What Liberty to get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What Liberty to get?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #1
wwessels

What Liberty to get?

Ok guys and gals, I am graduating college in 3 weeks and i am about to move to North Dakota for a job. The Nissan Maxima I have now has been great but its time for some 4 wheel drive. I do like the new libertys, but i would like to put a small lift and a bit more aggressive tire on it. Does anyone have experience with lifting these? Have you had any major problems with your lift and tire set up? I like the 2011 sport anniversary edition, however I am up for any suggestions about another model or year. I would like to buy something that has under 30k miles on it. All of your opinions and suggestions are appreciated.

wwessels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
wwessels

I have been doing alot of research and some people are saying that the kk is not very capable off road. Any experience with yours off road? Would a 3.5 inch lift and some more aggressive tread help this out much?
Unread 04-27-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
BloodyShadow23
2008 KK Liberty 

I have heard reports that the anniversary edition is not the best edition. Lots of glitches with pretty much everything. If price is no option then go with the straight up limited.
Unread 04-28-2011, 08:43 AM   #4
sloan74
2013 JK Wrangler 

A 3.5 inch suspension lift will not be cheap....esp on a new KK, the aftermarket is not there yet.....I would go 2 inch spacer lift (max) and run 31" mud terrains or all terrain tires.

Before I did that though, I would 4 wheel it stock new and determine what you need for the terrain your looking to wheel/crawl on - then build/mod from there...that's the best advice your gonna get. You might find out you need drivetrain protection (plates/amor etc) first versus a lift for example.

If your getting one to wheel, all you need from the dealer is the 4x4 package and maybe the tow package (heavy duty engine cooler and power steering cooler). You don't need all the interior high tech bells and whistles, etc. Least I didn't. I am old school though I guess.
sloan74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #5
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This might give you a bit more info on some costs for lift parts.

Jeepin by Al

Grand Forks you say. Sounds familiar.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
wwessels

Thanks for the info. Yes, I am moving there with my fiancÚ at the end of may to work at a large grain elevator outside of town in Honeyford. I have always wanted a jeep and I am now able to get one I want ( the old maxima has quite a few miles and I want 4wd). Are there many places to wheel around there ?
Unread 04-28-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Not a lot right here really (it's pretty darn flat ). If I'm in the mind to really play, end up going to Virginia / Gilbert in MN to the off road park there. Way over 500 acres of stuff to get into. Trails there for just about any skill level. But be prepared for brush scratches, a new or newer rig might not be the ticket for that.

But you will enjoy having 4wd around here in the winter. Some of the storms get pretty interesting. Selec-trac trans case is pretty darn handy for part of the year for sure.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2011, 12:04 PM   #8
wwessels

Thank you for the info. I know I will spend alot of time on dirt roads visiting farmers.
Unread 04-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #9
alex725
2009 XK Commander 

I would go with the renegade.
alex725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #10
Dave_B
2008 KK Liberty 

It sounds like you will be using this Jeep as a daily driver (a lot) . I would definitely pay the extra bucks to get the Select-Trac, 4 wheel drive will be a must in N.D.. Part time just will not cut it up there.

Dave
Unread 05-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #11
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

Renegade FTW.

Then again I am biased.

'10 Renegade
2" (Actually 2.5" front, 2" rear) Daystar Spacer Lift
Monroe SensaTrac Load Leveling Shocks for the rear. Part 58649, for a 1997-2003 Durango/Dakota
LT245/75R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs
Stock Skid Plates all around, came with Renegade from the factory!
Selec-Trac II 4WD

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.