What do you think of these from Rocky-road - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What do you think of these from Rocky-road

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-05-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
glsec507

What do you think of these from Rocky-road

http://rocky-road.com/kjlouver.html

I like the look mostly but wouldnt allowing liquid into the engine compartment cause issues?

glsec507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #2
jonrjen
2011 KK Liberty 

I wouldn't waste the money. If you notice it says that the kit will fit a lot of other vehicles also. It comes close to being a universal louver along the lines of what you would use on a house soffet, only shaped a little different.
I also wan't aware that heat build up under the hood of the Liberty was so poor that optional venting was required.
Now on the Wranglers it is another story, they do build up excess heat, plus they have no insulation on that nice dome shaped hood design that holds and gathers heat so well. However, after many test, just installing hood vents are not the answer unless they are in the proper and correct place on the hood.
Unread 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrjen View Post
I wouldn't waste the money. If you notice it says that the kit will fit a lot of other vehicles also. It comes close to being a universal louver along the lines of what you would use on a house soffet, only shaped a little different.
I also wan't aware that heat build up under the hood of the Liberty was so poor that optional venting was required.
Now on the Wranglers it is another story, they do build up excess heat, plus they have no insulation on that nice dome shaped hood design that holds and gathers heat so well. However, after many test, just installing hood vents are not the answer unless they are in the proper and correct place on the hood.
They work,lowered my average coolant temp by 5 degrees and my engine bay temps by 30 degrees(stopped) and 70 degrees(moving).Look good to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsec507 View Post
http://rocky-road.com/kjlouver.html

I like the look mostly but wouldnt allowing liquid into the engine compartment cause issues?
No issues with water,have had them installed for 3 years now and yes my Jeep is outside and not garage kept.

Best to not support a crappy company by giving them your $$$.Buy from the actual company...........

http://www.hoodlouvers.com/

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.