Army: PCSing to Buckley AFB... questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General > Military Jeepers > Army: PCSing to Buckley AFB... questions

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 03-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
givemeazj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Army: PCSing to Buckley AFB... questions

any nice wheeling spots near Aurora / Denver?
my jeep is a 2.5L and i'm worried about the CO mountains...
also, anyone have any experience w/ the base?

any input would be greatly appreciated

Unread 03-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Yucca-man
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Welcome to Colorado! We're full, but always make an exception for out-of-staters on orders. ;-)

Pretty much everything 'near' Buckley is going to be west of Buckley - in the mountains. As long as you're geared to match your tires you'll be okay in the rocks, but getting up I-70 at anything resembling highway speeds might be difficult. www.traildamage.com for trail options in the area, or post up in this section as well. As spring starts to warm things up there will be more opportunity to hit the trails; right now many of them are still snowed in.

My experience with the base doesn't count. I was at the Navy/Marine Corps Reserve building in '89 until I saw the light and went active.
Yucca-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #3
tanksoldier
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've never actually been on Buckley. I drive down to Carson whenever I need anything. I've heard it's a mishmash of reserve component units and a few small active detachments.

Their medical clinic is small and only accepts active duty and dependents, and requires that you be enrolled with them prior to making an appointment. No sick call and no emergency room.

Army Jeep Club Bumper # C34
Colorado Jeep Club Member #1970

[QUOTE=Hussler;12728204]
Helen Keller on LSD could drive a submarine in space better than this kid could steer his own thread[/QUOTE]
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
givemeazj
2007 JK Wrangler 

i'm excited to get there.... i hear Denver is a blast.

now i just need to get my new soft top on and get my heater fixed before i get there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.