Where to find 4.10 gears - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Where to find 4.10 gears

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 07-17-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
Sorry, I forgot to decode the quote. Add $350 per axle for labor. 8 hrs each. The limited slips are Detroit trutracs.
You know its funny. I don't have a problem shipping them to Montana and picking them up because from the quote I got for a local ship to get them here ill be saving 600 bucks and that includes gas and the 5% duty if I decide to be honest.

BUT the installs are double here than what you paid in Ohio. They quoted me 1500 to install and 2200 at the dealership

shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

I couldn't get the dealership to even quote 4.10's because they aren't on the list of available gear sets listed.
Unread 07-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #18
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Ya either could I. The price they quoted was just to install the parts
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
heiliges
2012 KK Liberty 

ok after reading this I am a bit confused. I thought the BLD that comes with the KK was also a limited slip diff. Am I wrong?
heiliges is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 11:46 AM   #20
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Mine is open and I believe they all were. I called my dealership to see if they could find me a part number for oem limited slip diff's from 08-10 sport or limited and he couldn't find anything.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:01 PM   #21
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

They are open. No limited slip ever offered for the KK. The "brake lock diff" is nothing mote than the ABS sensing one wheel turning faster than the other on the same axle and applying the brake allowing the power to go to the other wheel. Fancy traction control. Now, picture a Detroit trutrac in the diff. On the rare occasion when one wheel may turn without, the brake will automatically be applied allowing the other wheel to turn. It seems like the perfect compliment for our KK's. My traction control hasn't kicked in yet but I haven't been able to really check it out yet. I have heard great things about the performance of that set up.
Unread 07-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #22
TheMill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnicles
Even though I live in Calgary I can still buy in the states. I just got back from montana where I picked up a bunch of stuff for my car and my hypertech programmer and saved a bundle on my car insurance! Eerrrrr I mean duty.

So that's not a big deal. Any sites that you know about would be great, I would rather order it online than at a shop. And get someone to install it.

What are the extra bushings and stuff one of my friends were talking about ? It had a name and said you migjt as well replace it while the whole thing was open.
Hey how is that hypertech programmer working out?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
TheMill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.