Wrangler hood latch on a KK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Wrangler hood latch on a KK?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
Murrari
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Wrangler hood latch on a KK?

Has anyone ever done this? Would like to see pics--thinking about doing this.

Thanks

-Brandon

Unread 08-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #2
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrari View Post
Has anyone ever done this? Would like to see pics--thinking about doing this.

Thanks

-Brandon
Haven't heard of anyone doing it. Might be cool. This reminds me I need to do something about the shuddering hood at highway speeds that makes me worry a bit.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
MtBJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gageraid
This reminds me I need to do something about the shuddering hood at highway speeds that makes me worry a bit.
Have you checked the front hood "bumpers"... Not sure what they're called. They screw up and down under the front corners of the hood to adjust level and give resistance for the latch. If they're set right and the hinges are good you shouldn't shudder at speed.
MtBJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Murrari
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm giving it a go. I will keep you posted.
Unread 08-26-2013, 09:26 PM   #5
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBJet View Post
Have you checked the front hood "bumpers"... Not sure what they're called. They screw up and down under the front corners of the hood to adjust level and give resistance for the latch. If they're set right and the hinges are good you shouldn't shudder at speed.

I have not. I'll look into it tomorrow. The worst is at 70 and greater. I still would say it does it at speeds less than 60.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.