Wierd squeek on drivers side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Wierd squeek on drivers side

August special - FREE XJ Unibody stiffeners when you buy a~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!

Unread 10-28-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
xkhanx
2008 KK Liberty 

Wierd squeek on drivers side

2008 Liberty.
I have developed a very weird squeaking noise on the drivers side of my liberty. It stops when I apply my brakes and begins again as soon as I let off them. I have pulled both wheels and removed the pads, put red brake pad grease on the contact portions and re-fitted them and it still makes the noise. It only does it when going over bumps, not on the flat even pavement.

Could this be a shock issue or some other thing I am missing?

xkhanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
maddogusmc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Check your driver's seat. Mine does the same thing and it is the seat. just to lazy to fix it.
maddogusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 07:15 AM   #3
xkhanx
2008 KK Liberty 

Well, I know it is not my seat as it is outside the vehicle and I cannot hear it when the window is rolled up.

Gonna spray a few things with some WD-40 and see if that removes it. If it does I'll go from there for a fix.
xkhanx is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.