need either. Everything will work out in the end and you will be standing on the yellow foot prints before you know it. Just remember, the fastest way off the island or depot is graduation.
__________________
www.militaryjeepers.com

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #15
Geo55
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Baldwin Park
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
Shouldnt need either. Everything will work out in the end and you will be standing on the yellow foot prints before you know it. Just remember, the fastest way off the island or depot is graduation.
Thanks for the support sir i hope your right with everything thank you
Geo55 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.