What is this and where did it come from? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What is this and where did it come from?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-01-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

What is this and where did it come from?

Ok so I went out and did some serious wheeling today. Other than crappy ground clearance the tires and jeep held up great. Only problem is when I get back on the road suddenly the jeep is in limp mode. Tranny wont shift at all and check engine light comes on. I limp the 30 miles home at 40 mph. Fun. I get to local car wash and start to clean out the under carriage to look for damage. All I can find is this piece here. It looks like a servo of sorts and its magnetic. I bottomed out pretty good a lot. And got high sided a few times and had to be pulled out. I do have the skids but looks like they didn't help. Please help.

forumrunner_20120101_184549.jpg  
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #2
Skipper6413
2011 KK Liberty 

Personally, the first thing I'd do is have the code read by an OBD II Scanner. Offhand, is your vehicle charging?
Skipper6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Could it be the Idiot Switch that activates when you bottom out too often and don't lighten up on the throttle....LOL!!!
Just kidding, could you not find any loose wiring hanging down from somewhere like the transmission, transfer case, or brake/hub plate area, maybe a wheel sensor. It looks like some kind of a sensor, but then you would think that there would have to be a wire harness somewhere to make contact.
Limp it over to an auto parts store and get the codes pulled and take it from there.
Unread 01-02-2012, 08:28 AM   #4
Jeepin11
2011 KK Liberty 

Figured it out. It was the transmission output speed sensor. $50 at the dealer.
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

Good deal, glad it wasn't an expensive wheeling trip after all.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.