Air Force Jeep Club - Page 51 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #751 of 762 Old 04-24-2014, 01:22 AM
Boog
2001 TJ Wrangler 

It's gonna be hot, and it's probably gonna suck at times, but over all you'll probably enjoy it.

Currie, MetalCloak, Bilstien, MB, Goodyear
USAF Heavy Equipment Operator
Air Force Jeep Club #147
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/boogs-slow-tj-build-1469852/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 762 Old 04-24-2014, 01:25 AM
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog
It's gonna be hot, and it's probably gonna suck at times, but over all you'll probably enjoy it.
Yea should be fun. Get more money for jeep parts haha
post #753 of 762 Old 04-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Tyger78
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahojku View Post
Was told I was goin to Kuwait and about 12 other places
I'm over in Baghdad, Iraq right now and have been here for about a year and a half now.

Chap stick.... bring chapstick.
Gloves are always nice, stuff gets hot. Mechanics gloves, or the black/tan multi-purpose ones they sell at the BX/PX/NEX are fine.
If you have a favorite seasoning or spice you like on your food, like Lowery's Seasoning... You may want to bring a bottle. The food isn't always up to par.
Comfortable ear-buds. being in close-quarters, I find myself using earbuds for skype, movies, music etc....
Sunglasses, Sunglasses that you can put in a hard case when not in use. If you break them over here, they are not easy to replace. And forget finding quality stuff.

Have fun in your travels, good times.

I've done lost my mind...... mind.... mind.... mind..... mind..... what a silly word.
post #754 of 762 Old 04-25-2014, 09:49 AM
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger78
I'm over in Baghdad, Iraq right now and have been here for about a year and a half now. Chap stick.... bring chapstick. Gloves are always nice, stuff gets hot. Mechanics gloves, or the black/tan multi-purpose ones they sell at the BX/PX/NEX are fine. If you have a favorite seasoning or spice you like on your food, like Lowery's Seasoning... You may want to bring a bottle. The food isn't always up to par. Comfortable ear-buds. being in close-quarters, I find myself using earbuds for skype, movies, music etc.... Sunglasses, Sunglasses that you can put in a hard case when not in use. If you break them over here, they are not easy to replace. And forget finding quality stuff. Have fun in your travels, good times.
Thanks I'll start packing stuff
post #755 of 762 Old 04-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Eddinger
1993 ZJ 

Passed my one year mark a couple months ago. Travis AFB KC-10 crew chief and loving every minute. Originally east coast so I was presently surprised to find the jeep I bought here totally free of rust haha.
post #756 of 762 Old 04-26-2014, 08:23 PM
MrSundays
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddinger
Passed my one year mark a couple months ago. Travis AFB KC-10 crew chief and loving every minute. Originally east coast so I was presently surprised to find the jeep I bought here totally free of rust haha.
You dang refuelers. We got stuck in Japan because the plane you sent us was busted -_-.

Sent from my pocket brick

SOLD- '13 JKR with lots of goodies
Current- '98 TJ Sahara: build coming in October
post #757 of 762 Old 04-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Eddinger
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSundays
You dang refuelers. We got stuck in Japan because the plane you sent us was busted -_-. Sent from my pocket brick
Yeah 'busted'... I've seen more than once that the pilots find the plane 'broken' in places like Japan haha. Not saying it wasn't actually the plane but also not saying I'd be surprised if it wasn't
post #758 of 762 Old 04-27-2014, 12:39 AM
idahojku
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah 'busted'... I've seen more than once that the pilots find the plane 'broken' in places like Japan haha. Not saying it wasn't actually the plane but also not saying I'd be surprised if it wasn't
Had a AC130 "broke" from cannon AFB and stayed at Mountain Home AFB for about a month haha. Who would wanna stay here haha
post #759 of 762 Old 04-27-2014, 06:56 AM
MrSundays
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
All about that TDY money. No it was really broken though. It was still there when we launched our Raptors and got on the C5 a day later.

Sent from my pocket brick

SOLD- '13 JKR with lots of goodies
Current- '98 TJ Sahara: build coming in October
post #760 of 762 Old 04-27-2014, 10:33 AM
Eddinger
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSundays
All about that TDY money. No it was really broken though. It was still there when we launched our Raptors and got on the C5 a day later. Sent from my pocket brick
Gotcha gotcha fair enough haha
post #761 of 762 Old 04-28-2014, 09:52 PM
Mcorrea

Anyone on here at cannon.. Just got in a lil bit ago, and there's lots of jeeps on the base. I myself have a 12 wk2
post #762 of 762 Old 04-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Delfire
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone in Guam? I will be the in June!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.