What did you do to your KK today? - Page 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #1291
JoeyC99
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredjweb View Post
You should! It's easier than I thought it would be. The fronts were kinda tricky with the electrical disconnects being tougher to get apart but all in all total cake.

And driving down the road at highway speed is a bit of a rush. There is a whole lotta wind turbulence and I'm not sure if it was just my imagination but I though things felt a little bit squirrelly because of that.
Looks awesome with the doors off! Never seen a KK with no doors. How long did it take you to take em off/put them back on? and is there any trick to doing it?

JoeyC99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #1292
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC99 View Post
Looks awesome with the doors off! Never seen a KK with no doors. How long did it take you to take em off/put them back on? and is there any trick to doing it?
It took me about 45 mins to take'em off. It probably would've gone faster if I wasn't doing it by myself and was kinda figuring things out as I went but that's still not bad I guess.

You'll need a 13mm wrench/socket (whatever your preference) I went with my ratcheting wrench because that's what I found right away. Needle nose pliers, a tiny flat screw driver and a big enough wrench or screw driver to move the hinges in once the door is off.

Take off all the nuts holding the doors on LEAVING the top nut loose but with some thread. That will give you a little wiggle room if you're doing this by yourself. Pull the boots carefully with the pliers. I tried with my fingers but those boots are on there!

Use the tiny screw driver to release the electrical connecters from the body of the Jeep. The back door should come off easy enough but the fronts I had to just muscle off.

The back door disconnects pretty easy with the door still hanging on by the top nut but you wont have enough room to do the same with the fronts. If you don't have help its ok. There is a surprising amount of slack with the front wiring.

Place a block of wood or something on the ground were the far side of the door can rest while you work the disconnects off.

Stuff the plugs into the body and find a super safe place for your doors!

I literally just put the door back on in 35 mins. Just connect everything and put the rubber boots in place BEFORE you bolt the doors on. You wont have much room to work with when things are bolted together and you'll just get pissed off. The rear door connectors don't have much slack at all so I used my pliers as a wedge to keep'em from sucking back into the frame.

If you have any other questions just hit me up. I'll try to help the best I can.
Fredjweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #1293
Bmxer524
2011 KK Liberty 

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...?f=104&t=60257
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB...hp?f=1&t=59612

Those might interest others taking their doors off. The 2nd link is a how-to. It may be for the KJ, but it's generally the same. The 1st link has another small write up for the KK.

I wouldn't really worry about twisting the unibody. A couple of friends with XJs take their doors off and wheel and they don't have problems. We should be fine then since the KJ/KK unibody is a lot stronger than the XJ's.
Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #1294
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Had my axles rebuilt at 4WD Hardware Columbiana, OH. 4.10's and Detroit Tru Tracs from and rear. Can't wait to go wheeling to see how it performs. Hopefully my vibration is gone from the front end.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Ted15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #1295
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

That's supposed to read FRONT and rear, not from and rear. I couldn't find a way to edit the post.
2010 Liberty KK Sport, deep water blue, weathertech in channel vent visors, weathertech digital floor mats, Detoures backbone winch mount w/smittybilt XRC 10 comp winch, rigid industries dually led lights on smittybilt fairhead mount, Rocklizard skink supersliders and Gecko safari rack, cobra cb w/48" firestick antenna, general grabber at2 245/75-16, OME heavy duty springs, OME shocks, about 3" - 3 1/2" of lift, Detoures Knucklebone spare tire and Jerry can mount, mopar skids, class 3 hitch w/7 pin wire harness, headlight covers, 4.10's and Detroit TruTracs F&R
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:56 PM   #1296
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15 View Post
That's supposed to read FRONT and rear, not from and rear. I couldn't find a way to edit the post.
Ted, what did that you run you about parts and labor?
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:36 PM   #1297
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Installed the Hitch today - darn thing is pretty heavy.
jeep-hitch1.jpg  
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #1298
Stang977
2012 KK Liberty 

Plasit Dip'd Last Insignia:

First Stickers: The Thunderbird insignia is the 45th Infantry, honoring my Dad.

Stang977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:53 AM   #1299
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

Ted, what did that you run you about parts and labor?
About 2500. Plus they calibrated my speedometer.
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:56 AM   #1300
Ted15

2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted15
Had my axles rebuilt at 4WD Hardware Columbiana, OH. 4.10's and Detroit Tru Tracs from and rear. Can't wait to go wheeling to see how it performs. Hopefully my vibration is gone from the front end.
HIGHLY recommended. The thing drives 100% better. Traction is through the roof and the brake lock diff should compliment the DTT's perfectly if it ever engages.
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #1301
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

Another weekend at the beach followed by a good cleaning inside and out.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #1302
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

Kinda boring, but I replaced the factory stereo with an Alpine I had with Bluetooth and iPhone controls. I drive a lot for work and the Bluetooth is a necessity.
BenHoleton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #1303
bstephens_kk
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton
Kinda boring, but I replaced the factory stereo with an Alpine I had with Bluetooth and iPhone controls. I drive a lot for work and the Bluetooth is a necessity.
Can you take a photo and maybe a few comments on the steps to replace it? I wouldn't mind doing the same, but I'm not that technical, and I definitely want the Bluetooth and hand controls...thanks

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bstephens_kk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #1304
BenHoleton
2008 KK Liberty 

I would love to. But I found an insanely good deal from an installer. Got parts and install less than Crutchfield would have charged me for just parts. So I didn't actually do it
BenHoleton is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1305
bstephens_kk
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton
I would love to. But I found an insanely good deal from an installer. Got parts and install less than Crutchfield would have charged me for just parts. So I didn't actually do it
Ah..sound exactly like the route I would take.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bstephens_kk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.