Wireless Control Module Location - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Wireless Control Module Location

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-06-2010, 12:01 PM   #1
dwrodgers52
2008 KK Liberty 

Wireless Control Module Location

Does anyone know where the WCM Receiver is located on the Liberty?

dwrodgers52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwrodgers52 View Post
Does anyone know where the WCM Receiver is located on the Liberty?
Its located in the steering column where the ignition key lock cylinder is located.If you do change the module,you will have to get the module programed for your KK.What makes you think you have a bad WCM?
richd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
dwrodgers52
2008 KK Liberty 

Getting error on Tom's and door locks don't wok with key remote.not covered under extended warranty so dealer wants $300.The wireless receiver for is on the wcm.
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
dwrodgers52
2008 KK Liberty 

TPMS not toms.Anndroid likes to correct my spelling!
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:24 PM   #5
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

You will still need the dealer to program,it will not start w/out programming.
Unread 09-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #6
dwrodgers52
2008 KK Liberty 

Ok thank you
Unread 09-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Ok thank you
Glad to help.Let us know how everything worked out.Good Luck
Unread 04-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #8
texastech97
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Getting error on Tom's and door locks don't wok with key remote.not covered under extended warranty so dealer wants $300.The wireless receiver for is on the wcm.
My wife's jeep liberty just started doing the same thing. Both wireless transmitters started not working and tpms light on now. So, the wcm is the wireless receiver? Sounds like it's best to just have the dealership replace it. TIA
texastech97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #9
richd
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texastech97 View Post
My wife's jeep liberty just started doing the same thing. Both wireless transmitters started not working and tpms light on now. So, the wcm is the wireless receiver? Sounds like it's best to just have the dealership replace it. TIA
I had 2 WCM go on my 08 KK,The first one gave me a no crank,remote didnt work.The second time my TPMS and security light were on.Bring both set of Keys to be programmed.
Unread 04-26-2012, 10:50 AM   #10
texastech97
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richd View Post
I had 2 WCM go on my 08 KK,The first one gave me a no crank,remote didnt work.The second time my TPMS and security light were on.Bring both set of Keys to be programmed.
I just pulled out the WCM on our KJ I couldn't believe how easy it was. It took all of 3 easy steps. Oh BTW, the remotes started working again but now the TPMS is on. I checked all 5 tires this morning, and they were all fine.

1) Take out the two 20T screws holding the 2 pieces of the steering column cover to take the cover off.

2) You can now see the black WCM with the ring around the ignition cyclinder. The plastic WCM sits in on a metal bracket. I took a very small flat head screw driver and pryed it out.

3) Then you disconnect the one harness.

The p/n on my WCM is 56053020AE. I called two dealerships, and it has been replaced by 56053020AG. The part is $168 online and $174 from my local dealerships. I plan to drive up to the one today which has it in stock and replace the WCM in their parking lot. The service guy I talked to said he has near dealt with programming one, and I would have to pay for either 1 hr or 30 mins of labor. So, basically $100 or $50 to have it programmed.

One thing that has bugged me was there were 5 different wireless control modules out there. I didn't know which one to get until I took it out. I guess my wife's 2005 KJ Limited does not have the Immobilizer. I was afraid if the WCM was to fail completely that her car would not start.

56053015AG

CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. . [GXX,GX1], [GXX,GX1] Sentry Key Reciever.
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. [GXX,GX1] Sentry Key Reciever. . "Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System"+"Keyless Entry with 2 Transmitters"-"Tire Pressure Moni...Show More

$119.00

56053020AG
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. . [GXX,GXM], [GXX,GXW,LAB], [GXX,GXW,LAB] Sentry Key Reciever.
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. [GXX,GXW,LAB] Sentry Key Reciever. . "Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System"+"Keyless Entry - Remote"%"Tire Pressure Monitoring ...Show More

$168.00

56053014AF

CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. . [GXX,GXW] Sentry Key Reciever, GXX+GXW+XGM.
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. [GXX,GXW] Sentry Key Reciever. . "Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System"+"Keyless Entry w/Immobilizer"-"Tire Pressure Monitoring...Show More

$81.95

56053011AF

CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. . [LAB], [LAB] Sentry Key Reciever.
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. [LAB] Sentry Key Reciever. . "Tire Pressure Monitoring Warning LP"-"Keyless Entry - Remote"-"Sentry Key Theft Deterrent Syst...Show More

$76.00

56053012AG

CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. . [XGM,GXX,GXM], [XGM,GXX,GXM] Sentry Key Reciever.
CONTROL MODULE. Receiver. [XGM,GXX,GXM] Sentry Key Reciever. . "Tire Pressure Monitoring Display"+"Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System"+"Keyless Entry -...Show More

$107.00
texastech97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.