What did you do to your KK today? - Page 66 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:40 PM   #976
MyJKU14
14JKUOrange

2014 JK Wrangler 

Where I was in DC it was the opposite, PD had blue and EMS/Fire had red, volly's (aka tool boxes) used green

MyJKU14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #977
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

Most up north use red and white. Many are starting to integrate a blue light into the pattern because studies have shown that it triggers something in drunks brains and helps prevent them from slamming into a police car during traffic stops. However traditionally blue does not represent a police vehicle.

Up here a blue light is signature for a volunteer fireman. Not police vehicle. Like you explained. Several states (mostly down south) have a no exterior blue light law because their police use predominantly blue lights. So volunteer fireman from the north who have fixed blue lenses must cover them if traveling through these states.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Interesting. In the 7 law enforcement academies I've graduated from in which I studied with law enforcement officers from all over the US and a few from England, I have never met any cop in a red uniform or a red car or with exclusively red lights... The international symbol for law enforcement is a blue line....

But hey maybe I didn't meet enough Yankee cops. The rest of the United States and most of the world uses blue.

In any case, both red and blue exterior lights are illegal here with the only exception being red marker and signal lamps. And no colored light may be displayed on any license plate here with the exception of some antique vehicles.
Unread 02-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #978
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85

Interesting. In the 7 law enforcement academies I've graduated from in which I studied with law enforcement officers from all over the us and a few from England, I have never met any cop in a red uniform or a red car or with exclusively red lights... The international symbol for law enforcement is a blue line....

But hey maybe I didn't meet enough Yankee cops. The rest of the United States and most of the world uses blue.

In any case, both red and blue exterior lights are illegal here with the only exception being red marker and signal lamps. And no colored light may be displayed on any license plate here with the exception of some antique vehicles.
Ok, we'll first off...I was simply asking you a question. My response to you was not being stated in a sarcastic manner in any way. As I sated in a previous post, any additional colored lighting with the exception of the stock colors on the car is illegal in most if not all states.

I wasn't questioning your knowledge, and as I stated many police departments do use blue lights as their primary light. I was not doubting that in any way. As I also said, up here, us YANKEES use red and white. Last I checked, unless I'm color blind, the lights on the top of my cruiser are red and white. However, within the last three years, one of our five lense covers was changed to blue. Not because of any specific emergency vehicle standards but simply because of scientific testing that drunks react better to a blue light added to our existing red and white.

Here in the Yankee states, volunteer fireman are the ones authorized to use blue lights and are issued special permits giving them the authority to display them.

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 01:38 PM   #979
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Plus what does the color of a uniform or car have anything to do with this topic?

Unread 02-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #980
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

You said red was traditionally the color of police and blue was firefighters. I basically said that I've never met a red cop. Not trying to be sarcastic. Really don't know that I've met very many Yankee cops. Kinda touchy up there are we?! Sheesh..... ;-)
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #981
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
You said red was traditionally the color of police and blue was firefighters. I basically said that I've never met a red cop. Not trying to be sarcastic. Really don't know that I've met very many Yankee cops. Kinda touchy up there are we?! Sheesh..... ;-)
I think he was referring to the type of signal lights they use on their cars and trucks. The question I think is that if the Federal government will ever step in and decide to have state department and agencies either use blue or red. What's most important is knowing what the color light means if you should drive through different states in the country.

I think the Feds use red though and secret service uses red lights as well.

I think the Canadian Mountees where red uniforms.
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #982
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

I think he was referring to the type of signal lights they use on their cars and trucks. The question I think is that if the Federal government will ever step in and decide to have state department and agencies either use blue or red. What's most important is knowing what the color light means if you should drive through different states in the country.

I think the Feds use red though and secret service uses red lights as well.

I think the Canadian Mountees where red uniforms.
Feds use red and blue. And Canadians are weird.
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #983
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Feds use red and blue. And Canadians are weird.
Naah Canadians are pretty cool, I have to say all the weirdo drive Subarus lol
Unread 02-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #984
TheFunkra
2011 KK Liberty 

This has been a very fun discussion to watch develop.
TheFunkra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #985
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

New triple gauge pod project started
I think is going to be a killer

carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #986
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

What gauges you gonna put there?
Unread 02-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #987
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Delta, my apologies, read your past after being chewed out by an @sshole supervisor so was not in a good mood when I read your response and I interpreted it wrong.

I was just trying to explain the differences in many law enforcement agencies. (Even though we are the best one up here). Lol, JK! 😜

Unread 02-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #988
HSOUSA
2012 KK Liberty 

Quote:
What he said
HSOUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #989
carlosburitica
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
for now i have a clinometer, going to put a clock. (hate the radios clock) and a compass. i am thinking on adding trans. temp gauge instead the clinometer.

need to do some trimming on the gauge pod and them plastic dip it inblack to match the center console
carlosburitica is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #990
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575
Delta, my apologies, read your past after being chewed out by an @sshole supervisor so was not in a good mood when I read your response and I interpreted it wrong.

I was just trying to explain the differences in many law enforcement agencies. (Even though we are the best one up here). Lol, JK! dde1c

haha! I was wondering,,,. You may be the best! Our lazy paperwork heavy politics driven beuropopos down here don't have a claim on it. Only thing we're good at is giving "warnings" and snatching up people with warrants from other agencies. LoL

Edit: That and breaking up fights. We turn into monsters during crowd control.... Must be stress relief for the patrol guys. :shrug:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.