What did you do to your KK today? - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:19 PM   #766
Bmxer524
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lindenhurst, NY
Posts: 1,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Put on my OME HD/MD and Ironman lift along with a 3 conduit nut clevis lift

Before:


After:


I didn't measure the before and after but it looks like 2-3"
Looks good, and it sits pretty level. That actually just helped me start to decide what I'm going to do for lift along with the OME springs. I think I might actually go for the top plate now.

Bmxer524 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #767
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Moshi Tanzania, Ohio/Tanzania
Posts: 4,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntb View Post
Put on my OME HD/MD and Ironman lift along with a 3 conduit nut clevis lift

Before:


After:


I didn't measure the before and after but it looks like 2-3"
measure from the middle of the wheel to bottom of flare, then measure a stock height one/ difference is amount of lift
__________________
04 Liberty, Kilimanjaro Edition, Rock Lizard RockRails/Roof Rack/Front-Rear bumper,32 inch Goodyear Duratracs,Moabs,4.10s/ 4.25 inch JBA Coilover lift /other goodies
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:08 PM   #768
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201, NJ
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
Yes,sir.
THANKS!!!
welcome of course glad it turned out so well!

And to each there own fellas Cherokee is classic jeep and it is a Cherokee liberty was a new name they started on the KJ stupid in my opinion.
__________________
2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #769
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 665
Uhhh what? The Cherokee is no way shape o form like a liberty.

"Introduced for the 2002 model year as a replacement for the Cherokee (XJ), the Liberty was priced between the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee."
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #770
_benjammin
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremzj View Post
Uhhh what? The Cherokee is no way shape o form like a liberty.

"Introduced for the 2002 model year as a replacement for the Cherokee (XJ), the Liberty was priced between the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee."
You can buy a KK today in Europe or Australia and it's a Cherokee.
_benjammin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #771
backinblack
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 36
I've heard that the redesign for the Liberty might be called a Cherokee again...

But - the point was that yes, the KJ was a major change from the old Cherokee. They each have their own personality, just like the KK.

Here's what I did today - more stickers! One on each side...
img_0952.jpg  
backinblack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 03:19 AM   #772
Drednot
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 1,446
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575 View Post
I may be incorrect in saying this...only being based on post from owners abroad....I do believe that the KK bares the "Cherokee" name in other countries such as Australia.
Thank you for knowing your KK.

I've been a Jeep/car guy since before the CJ7.

I've seen all sorts of vehicles go through evolutionary changes from generation to generation of production changes.

The Cherokee line, as its own separate model, started as a full sized two door SUV in , I believe, 1974. It was body on frame,leaf sprung, live axle,V8, size of a blazer.SJ

Then comes 1984. Compact,unit body, front coils. Still competent off road. Cherokee. Downsized for the times. And... a runaway hit.XJ

Now comes 1993. Time for the ten year freshen up. Time to lose the old fashioned rear leaves the automotive press always complains of. Bold new sheetmetal to go with that whiz-bang quadra coil suspension.ZJ

But hold on a minute... upper management is a little aprehensive about killing off the XJ while sales are still through the roof on this little thing.
Lets release it as the "GRAND" cherokee and try to snag back all that business going to troopers and monteros and explorers.

Smart move. Another hit.

After a twelve year run, the XJ still has a market that wont go ZJ. time to freshen up the XJ with a second generation. Smash hit again. Gone is the AMCish interior. Looks like XJ, just more modern and has lots of desirable factory improvements.

Now its 2001. New century. We survived Y2K. Now the XJ is starting to lose market share as the clinton economy money went to big round jap SUVs.
And...the "soccer mom" phenomenon. Make the new cherokee rounded.

Hey... hold on guys...some guys in marketing are saying this new "KJ" cherokee isn't testing well with our north american male buyers. They think we should hold off on killing the XJ just like that.

OK. You guys were right about that last time. Lets keep making the XJ for N.A. But what are you going to call that new thing? Lets think...

BAM ...9/11...Flags everywhere...nation united...freedom fries....patriot act...
You guys got that name yet? "LIBERTY"? OK, run with it.
BAM ...economy shivers...
OK guys. Where are we? Well lets just forget trying to keep the XJ Cherokee and go ahead with the sale of the tooling to the chinese like we'd planned and just move forward with the KJ as third generation of the Cherokee line.

Hold up guys...Management told us to run with this liberty thing and now we have all this Liberty stuff.

Ok.Ok. we'll just call it liberty and foist that upon the world market.Besides. the lawyers all give a thumbs up for un-trampleing native american sensitivities.

Damn...now what?

Marketing says this "LIBERTY" name is not testing well outside the N.A. market. Can we go back to calling it the Cherokee there? OK? Thanks boss.

So, everywhere else in the world, It still is and always was the CHEROKEE.

But here in the land of liberty, It sells like hotcakes. To soccer moms. Guys give it the cold shoulder even though it wheels on par with the XJ. No guys...no aftermarket.

So when the KK comes along as the fourth generation CHEROKEE, marketing says square it off to get the guys back. Add some generational improvements.
But we gotta keep the LIBERTY name in N.A. because that will lure our soccer mom base to buy another one. Still a cherokee to the rest of the "W" hating world? CHECK!

I bought myself one of the last of the fourth generation Cherokees.

I was a little nervous about what the fifth generation was about to become with FIAT and the "CROSSOVER" phenomenon. What the auto press have dubbed the "Liber-kee"
__________________
91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 06:53 AM   #773
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot

Thank you for knowing your KK.

I've been a Jeep/car guy since before the CJ7.

I've seen all sorts of vehicles go through evolutionary changes from generation to generation of production changes.

The Cherokee line, as its own separate model, started as a full sized two door SUV in , I believe, 1974. It was body on frame,leaf sprung, live axle,V8, size of a blazer.SJ

Then comes 1984. Compact,unit body, front coils. Still competent off road. Cherokee. Downsized for the times. And... a runaway hit.XJ

Now comes 1993. Time for the ten year freshen up. Time to lose the old fashioned rear leaves the automotive press always complains of. Bold new sheetmetal to go with that whiz-bang quadra coil suspension.ZJ

But hold on a minute... upper management is a little aprehensive about killing off the XJ while sales are still through the roof on this little thing.
Lets release it as the "GRAND" cherokee and try to snag back all that business going to troopers and monteros and explorers.

Smart move. Another hit.

After a twelve year run, the XJ still has a market that wont go ZJ. time to freshen up the XJ with a second generation. Smash hit again. Gone is the AMCish interior. Looks like XJ, just more modern and has lots of desirable factory improvements.

Now its 2001. New century. We survived Y2K. Now the XJ is starting to lose market share as the clinton economy money went to big round jap SUVs.
And...the "soccer mom" phenomenon. Make the new cherokee rounded.

Hey... hold on guys...some guys in marketing are saying this new "KJ" cherokee isn't testing well with our north american male buyers. They think we should hold off on killing the XJ just like that.

OK. You guys were right about that last time. Lets keep making the XJ for N.A. But what are you going to call that new thing? Lets think...

BAM ...9/11...Flags everywhere...nation united...freedom fries....patriot act...
You guys got that name yet? "LIBERTY"? OK, run with it.
BAM ...economy shivers...
OK guys. Where are we? Well lets just forget trying to keep the XJ Cherokee and go ahead with the sale of the tooling to the chinese like we'd planned and just move forward with the KJ as third generation of the Cherokee line.

Hold up guys...Management told us to run with this liberty thing and now we have all this Liberty stuff.

Ok.Ok. we'll just call it liberty and foist that upon the world market.Besides. the lawyers all give a thumbs up for un-trampleing native american sensitivities.

Damn...now what?

Marketing says this "LIBERTY" name is not testing well outside the N.A. market. Can we go back to calling it the Cherokee there? OK? Thanks boss.

So, everywhere else in the world, It still is and always was the CHEROKEE.

But here in the land of liberty, It sells like hotcakes. To soccer moms. Guys give it the cold shoulder even though it wheels on par with the XJ. No guys...no aftermarket.

So when the KK comes along as the fourth generation CHEROKEE, marketing says square it off to get the guys back. Add some generational improvements.
But we gotta keep the LIBERTY name in N.A. because that will lure our soccer mom base to buy another one. Still a cherokee to the rest of the "W" hating world? CHECK!

I bought myself one of the last of the fourth generation Cherokees.

I was a little nervous about what the fifth generation was about to become with FIAT and the "CROSSOVER" phenomenon. What the auto press have dubbed the "Liber-kee"
Sums it up in a nutshell! Ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #774
Wearyman
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 141
If the new Liberty looks anything like the "mule" shots I've seen, the Liberty has been utterly ruined. That "crossover" won't sell for crap in the US, and I have no doubt that it's off-road capability will be awful.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #775
rescue575
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 931
I agree...reminds me of a crappier Nissan Murano. Certainly NOT A JEEP!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #776
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Moshi Tanzania, Ohio/Tanzania
Posts: 4,480
You all are so danged funny , before something even comes out slamming and you have no idea what its going to look like or anything else
If Jeep wants to stay viable in the market place it has to produce different models
And someone mentions the KJ didn't sell well
Not that there is funny crap
It sold better than they even thought it would !!!
look at the sales

Calendar Year Sales
2001 88,485
2002 171,212
2003 162,987
2004 167,376
2005 166,883
2006 133,557
2007 92,105
2008 66,911
2009 43,503
2010 49,564
2011 66,684
__________________
04 Liberty, Kilimanjaro Edition, Rock Lizard RockRails/Roof Rack/Front-Rear bumper,32 inch Goodyear Duratracs,Moabs,4.10s/ 4.25 inch JBA Coilover lift /other goodies
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 10:52 AM   #777
Wearyman
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 141
Well can you blame us?

Based on what little we DO know, the new Liberty is set to be more like the Compass or the Patriot than the Cherokee! And we all know how well those models have sold (so badly they are getting dumped entirely after this year!

ALSO: Hey Backinblack, can you please reduce the size of that monster image? it's stretching the page size ridiculously!
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #778
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Moshi Tanzania, Ohio/Tanzania
Posts: 4,480
New model will have a low range so not the same
__________________
04 Liberty, Kilimanjaro Edition, Rock Lizard RockRails/Roof Rack/Front-Rear bumper,32 inch Goodyear Duratracs,Moabs,4.10s/ 4.25 inch JBA Coilover lift /other goodies
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:20 AM   #779
Wearyman
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 141
It's not just about having low range. Unless I miss my guess, either the Compass or the Patriot (not both though) have an option for low range. Yet they still both suck. It's about ride height, suspension system, overall "ruggedness", and frankly, how the dang thing looks. Jeeps that look like chubby sedans with a 7 stave grille don't (won't) sell well.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #780
tommudd
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Central OH/ Moshi Tanzania, Ohio/Tanzania
Posts: 4,480
So you've said
__________________
04 Liberty, Kilimanjaro Edition, Rock Lizard RockRails/Roof Rack/Front-Rear bumper,32 inch Goodyear Duratracs,Moabs,4.10s/ 4.25 inch JBA Coilover lift /other goodies
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.