is wiring diagrams a dead thread on forum? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > is wiring diagrams a dead thread on forum?

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-21-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
MattZ100

is wiring diagrams a dead thread on forum?

folks asked a few times for door lock wiring diagram for 2009 liberty KK.
is it that no one on this forum has it or am I posting wrong? Thanks!!
If no one here has it please point me in another direction?

MattZ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2014, 02:42 AM   #2
josworth
2010 KK Liberty 

I'll pipe in... There really isn't anyone on here that has a service manual other than the user "JeepCares" who's participation is basic and sporadic.

I happen to have a service manual, but it is a PIA to run since it was designed for IE8 only and emulation is clunky in IE11.

That said, my manual is a 2008 so the information contained is "subject to change" even though nothing really changed from 2008 t0 2012.

Lastly, asking for a door lock wiring diagram is not that simple since modern vehicles run things like CAN networks to interconnect multiple modules. Gone are the good 'ol days where there was a module for the body and a module for the power train.

There are 31 menu choices alone under the heading "door locks".

If you could get more specific and are OK with a 2008 diagram, I will try and upload one for you. It is a pain as said before so I ask that you are patient.

The other choice would be to get a hold of the 2008 service manual so you would then have access to all of them.
josworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2014, 05:40 AM   #3
MattZ100

You are awesome!!
Specifically, passenger side rear door lock does nothing when actuated manually or by key fob. Has to be issue inside that door or if 2009 liberty has an individual fuse or relay for each door I can check that first. Was hoping to see if there is a wiring harness plug at door hinge to see if im getting voltage to door. Wanted to see what wire color going to door is for door lock/unlock. Windows works fine. Any other suggestions greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks again!!!!!!!
MattZ100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
JeepCares

This might not be helpful; it's actually a parts diagram, but it shows the wiring.
File Type: pdf 2009 KK door electrical.pdf (184.3 KB, 11 views)
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

here is a hint

by the OEM CD-ROM manual - wiring diagrams are in color. Its about $130

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.