Will 15 X 8 steelies Fit? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Will 15 X 8 steelies Fit?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
MikeFinn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Will 15 X 8 steelies Fit?

I have a great set of 31' BFG AT's (about 1/2 tread) on a set of 15X8 (4.25 backspacing) on my deceased cherokee. Wondering if these will fit on my stock 08 Liberty sport?

MikeFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

check both vehicles and see if they have same bolt pattern and backspacing
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
MikeFinn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

the bolt patterns are the same i am unsure what the backspacing is on the stock rims. But does anyone know if a 15" rim will fit?
Unread 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Nick_Knipp
1986 MJ Comanche 

the diameter of the rim shouldnt matter unless youre making a mallcrawler. the width, backspacing, and bolt patterns matter most. if bolt patterns match then thats the first step checked, idk the 08 liberty backspacing specs.
'12 MK Sport 2.4L AT rescue green
Nick_Knipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
Elt31987

2008 KK Liberty 

You might and that's a strong might get a 15" to fit but the caliper will be way too close for comfort.16" is pretty much as small as it gets
Daystar 2" Spacer Lift With SkyJacker Hydro Shocks
JBA Gen 5.5 Upper Control Arms
Rokmen Riddler 8.25 Differential Cover
2 KC Slimlite 100 Watt Driving Lights on JK Light Bar
245/75/16 All Terrains
Mopar Front Tow Hooks
Mopar Rear Tow Hook
Mopar Skids
Elt31987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
fullsayl
2008 KK Liberty 

The stock backspacing is 4.75" and the offset is +40mm on the stock 16" rims iirc. My guess would be that Elt31987 is right in the fact that you may run into caliper clearance issues with 15" rims.
fullsayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #7
MikeFinn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Just looking to see if anyone has tried or heard of using them. Just had a blizzard so i haven't been able to measure. They're still on my cherokee and my KK stocks are going bald. If its possible, i would be nice to not spend $ on tires right now.

Caliper clearance may be an issue

Are there any sensors to worry about? I think there is a tire pressure sensor?
Unread 12-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #8
fullsayl
2008 KK Liberty 

Mike -

AFAIK, all KK models come stock with TPMS sensors in place, so you will need to either arrange a workaround (LOST JEEPS • View topic - "Trick" The TPMS - if there is a prohibition against cross posting to other forums I apologize) or replace your TPMS on the new Steelies. I just walked out and have a feeling that this is probably a moot discussion. After unbolting the wheel and taking a look, I think that it is unlikely that a 15" rim is going to provide enough clearance around the caliper. You MIGHT be able to modify the caliper housing to make it work via a die grinder, but that can result in catastrophic failure if you take off to much or attack the wrong area on the housing. The only real way to check is probably take the KK, throw it in the air and see if the thing will fit. Not fun in the weather I know.

HTH

Matty
fullsayl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 08:58 AM   #9
MikeFinn
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Thank you all for your info. Sounds like i'm not gonna bother wasting my time. Thought it might be worth looking into if they would match up. In no way am i looking to modify the calipers or do anything unsafe. Thanks again and happy New Year to all!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.