Why purchase a Jeep Liberty?
From time to time various complaints concerning the Jeep Liberty are posted: fuel economy, Quality, Etc.
Before I purchased my 2010 Liberty Renegade I had made a list of what I needed in a vehicle:
1) It was to be a USA designed, mfg parts, and assembled vehicle.
2) It was to be the only automobile my wife and I were to own. (we are both retired)
3) Reliable. We were trading in a 1997 Grand Cherokee 2WD and we had been happy with it's ride and reliability.
4) It was to pull a boat a few hundered miles a year, @ 50mi to/from the rivers.
5) It was to be driven about 9,000mi/yr, mostly suburban.
6) It's main use was to be towed about 25,000mi/yr behind our motorhome, then be driveable on Nat Forrest logging roads while siteseeing. It thus had to be a 4WD.
7) We both wanted a firm ride, firm seats, raised seating for visibility/leg comfort.
8) Reasonable MPG.
The dealer we visited had the 2010 Liberty Renegade that we purchased. It is full Trail Rated and has all options but Slide Roof. So far it fullfills every requirement we had for it. We average 20mpg in our every day driving. It handles our 22ft poontoon boat on the hwy and on our sandy acreage to where we store it. Our 2WD had a problem with the sandy soil. We have towed it behind the Motorhome over 15,000mi and used it on very steep, rough logging roads.
We defined our requirements and bought the vehicle we felt would best fullfill those requirements. I'm sure there are other vehicles which might do a few of these things better, but not meet all of the requirements.
2010 Liberty Renegade