Why so many functions delay? '12 KK Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Why so many functions delay? '12 KK Limited

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
jeepster1947
2012 KK Liberty 

Why so many functions delay? '12 KK Limited

It seems many functions have built-in delays. For example, delayed start when turning the key; if a/c is selected when engine is started fan delays sometimes 10 seconds and ducts don't switch to upper level vents for maybe 20 additional seconds. Upon exiting vehicle and hitting the lock button there is sometimes a 5 second delay before the doors actually lock. I even read another thread where rear wipers would not turn off without a delay. Are others experiencing this or is my KK just smarter than me?

jeepster1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

mine start and locks fine ... but I have noticed those built in delays. Obviously the electronic checks of the vehicle are in play though. How they are processed when compared to other vehicles I have no clue. But it is what it is. The throttle is sloggy too, but its completely dependent on electronic processing and as mentioned , the liberty is a bit on the slow side on processing power. Makes one wonder if we can upgrade the computer and pull additional responsiveness out of the vehicle.
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
Gageraid
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiliges View Post
mine start and locks fine ... but I have noticed those built in delays. Obviously the electronic checks of the vehicle are in play though. How they are processed when compared to other vehicles I have no clue. But it is what it is. The throttle is sloggy too, but its completely dependent on electronic processing and as mentioned , the liberty is a bit on the slow side on processing power. Makes one wonder if we can upgrade the computer and pull additional responsiveness out of the vehicle.
Some sort of "power wire".... I like the way you're thinking.
Gageraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

add.. horn delay
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosburitica View Post
add.. horn delay
Definitely one of the biggest delay annoyance.... and no that wasn't sarcasm.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #6
huntb
2008 KK Liberty 

The delays are there for a reason. It has nothing to do with the processing power of the ECU... Although I have no idea what you are talking about when you say it takes 5 seconds to lock or unlock and I've never had the vents take more than 5-8 seconds to open either. Although I think the vents are vacuum actuated so it takes a few seconds to build up enough suction to actually open or close them and that could depend on other things that also use the vac system such as the EGR system
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Drednot
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Mine has all those delays...horn, locks, vents.
Hate it.
Could it be that the vents are servo driven and have to wait their turn for power allocation .

The horn is the one that doesn't make any sense
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.