Wheeling pics - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Wheeling pics

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-07-2014, 07:50 AM   #1
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Wheeling pics

Hey guys,

So I didnt want to take up the "KK Owners Pictures" thread with a bunch of wheeling pics so I decided to start a new one just for these type of pictures.

(Mods: Feel free to delete this thread, move it or combine it with another thread if theres already one like this)

Feel free to post pictures of you KK hitting the trails, doesnt have to be extreme

Heres mine:
(Youll see a bunch of pictures of my hubby in the drivers seat, after we took my libby on the first hill and she conquered it with no problem he got excited so I let him drive some and I wanted pics, kinda hard to drive and take pics at the same time lol)

She did very well on this trip, out performed the Grand Cherokee that you see in some of the pics (he had to turn around and find an alternative route for some of the trail)

JeepGirl96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #2
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Very nice!!

Are those the stock Goodyear ST tires? If so, i'm impressed you did as well as you did.. The Liberty is capabale but the tires arent.

Also, that 1'' lip on the front end of the Liberty can come off. I took mine off just to get a little bit of extra clearance. Also so it won't rip off while wheeling.
LKWJEEPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKWJEEPER View Post
Very nice!!

Are those the stock Goodyear ST tires? If so, i'm impressed you did as well as you did.. The Liberty is capabale but the tires arent.

Also, that 1'' lip on the front end of the Liberty can come off. I took mine off just to get a little bit of extra clearance. Also so it won't rip off while wheeling.
Yeah its the stock tires...just bought some new tires for it so hopefully she'll do better.

I dont think I ever noticed the lip scraping, I do have a 2" lift on it so that may be why
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:23 AM   #4
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

What kind of lift do you have?

If you ever decide to take it off.. I believe it is only three white knobs that you twist and then pull the air dam towards you and not down. It should slide right out.
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #5
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Can you elaborate on the times when the WK2 had to detour? Any idea what 4x4 system it was running?

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Items for sale. See my thread for pictures. PM for details.

K&N 77 series cold air intake

Cobra 75 CB radio
Jackal01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #6
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
What kind of lift do you have?

If you ever decide to take it off.. I believe it is only three white knobs that you twist and then pull the air dam towards you and not down. It should slide right out.
Not sure what kind, it came on it when I bought it...the old owners put it on

definately should be something I research tho
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #7
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal01 View Post
Can you elaborate on the times when the WK2 had to detour? Any idea what 4x4 system it was running?
Not sure on what 4x4 system it had...I know that it had a selection (snow, sand, etc)

The first 4 pics of my Libby is where the Grand had the most trouble and had to back down and go another way, it was a semi firm hill, had some loose sand spots with dips and mounds that you would have to give a little gas to bump over...took my libby 2 tries to make it, the grand just kept on digging in and got thrown into the wall a couple of times
Unread 01-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #8
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepGirl96 View Post
Not sure on what 4x4 system it had...I know that it had a selection (snow, sand, etc)

The first 4 pics of my Libby is where the Grand had the most trouble and had to back down and go another way, it was a semi firm hill, had some loose sand spots with dips and mounds that you would have to give a little gas to bump over...took my libby 2 tries to make it, the grand just kept on digging in and got thrown into the wall a couple of times
QT2 has the knob which is what I have. If it had Quadralift then the 4x4 system would be QD (which is usually just on the Limiteds and up I believe, perhaps Overland and up).

QT1 doesnt have a knob. Just constant 4x4. I wonder if it was the Jeep overall that had issues or if it was the driver or maybe just bad tires. I know I have had some issues with mine not going up certain hills like that. I would rather have solid axels and lockers but...not with the WK2.

'12 Laredo V6 ORA1|Terra Grappler 265-70-17|MB TKO 17x8.5|Silverstar Ultra low beams|Mopar Front and Rear WK2 slush mats|RRO 2.5" lift
BWoody extended sway bar links|K&N 77 Series Intake|Gibson Exhaust | Viair OBA | RRO Combo Winch mount| Q9000S winch| KC ProSport HID Hilites

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-07-2014, 10:02 AM   #9
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
QT2 has the knob which is what I have. If it had Quadralift then the 4x4 system would be QD (which is usually just on the Limiteds and up I believe, perhaps Overland and up).

QT1 doesnt have a knob. Just constant 4x4. I wonder if it was the Jeep overall that had issues or if it was the driver or maybe just bad tires. I know I have had some issues with mine not going up certain hills like that. I would rather have solid axels and lockers but...not with the WK2.
Must be the QT2 then.

Couldve been the tires and/or driver but he's taken that thing out wheeling a couple times (I dont think the trails he does is as hard as the loop we did)...my libby made it on the stock ST tires which is surprising, not sure how much better the Grands tires were compared to mine lol
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
Jackal01

2012 WK 

Gotcha. These computer 4x4 systems can be a joke but if the driver knows how to use/exploit it then they can potentially be of good use. So far mine has done alright. Nothing to rave about or go try and compete with some lifted JKs/Wrangerls but it does pretty well.

Cobra 75 CB radio
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #11
rebelbowtie
Frameless and Shameless

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The Liberty still has SRA which helps keep the rear axles planted where the WK2 is going to lift a tire and rely in the electronic limited slip. I love seeing under dog Jeeps off road though so I hope this thread collects some good pics.
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #12
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Went wheeling a few months ago and didn't get any pics.. Just my attempt to get up a slick mud hill.. After this attempt i went and got better tires.. Unfortunately can't attempt it again since the property is private.
untitled.jpg

Unread 01-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #13
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
The Liberty still has SRA which helps keep the rear axles planted where the WK2 is going to lift a tire and rely in the electronic limited slip. I love seeing under dog Jeeps off road though so I hope this thread collects some good pics.
We got some looks out there, everyone in their lifted trucks while we roll up in pretty much new, stock, jeeps lol

If i own a 4x4 I'm going to use it, especially if its a jeep....can't be putting that name to shame
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #14
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Gotcha. These computer 4x4 systems can be a joke but if the driver knows how to use/exploit it then they can potentially be of good use. So far mine has done alright. Nothing to rave about or go try and compete with some lifted JKs/Wrangerls but it does pretty well.
Yeah, I won't be wheeling the the big boys anytime soon but the liberty surprised me, I'm so used to driving a big lifted and locked XJ and being able to climb anything i want and to switch to my Libby and see how well she does....makes me proud
Unread 01-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #15
JeepGirl96
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Went wheeling a few months ago and didn't get any pics.. Just my attempt to get up a slick mud hill.. After this attempt i went and got better tires.. Unfortunately can't attempt it again since the property is private.
Well you gotta find some more places to wheel!!

Mud is the one thing I stay away from lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.