Where to buy air filter replacement for 2008 KK? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Where to buy air filter replacement for 2008 KK?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 12-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Where to buy air filter replacement for 2008 KK?

Need to change my air filter for the first time since I bought the car (it's been 2 years so I figure it's probably time), but don't want to get taken for a million bucks at the dealer and would rather install myself anyway. Anyone know which filter replacement I need (and should I get OEM or is there a better one) and know if it can be ordered from Amazon?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, should I replace the cabin air filter? Anyone know where I can buy that part and also where the access is to replace it? Is the cabin air filter located in the engine bay?

Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #2
ChrisPearce8841
2008 KK Liberty 

Pepboys, Advance Auto, Autozone, etc. will have a K&N replacement. It's a direct drop in and it's a world better than the stock air filter. 33-2363 is the K&N part number for our filter.
ChrisPearce8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

DO NOT USE A K&N AIR FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you like a premature engine failure and will gain zero performace gain and zero mpg gain.Stick with a good paper air filter like Fram,Purolator,AC Delco air filter as they are cheap and work far better then a K&N.
Unread 01-01-2011, 06:02 PM   #4
ChrisPearce8841
2008 KK Liberty 

how do you figure? Please back it up with some evidence.
ChrisPearce8841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPearce8841 View Post
how do you figure? Please back it up with some evidence.
works................

Plus K&N's are designed for increase flow,no doubting that but at the expense of there ability to filter properly for a daily driven vehicle,anyways in newer FI engines you will never see a sustained increase of either performance or mpg's since the PCM will "learn" around it anyways without the PCM being reprogramed for the incresed air flow.Then you also need to free up the exhuast also.They are designed for race apps where engine longevity is not a concern.

Oh and not to mention most auto companies have stated in there warranty manuals that any oiled air filter will void any type of warranty on the engine.
Unread 01-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #6
LibertyHopeful
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
DO NOT USE A K&N AIR FILTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless you like a premature engine failure and will gain zero performace gain and zero mpg gain.Stick with a good paper air filter like Fram,Purolator,AC Delco air filter as they are cheap and work far better then a K&N.
Okay, thanks! So pretty much any one that fits except the K&N?

What about the cabin filter? Should I replace that one, too, and where is the access to change that one -- engine bay? where?
Pirelli Scorpion ATR 235/65R17 WeatherTech Floor Liners Mopar Cargo Tray
LibertyHopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2011, 08:34 PM   #7
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyHopeful View Post
Okay, thanks! So pretty much any one that fits except the K&N?

What about the cabin filter? Should I replace that one, too, and where is the access to change that one -- engine bay? where?
If you have a cabin filter it is behind the glovebox,was not standard on '08's but a option and a kit can be bought to add one on the KK's.Just remember most cabin air filters are not cheap as many have charcoal in them,seen some run well over $100.I belive the cabin filters should be changed every 30k normally and alot sooner if in dusty areas.
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:00 AM   #8
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
works................

Plus K&N's are designed for increase flow,no doubting that but at the expense of there ability to filter properly for a daily driven vehicle,anyways in newer FI engines you will never see a sustained increase of either performance or mpg's since the PCM will "learn" around it anyways without the PCM being reprogramed for the incresed air flow.Then you also need to free up the exhuast also.They are designed for race apps where engine longevity is not a concern.

Oh and not to mention most auto companies have stated in there warranty manuals that any oiled air filter will void any type of warranty on the engine.

Agree 100%.

For air filters I have used the OEM one from the dealer, Purolator from Advance Auto, and the NAPA filter. I didn't notice any real quality difference between them and they all worked good. Those are the only ones I have used/tried.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #9
VMF
2008 KK Liberty 

how about a drop in KN filter? i installed one due to the reason that i can clean one and it will last me forever. if its properly oiled, how can i cause a premature engine failure?
i bought cabin filter from the dealer for $36 it consists of 2 parts, make sure u change both!
2004 UCF31. Black
2001 EM2. Inca pearl
2012 UD Limited. Royal Gray
VMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMF View Post
how about a drop in KN filter? i installed one due to the reason that i can clean one and it will last me forever. if its properly oiled, how can i cause a premature engine failure?
i bought cabin filter from the dealer for $36 it consists of 2 parts, make sure u change both!
K&N's do not filter properly for a daily driven vehicle,properly oiled or not they still allow lots of dirt to pass through which ends up in the engine wearing it faster.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.