Why purchase a Jeep Liberty? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Why purchase a Jeep Liberty?

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 02-28-2011, 12:13 PM   #1
royhkeith
2010 KK Liberty 

Why purchase a Jeep Liberty?

From time to time various complaints concerning the Jeep Liberty are posted: fuel economy, Quality, Etc.

Before I purchased my 2010 Liberty Renegade I had made a list of what I needed in a vehicle:

1) It was to be a USA designed, mfg parts, and assembled vehicle.

2) It was to be the only automobile my wife and I were to own. (we are both retired)

3) Reliable. We were trading in a 1997 Grand Cherokee 2WD and we had been happy with it's ride and reliability.

4) It was to pull a boat a few hundered miles a year, @ 50mi to/from the rivers.

5) It was to be driven about 9,000mi/yr, mostly suburban.

6) It's main use was to be towed about 25,000mi/yr behind our motorhome, then be driveable on Nat Forrest logging roads while siteseeing. It thus had to be a 4WD.

7) We both wanted a firm ride, firm seats, raised seating for visibility/leg comfort.

8) Reasonable MPG.

The dealer we visited had the 2010 Liberty Renegade that we purchased. It is full Trail Rated and has all options but Slide Roof. So far it fullfills every requirement we had for it. We average 20mpg in our every day driving. It handles our 22ft poontoon boat on the hwy and on our sandy acreage to where we store it. Our 2WD had a problem with the sandy soil. We have towed it behind the Motorhome over 15,000mi and used it on very steep, rough logging roads.
We defined our requirements and bought the vehicle we felt would best fullfill those requirements. I'm sure there are other vehicles which might do a few of these things better, but not meet all of the requirements.

Unread 02-28-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

i also had a list of things it needed to do.
1 moderate offroad capability
2. crash test results at least 4 starts
3. curtain airbags
4. able to tow my other car on the full trailer, not on the dolly
5. creature comforts and quality
so i decided to give jeep a try, hoping the quality would improve. it didnt.
in every other item on the list im completely satisfied. but monthly trips to the dealer are getting to me...
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
09_Silver
2011 KK Liberty 

There were a lot of issues with the 08's. Hopefully you can get them all taken care of eventually and you will like your jeep more. I've had a couple little issues with my 09, but nothing major. If it wasn't for the skyslider roof I would hardly ever take it to the dealership. knock on wood I think the roof is finally fixed for good!
Unread 03-02-2011, 06:55 PM   #4
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

i do love them jeeps and i would hate to part with one so early in its life. i hope the malfunction streak is over and now me and my wife (she is the main driver) can enjoy it for years to come.
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.