Wheel Spacers or Crager Soft 8s?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > Wheel Spacers or Crager Soft 8s??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
ddozbaba

Wheel Spacers or Crager Soft 8s??

New to this and I just purchased a 2008 liberty and found in the snow the stance feels really narrow and unstable.
I'm wondering if I should get wheel spacers or Cragar soft 8 wheels?
What's the difference between the two and how they affect the jeep?
Which would be better for stability?

ddozbaba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Already answered elsewhere
but
are you lifted or not
must know to give a full complete answer since unlifted Soft 8s will rub since they will be out further

Like mentioned over there BETTER TIREs first
stock tires are junk in snow/ wet roads/ dry roads / mud/ grass.......................
Unread 10-31-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

What tires do you have currently? I think your best bet is to spend money on good tires than wasting it on spacers. IMO I would never put spacers on a vehicle.
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-31-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I asked on LOST but will here as well, what are you coming from? Have you ever owned a Jeep or similar vehicle before?
I would guess that the little higher COG is throwing you off more than needing a wider stance you just need more seat time
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
ddozbaba

Sorry for the delayed reply. I use to drive an Audi A3 which has the same wheel base as the KK, so that definitely threw me off at first.
I am currently driving Falken Rocky Mountain ATS tires 225/75/r16 on a non lifted kk, so after reading what you guys have been saying I definitely agree that I should probably get some new tires rather than spacers or cragars.

So in that case could I get away with 265/70/r16 or even 275/70/r16? I have read forums where people with non lifted kks have put on 275/70/r16 without any rubbing so I am curious about these tires because they seem to be wider and provide a more stable feel.
Unread 11-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #6
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

245/70-16, yes, but I don't think the 265/70-16(isn't that pretty much the same size as a 245/75-16? If so you're gonna need some lift), 275/70-16 I doubt. I think that's closer to a 32" tire, and that'll need about 4" of lift, maybe a little more.

Honestly, I think it's the higher center of gravity. It's a Jeep, not a sports car, so your driving style needs to be adjusted as such. It's a lot harder to roll an A3 compared to our Jeeps.
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Your best bet is going with a 245-70-16
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
brunolambert
2008 KK Liberty 

where are you located? I don't understand people tht say their truck is more stable with larger tire IN SNOW. I guess we're not having the same kind of snow. Just get some real winter/snow tire, stock size.
brunolambert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
ddozbaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunolambert
where are you located? I don't understand people tht say their truck is more stable with larger tire IN SNOW. I guess we're not having the same kind of snow. Just get some real winter/snow tire, stock size.
I live in Colorado but I don't have a truck and was not talking about a truck at all, I agree with you though that doesn't make any sense haha
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
Sagerist

1989 YJ Wrangler 

That coefficient of friction thing is a tricky concept to grasp!
Colorado Jeep Club Member #286
89 YJ 2.5L
OME 36R's, Bilstein 5100's, Bserk 5/8" shackles, 33x10.5 BFG's on 15x8

09 KK Sport 4X4
235/75/16 GY Slnt Armor
CB 2' Firestik
Fire/EMS Radio
Sagerist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.