Army Reserve BCT pay question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Army Reserve BCT pay question

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-14-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
carr51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Army Reserve BCT pay question

So my wife and I are in disagreement and I'm turning to the military jeepers to answer some questions. I am in the reserves. 89b leave for Ft Jackson May 22 AIT at Ft Lee. I am an E3. She is being told that I will not get BHA during basic and AIT. She is also being told I will be making only $900 a month pay. I have been told I will get e3 pay as well as BHA for Ohio cost of living. Can someone who has hard facts solve this dispute.

carr51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #2
nwiTJdave

I believe the way this works is the Army is providing you a place to live while you are at boot and ait therefore you don't rate Bah. As for $900 a month, that seems a bit low for e3 pay. Without the pay chart in front of me I dont know what it should be.

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
carr51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The BHA comes due to my being married. A single soldier going into basic won't get BHA. And the pay scale for e3 is up around 1700 or so. I'm just trying to get a solid answer. I know what I've been told but she isn't buying into it.
carr51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 09:39 PM   #4
nwiTJdave

It doesn't matter. The Army only cares about providing you lodging. Since you will have lodging and three squares that's where that money is going

This is for fighting, this is for fun.
nwiTJdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:42 AM   #5
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When I was recruiting my DEPs got BAH if married, or had a dependents, while in basic and AIT as well as being enrolled in DEERS.
All the benefits start once you start Basic, there is no waiting period.

If you got married after you enlisted but before you ship to Basic make sure you take your Marriage cert to your Recruiter. I would also go back the court house or, wherever they have it, and get two other "originals" from them, one for MEPS and one for Basic. You shouldn't have to have one for each place, you Recruiter should take care of it at MEPS, but in case he doesn't it is best to be prepared.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 05:29 PM   #6
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwiTJdave View Post
I believe the way this works is the Army is providing you a place to live while you are at boot and ait therefore you don't rate Bah. As for $900 a month, that seems a bit low for e3 pay. Without the pay chart in front of me I dont know what it should be.
Whoever is telling his wife that needs a kick in the pants.

He's an involuntary geographically separated bachelor due to needs of the service.

He should get quarters and BAH, calculated at the location of his dependents, as long as his training is more than 140 consecutive days... which it should be:

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/bahCalc.cfm

An E3 with less than 2 years makes $1671:

http://www.navycs.com/2012-military-pay-chart.html

You need to make sure your dependents are enrolled in DEERs and you need to take certified copies of your marriage cert, kids birth certs and title with you to IET.

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2012, 08:29 PM   #7
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

thats how it worked for me /\

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.