What did you do to your KK today? - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

Poison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Reply
Unread 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #751
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 661
Programmed and installed a remote start. But did see this...

Off road capabilities? Nope lol. Silly liberty, stay on the street!


__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM   #752
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 361
LOL. Is this a screenshot at the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #753
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 661
Yes I work at a dealer, it's witech on my computer
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2012, 09:12 PM   #754
badJETbrit
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: omaha, NEBRASKA
Posts: 16
Awesome! Thanks!
badJETbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 01:45 PM   #755
Drednot
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 909
The transformation is now complete...

__________________
91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 05:51 PM   #756
eoerikson3
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
The transformation is now complete...
Looks sharp. I am second guessing my decision to not take advantage of that group buy.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
-Oscar
Chrome may not get you home, but sometimes it looks nice.
2011 Liberty Sport
Added tow hitch, tow hooks, skid plates, foglight kit and headlight masks, remote start, chrome steps, and Cooper Discoverer A/T3 235/75R16.
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f128/2008-2012-liberty-kk-electrical-parts-1517747/"]Stuff for sale[/URL]
eoerikson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #757
musclezmarinara
Registered User
2012 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: 201, NJ
Posts: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drednot
The transformation is now complete...
These the ones from my group buy?
__________________
2012 KK Cherokee * Arctic * Mineral Gray
- Mods - See Build Thread..
musclezmarinara is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #758
Drednot
Registered User
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: phoenix, az
Posts: 909
Yes,sir.
THANKS!!!
__________________
91 YJ Sahara, 4.0L, AX-15/NP231, D30/D35
12 Cherokee 4x4,3.7L,
"Non Vi Sed, Arte"
Drednot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 06:18 AM   #759
Wearyman
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 141
I don't really get the point of changing the side runner plate. I like the name "Liberty" it's unique and more interesting than the old "Cherokee" name.

Also, let's be honest; the (KK) Liberty is NOT a Cherokee. There is nothing from the Cherokee family in it. It's built on a modified Dodge Dakota pickup frame, same as the Nitro, with a different skin than the Nitro and different options. For all intents and purposes the (KK) Liberty is a short wheelbase fully enclosed pickup truck.

Not that I think that's a bad thing. Indeed, I think it gives the Liberty some tremendous offroad, towing and hauling capabilities far in excess of it's competition. Because of that I think it deserves it's own name, and it's own place in the minds of Jeepers. Classing it as "just another Cherokee" is, in my mind, a step down from where it stands as the Liberty. (I'm probably the minority in that opinion though)

That said, the badge looks good and you did a great job mounting it. Very nice!
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #760
AtTheHelm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: South Lake Tahoe, CA
Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman
It's built on a modified Dodge Dakota pickup frame, same as the Nitro, with a different skin than the Nitro and different options. For all intents and purposes the (KK) Liberty is a short wheelbase fully enclosed pickup truck.
Not sure who gave you that information...
Take a look under your Jeep.
The kj/kk/ka is a unibody.
The Dakota has a separate frame, leafed rear, older models torsion bar front suspension.
The KJ replaced the XJ back in 01/02.

I do agree with you about putting Cherokee badges on though. Be prepared to be heckled from the XJ guys and gals.
AtTheHelm is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #761
Wearyman
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Buffalo, New York
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtTheHelm View Post
Not sure who gave you that information...
Take a look under your Jeep.
The kj/kk/ka is a unibody.
The Dakota has a separate frame, leafed rear, older models torsion bar front suspension.
The KJ replaced the XJ back in 01/02.

I do agree with you about putting Cherokee badges on though. Be prepared to be heckled from the XJ guys and gals.
I knew that the suspension was different, but from what I read back in 07 when the KK was first debuted as the new model Liberty, it was noted a couple places that the designers modified the Nitro design, and that was based off of the Dakota Pickup design (at least in part). I suppose the article writer could have been wrong. It's been a long time since I read that, although the way the Liberty rides, tows and hauls, it certainly SEEMS like a pickup truck based vehicle.

Regardless, I still say the Liberty name is better.
Wearyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #762
xtremzj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: milford, nh
Posts: 661
The liberty is THE most opposite thing from a pickup truck, or a Cherokee for that matter.


Why anyone would put a Cherokee emblem on a Liberty is beyond me.
__________________
98 ZJ 5.5in hybrid long arm/35"TSLs/4.7 Golen Stroker/Kevin's front bumper/TrailReady rear/hp30/d44/4.56/oba/dual battery/rocklights/milemarker9k.Way to much to list.
QuirkWorks Sponsored #44 subaru rally car
CHRYSLER CERTIFIED MASTER TECH. PM IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
xtremzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #763
huntb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 559
Put on my OME HD/MD and Ironman lift along with a 3 conduit nut clevis lift

Before:


After:


I didn't measure the before and after but it looks like 2-3"
huntb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:55 AM   #764
rescue575
Senior Member
 
rescue575's Avatar
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearyman
I don't really get the point of changing the side runner plate. I like the name "Liberty" it's unique and more interesting than the old "Cherokee" name.

Also, let's be honest; the (KK) Liberty is NOT a Cherokee. There is nothing from the Cherokee family in it. It's built on a modified Dodge Dakota pickup frame, same as the Nitro, with a different skin than the Nitro and different options. For all intents and purposes the (KK) Liberty is a short wheelbase fully enclosed pickup truck.

Not that I think that's a bad thing. Indeed, I think it gives the Liberty some tremendous offroad, towing and hauling capabilities far in excess of it's competition. Because of that I think it deserves it's own name, and it's own place in the minds of Jeepers. Classing it as "just another Cherokee" is, in my mind, a step down from where it stands as the Liberty. (I'm probably the minority in that opinion though)

That said, the badge looks good and you did a great job mounting it. Very nice!
I may be incorrect in saying this...only being based on post from owners abroad....I do believe that the KK bares the "Cherokee" name in other countries such as Australia.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2012, 11:57 AM   #765
rescue575
Senior Member
 
rescue575's Avatar
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Franklin Square, NY
Posts: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue575

I may be incorrect in saying this...only being based on post from owners abroad....I do believe that the KK bares the "Cherokee" name in other countries such as Australia.

And simply put....it makes it unique from other Liberty's on the road......that being said, I do agree with you and like the Liberty name and wouldn't change that on mine!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
__________________
2011 Liberty Sport
2 KC Slimlite[RIGHT] 130 Watt Long Range on JK Bar
TMS Aluminum Roof Rack Cross Bars
Cobra 75, Firestik Door Jam Mount, HD Spring, 2Ft Firestik
Dunlop Fierce Attitude M/T
rescue575 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.