What did you do to your KK today? - Page 86 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1276 of 4588 Old 06-04-2013, 01:50 PM
BenHoleton
Senior Member
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pekin
Posts: 771
Thanks!

BenHoleton is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1277 of 4588 Old 06-04-2013, 02:14 PM
Halloween
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 119
Adding a pair of rear tail light guards - black
Halloween is offline  
post #1278 of 4588 Old 06-04-2013, 04:39 PM
shawnicles
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenHoleton View Post
I do happen to have Canadian friends. I'll see what I can do
Im in canada and I tried, I cant find where you get them here.
shawnicles is offline  
post #1279 of 4588 Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 PM
bstephens_kk
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 41
Just bought Steelcraft taillight covers off ebay. Also bought Cherokee side door panels. Wondering if taking off the existing Liberty panels will be a pain or not.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
bstephens_kk is offline  
post #1280 of 4588 Old 06-05-2013, 07:09 AM
Stang977
Member
 
Stang977's Avatar
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: White Plains
Posts: 313
Quote:
Also bought Cherokee side door panels. Wondering if taking off the existing Liberty panels will be a pain or not.
Not really a pain but takes a little time. The factory adheasive is strong!

I used a hair drier to soften the adheasive behind the trim. Then I used an old credit card to pry it away from the door enough to grab with my fingers. Continuing with the hair drier and SLOW steady pressure, it came right off.
There will probably be some adheasive that remains on the door. Adheasive remover cures this, then I used some brake cleaner on a rag before installing the new trim.

Fight the urge to rip and tear. Slow and steady wins this race.
Stang977 is offline  
post #1281 of 4588 Old 06-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Mr_Rogers23
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Baltimore
Posts: 15
image-3253559435.jpg

Put these on today had to support
Mr_Rogers23 is offline  
post #1282 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 06:55 AM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Rogers23

Put these on today had to support
Bottom one is priceless.

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
post #1283 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 AM
Fredjweb
Registered User
2007 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 27
My first post! Anywho, gonna hit some light trails today. Happy to be a part of the community!
Attached Thumbnails
doorless!.png  
Fredjweb is offline  
post #1284 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 08:15 AM
TIJKK1220
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Magnolia
Posts: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredjweb View Post
My first post! Anywho, gonna hit some light trails today. Happy to be a part of the community!
Looks like fun! No mud I hope or you'll be cleaning for a month!

Also I heard somewhere that wheeling with the doors off in kj/kks affected the frames integrity and could cause you some alignment issues. Is this true or is it something you would have to worry about?

Just and open question i thought i would bring to the table, not intended to bash your choice because if i can wheel without my doors you'll see mine sitting at home on my next outing!
TIJKK1220 is offline  
post #1285 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 AM
Stang977
Member
 
Stang977's Avatar
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: White Plains
Posts: 313
Quote:
My first post! Anywho, gonna hit some light trails today. Happy to be a part of the community!
Woah!!! Ok, Thats pretty freakin' cool!

So jealous!! Off roading here is speedbumps in parking lots. LOL
Stang977 is offline  
post #1286 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Fredjweb
Registered User
2007 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIJKK1220 View Post
Looks like fun! No mud I hope or you'll be cleaning for a month!

Also I heard somewhere that wheeling with the doors off in kj/kks affected the frames integrity and could cause you some alignment issues. Is this true or is it something you would have to worry about?

Just and open question i thought i would bring to the table, not intended to bash your choice because if i can wheel without my doors you'll see mine sitting at home on my next outing!

Oh boy! I had a blast but if anyone decides to do this get a really good air compressor because the Libby was completely full of dust. It took me the better part of an hour to blow it all out!

As for the integrity of the frame the way I understand it from the dealership here is the because of the skyslider option (even if you don't have it) the frame is plenty strong to keep it's shape with or without the doors. He went on to say that anything short of an impact (collision) we should me more than ok.

Either way I had more fun than you can shake a stick at!! I'm also getting ready to upload a video of the more intense moments of this trip
Fredjweb is offline  
post #1287 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 03:08 PM
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square
Posts: 1,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredjweb

Oh boy! I had a blast but if anyone decides to do this get a really good air compressor because the Libby was completely full of dust. It took me the better part of an hour to blow it all out!

As for the integrity of the frame the way I understand it from the dealership here is the because of the skyslider option (even if you don't have it) the frame is plenty strong to keep it's shape with or without the doors. He went on to say that anything short of an impact (collision) we should me more than ok.

Either way I had more fun than you can shake a stick at!! I'm also getting ready to upload a video of the more intense moments of this trip
Cant wait to see video.

2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline  
post #1288 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Fredjweb
Registered User
2007 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
Cant wait to see video.
Ok, just a warning here. This is my daily driver so if you are expecting some serious thrashing you will be seriously disappointed!

BUT, you'll never see Veadawoo this green and it was an amazing drive. We are very fortunate to have this great place only 35 mins from town and best off all it's FREE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0GSE...ature=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig1qt...ature=youtu.be

Hope I copied the links correctly
Fredjweb is offline  
post #1289 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 03:54 PM
grsmnky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 39
That's awesome! Now I wanna take the doors off my Arctic.
grsmnky is offline  
post #1290 of 4588 Old 06-06-2013, 05:17 PM
Fredjweb
Registered User
2007 MK Compass 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Cheyenne
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by grsmnky View Post
That's awesome! Now I wanna take the doors off my Arctic.
You should! It's easier than I thought it would be. The fronts were kinda tricky with the electrical disconnects being tougher to get apart but all in all total cake.

And driving down the road at highway speed is a bit of a rush. There is a whole lotta wind turbulence and I'm not sure if it was just my imagination but I though things felt a little bit squirrelly because of that.
Fredjweb is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Received my Rusty's 2.5" lift today but??? help onegoodpunk KK Liberty Forum 4 09-29-2014 02:49 PM
Lifetime Membership and Gift Certificate Contest Ends Today - Get Involved! Keith KK Liberty Forum 0 04-05-2010 11:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome