What did you do to your KK today? - Page 65 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #961
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenseth View Post
I noticed this when i was looking under my hood today, that it still has just a simple tube running to the throttle body. Im wondering if installing just the k&N filter like that on to the existing tube makes a difference.
Suck in hot air is all
Stock box with paper filter does way better than any K&N dirt sucker

Unread 02-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #962
Kenseth
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Suck in hot air is all
Stock box with paper filter does way better than any K&N dirt sucker
This is the first ive heard of K&N Filters being "dirt suckers" as you put it. Wont increasing the surface area for air to travel to the engine increase power and open up the engine as well as altering the sound the engine makes. When i put a k&N filter on a wj it changed dramatically
Kenseth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:14 PM   #963
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Proven fact they let in more dirt
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #964
Kenseth
2009 KK Liberty 

May i ask where the fact was proven? i.e some sort of actual data
Unread 02-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #965
KK4x4
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Proven fact they let in more dirt
What if you took the stock air box and fit a k&n in it?
KK4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #966
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

All you have to do is type in K&N Filter testing and hundreds of reviews come up.
Basically if you are looking at WOT, then yes you get in more air with a K&N. BUT if you are looking at keeping the dust and dirt out K&N is one if not the worst . Thats what you need on a street and trail vehicle , something that keeps the dirt out , not something that lets more in.
here is just one of the many that are online

How well do K&N air filters work?
By Eric BryantRSS feed
Posted Sep 7th 2005 9:00AM

Comments18

The question posed in the title of this post is one that I've seen debated on the 'net since discovering car-related email lists. Fortunately, a Duramax owner tired of the lack of scientific evidence pursued a path of testing that eventually ended with a lab performing the ISO 5011 procedure on a number of replacement air filters. The result was one that many might have concluded on their own - for a given size, a filter's ability to trap dust is inversely proportional to its flow rate. If keeping dust from your engine is the goal, a paper filter such as an AC Delco will provide far superior filtering performance, but you'll pay a price in airflow. If WOT performance is most important, the K&N filter used in this test provided about 50% less restriction to airflow, with the 1.6" of H20 difference in air pressure drop at 350 CFM making for a minimal difference (~0.5%) in power at this flow rate. The K&N and UNI filters were far less efficient at trapping dust, and note that they lose their flow advantage after filtering about 180 grams of dust.
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #967
shawnicles
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post

So I assume you still have stock wheels an tires? Did you take any pics of the lift on the stock set up? Please post if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Ill get some added tomorrow when there is some sunlight outside.
shawnicles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #968
Kenseth
2009 KK Liberty 

Today i ordered some floor mats, blue led strips for where your feet go and two blue led lights for my license plate as well as new headlamps, and a few other misc things
Unread 02-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #969
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Careful with blue lights, especially on the exterior. It's illegal in most states. It'll get you stopped quicker than speeding does down here where I live. Here you can catch charges and jail time for it not just a ticket.
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #970
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85
Careful with blue lights, especially on the exterior. It's illegal in most states. It'll get you stopped quicker than speeding does down here where I live. Here you can catch charges and jail time for it not just a ticket.
That's cause the cops use blue down there right?

Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #971
_benjammin
2012 KK Liberty 

"down there"? I thought cops everywhere (USA) use blue lights. NC has the no exterior blue light law too.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #972
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _benjammin
"down there"? I thought cops everywhere (USA) use blue lights. NC has the no exterior blue light law too.
Most up north use red and white. Many are starting to integrate a blue light into the pattern because studies have shown that it triggers something in drunks brains and helps prevent them from slamming into a police car during traffic stops. However traditionally blue does not represent a police vehicle.

Up here a blue light is signature for a volunteer fireman. Not police vehicle. Like you explained. Several states (mostly down south) have a no exterior blue light law because their police use predominantly blue lights. So volunteer fireman from the north who have fixed blue lenses must cover them if traveling through these states.

Unread 02-20-2013, 02:21 PM   #973
rescue575

2011 KK Liberty 

Most state laws will specify that rear of vehicle should display red/amber lights. Front should have clear/amber lights. Any variation from that will get ya a ticket in most places.

Unread 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #974
27tubguy
2008 KK Liberty 

Me again.

new Slimlites on Bumper, daylighters are going up top on rack 2 forward and 2 looking back.[IMG][/IMG]
Unread 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #975
AtTheHelm

Looks good! You ever gonna paint your bumper?
AtTheHelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.