Widening the Stance - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Widening the Stance

Jeep LED Light Lights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Ledlight bar light locks @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Psilvet063
2010 KK Liberty 

Widening the Stance

Just wanted to throw this out there to anyone looking to widen their stance. I just added 1.5 hub centric bold on spacers to my KK. The spidertrex spacers are the ones to go with so don't skimp on these things. I have an aftermarket 16x8, 30mm offset, 5.7 backspaced wheel so with the spacer I am sitting at about 4.25" bs. Im running 245/70/16 tires and like I said have the 1.5" spacers. I have 0 rubbing issues at all, the stance is much better and I didn't have to change the suspension at all. Yes I could have probably purchased a wheel that was built to that bs but finding the offset that is correct for the KK with that type of bs is pretty tough and I didnt want to take a chance.

There is no way in the heck that you can fit a 245/75/16 without rubbing unless you do some modifications. I say there is no rubbing on my setup now but it is maxed out. I am happy with the stance which is what I was aiming for and it buys me some time to get the lift I am looking for.

Lastly the bolt on spacers are a nice product but take your time installing them, be sure to clean everything properly, torque them to manufacturers settings and use a quality locktite and after 250-500 miles take the wheels off and check the torque. I did and everything was still snug and good. As long as you follow the manufacturers instructions there shouldnt be any issues. Anyway hope this helps.

20121229_162547.jpg  

Last edited by Psilvet063; 12-31-2012 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Add image
Psilvet063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2013, 06:08 AM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Looking Good!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.