What did you do to your KK today? - Page 48 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KK Liberty Forum > What did you do to your KK today?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #706
LII3ERTYSP0RT
2011 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Thanks for the kind words. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll answer them as best I can.

Darin.
Very welcome. Thanks for the tips.

2011 Liberty KK Sport

Unread 10-17-2012, 11:01 PM   #707
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LII3ERTYSP0RT View Post
That looks amazing. Mind if I ask you how to clay polish and what products you used?

2011 Liberty KK Sport
I had used Mothers clay - it worked pretty well, but started using 3M and it works great
Unread 10-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #708
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Noticed some sputtering and lack of power, plus unusually bad gas mileage.

Changed air filter, ran half a can of sea foam through vacuum line for brake booster.

Argued with morons at autozone about spark plugs, o2 sensors, and cleaner for the mass air flow sensor.

Don't know why I even bothered..... If you don't know your own inventory, why do you even bother showing up for work?

Left autozone and walked next door. Bought spark plugs and cleaner with no issues whatsoever.

Tomorrow: Change spark plugs, clean mass air flow sensor, possibly drop way too much money on O2 sensors, hopefully solve problems.

(The sea foam actually already fixed the sputtering and lack of pep. Not sure why I'm bothering with the rest other than it was great advice from a jeep mechanic and I'm hoping to get a few more MPG from it.)
Unread 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM   #709
Masaga91
2009 KK Liberty 

Yo? I'm in the process of blacking out the emblems hahah still trying to figure out how I'm gonna do it, but pics are coming when a finish
Masaga91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #710
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Continued the futile hunt for a local parts store that keeps the original champion spark plug for jeep in stock. Utter fail. Everyone must order. So I say screw it and get NGK copper instead.

Pulled E3s out of it, pretty dirty. I wonder why the original owner used E3s.... It's not like the Chrysler 3.7 is a performance engine.

Cleaned master air flow sensor. It was black around the edges. Maybe that has something to do with my low MPG. LoL!

Pulled air filter and inspected it. It looks fairly clean. Put it back in, brought the new one I bought back and texted the original owner to find out when the last time he changed it was.

Now contemplating pouring the last half of sea foam can into my 1/4 empty tank and letting it do its thang, as I have a cold one out by the grill, cookin chicken and posting on Jeep Forum

Edit: Nixed changing the O2 sensors. Gonna see how much the engine clean out, new spark plugs and mass air flow sensor cleaning boosts my MPG.

Edit: Attached a pic of the E3s. Weird looking to me. And kinda cruddy.

image-593321795.jpg
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM   #711
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
Noticed some sputtering and lack of power, plus unusually bad gas mileage.

Changed air filter, ran half a can of sea foam through vacuum line for brake booster.

Argued with morons at autozone about spark plugs, o2 sensors, and cleaner for the mass air flow sensor.

Don't know why I even bothered..... If you don't know your own inventory, why do you even bother showing up for work?

Left autozone and walked next door. Bought spark plugs and cleaner with no issues whatsoever.

Tomorrow: Change spark plugs, clean mass air flow sensor, possibly drop way too much money on O2 sensors, hopefully solve problems.

(The sea foam actually already fixed the sputtering and lack of pep. Not sure why I'm bothering with the rest other than it was great advice from a jeep mechanic and I'm hoping to get a few more MPG from it.)

I just had my plugs changed at 29.4K using the stock plugs from the dealership, rotated the tires and used Penzoil Platnum 5w20 and Purlator Pure 1 filter. Runs great, mechanic said the plugs had penty of life on the stock plugs still.

Today and I broke a mileage record using a 1/4 tank of gas I drove a hair over 100 miles.
Unread 10-24-2012, 02:35 AM   #712
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

I just had my plugs changed at 29.4K using the stock plugs from the dealership, rotated the tires and used Penzoil Platnum 5w20 and Purlator Pure 1 filter. Runs great, mechanic said the plugs had penty of life on the stock plugs still.

Today and I broke a mileage record using a 1/4 tank of gas I drove a hair over 100 miles.
That's great! Better mileage is exactly what im trying to accomplish. I wish I had a jeep dealership nearby. I really don't get what's up with these local parts stores not carrying champion spark plugs.

Did the dealership clean your mass air flow sensor when they changed your air filter? That's supposed to have an impact on gas mileage too. Not sure how dirty it could be after 29,400 miles though.
Unread 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #713
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85

That's great! Better mileage is exactly what im trying to accomplish. I wish I had a jeep dealership nearby. I really don't get what's up with these local parts stores not carrying champion spark plugs.

Did the dealership clean your mass air flow sensor when they changed your air filter? That's supposed to have an impact on gas mileage too. Not sure how dirty it could be after 29,400 miles though.
No, I took it over to a family friend who owns his own shop. I changed the stock air filter at like 21k and it really didn't need it. The filter you want to change at 20k is your in cabin air filter, mine was completely black. When I been driving I just set the cruise control @ 65 and let the Jeep do the driving lol
Unread 10-25-2012, 04:23 AM   #714
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Huh? Jeep has an in cabin air filter? How hard was it to change?
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #715
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85
Huh? Jeep has an in cabin air filter? How hard was it to change?
It's easy it's behind the glove compartment there are 2 square filters you may need a pencil or screwdriver to get the second one out.
Unread 10-26-2012, 08:34 PM   #716
Millitcb
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:

It's easy it's behind the glove compartment there are 2 square filters you may need a pencil or screwdriver to get the second one out.
not all libertys have cabin air filters i already tried looking in my 08
Millitcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM   #717
Poncherello
2010 KK Liberty 

Your right it was option in '08 my '10 sport came with it.
Unread 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #718
DeltaForceB85
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Your right it was option in '08 my '10 sport came with it.
I'm not even bothering then, I got the sport and the only options it has are upgrades for the 4wd and future lifts.
Unread 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM   #719
Masaga91
2009 KK Liberty 

did this a few days ago, but put on the new emblems

hahahaha i also tinted my windows like 6 months ago but never uploaded the pic
col_23-27-21_570.jpg  
Masaga91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM   #720
tionestajeeper
2010 KK Liberty 

FedEx delivery today time to get ready for some pa snow
image-280793688.jpg  
tionestajeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.