Where to splice electrical? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Where to splice electrical?

Rugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped OGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadOconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!

Unread 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #16
chex96
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfhoward View Post
I added a fuse panel and a switched power outlet using a relay and chronicled it here: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...p?f=45&t=72386
You can use as much or as little of my setup as you want, but there are a few tips in there about wiring this kind of thing. The fuse you can move to make your stock power outlet on all the time or only with the key is also described in this thread.
thank you very much for the link! i have one more question, how do i alter the fuse so that its not a hot source but a switched source? this would be on the stock oem 12v accessory

chex96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:00 PM   #17
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

The 20 Amp M7 fuse in the KK's main fuse box is for the Jeep's OEM power outlet. It has 2 positions, one that allows the power outlet to be hot all the time, and the other to send power only when the key is in the ACC or ON position.
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
kiwi_outdoors
1997 XJ Cherokee 

M7 fuse

Quote:
The 20 Amp M7 fuse in the KK's main fuse box is for the Jeep's OEM power outlet. It has 2 positions, one that allows the power outlet to be hot all the time, and the other to send power only when the key is in the ACC or ON position.
Good to know - and what is the default setting?
Unread 04-02-2014, 06:52 PM   #19
chex96
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
How do u change the positions? Do you just rotate the m7 180 degrees?
Unread 04-02-2014, 07:29 PM   #20
lfhoward
2008 KK Liberty 

There are three holes but the fuse has only two pins. Just move the fuse sideways to change the functionality. I don't know what the default was, but I currently have mine on ACC power, because sometimes I leave my electronics plugged into the power outlet and I don't want them to drain the battery while the Jeep is off.

Here is a photo I found on another JeepForum post:
Unread 04-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #21
chex96
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
There are three holes but the fuse has only two pins. Just move the fuse sideways to change the functionality. I don't know what the default was, but I currently have mine on ACC power, because sometimes I leave my electronics plugged into the power outlet and I don't want them to drain the battery while the Jeep is off.

Here is a photo I found on another JeepForum post:
thank you very much! issue solved, i am now running a low output voltmeter gauge off of my 12v accessory socket with a switched circuit
Unread 04-02-2014, 10:35 PM   #22
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyvac View Post
I would never splice into ANYTHING. Years of working on boats, cars, and computers has taught me this.

The tiny, bare-minimum, wiring the OEM companies such as CDJ use on their vehicles is ONLY rated for the output of that one device it's going to. Putting two 12v acc inputs in one OEM line is asking for trouble even though 'it may work' for some.

I would add a new fuse box to your jeep for all additional accessories. ESPECIALLY if you want to run a 12v ACC input that will be running a converter with plugs on it to run generators and TV's, etc.

Such as this:

You did a nice job with that!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.