Won't shift out of park - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Won't shift out of park

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 10-08-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
otlip

Won't shift out of park

Hello fellow KKers.

Here is a good one, took the jeep out to Montauk's Turttle Cove and did some fishing. Entering and exiting had to drive through a small puddle. No problems until I stopped and hit a few golf balls at Montauk Downs Golf Course. Clubs went into the car, key in the ignition and started the car. The front wipers came on so I try and turn them off and guess what.... the switch was off. Then tried to put the car in gear and it wouldn't shift out of park.

Long story short call the tow truck and was told 1.5 hour wait. Decided to disconnect the battery and then reconnect. It started normally, no wipers, and I could shift it out of park.

Drove it to Southampton to a dealer and was told that since I disconnected the battery the computer was wiped clean of any codes.

Seems to be running well now. Does anyone have any ideas or has this happened to anyone else. I'd love to hear!

If this happens to anyone, try disconnecting the battery, turning the ignition key on and then connecting the battery cable again (positive).

Rich

ps no fish, and hit the golf ball very poorly!

otlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Here is something you can ask your dealer,why didnt they tell you that there is a TSB for this problem?Dealers amaze me how they act stupid.Here is your TSB,and ask them to do it:

Make : JEEPModel : LIBERTYYear : 2008Manufacturer : CHRYSLER GROUP LLC Service Bulletin Number : 07049Date of Bulletin : NOV 20, 2007NHTSA Item Number : 10023638 Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARESummary :
UNABLE TO SHIFT OUT OF PARK OR FRONT WIPERS AND HEADLAMPS DEFAULT TO (ON).
richd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
SuperRliBerty
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
Here is something you can ask your dealer,why didnt they tell you that there is a TSB for this problem?Dealers amaze me how they act stupid.Here is your TSB,and ask them to do it:

Make : JEEPModel : LIBERTYYear : 2008Manufacturer : CHRYSLER GROUP LLC Service Bulletin Number : 07049Date of Bulletin : NOV 20, 2007NHTSA Item Number : 10023638 Component : ELECTRICAL SYSTEM: SOFTWARESummary :
UNABLE TO SHIFT OUT OF PARK OR FRONT WIPERS AND HEADLAMPS DEFAULT TO (ON).
My ESP came on and could not be turned off, and went into limp mode where I could not drive over 45mph. Limped home, parked disconnected the battery, took me less than 10 seconds to do with the wing nut mod. (pictures below).
10271018.jpg   10271019.jpg  
Resonator removed (sounds like a V8 on start up)
SuperRliBerty is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.