post #706 of Old 10-17-2012, 09:25 AM
LII3ERTYSP0RT
Registered User
2011 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bethpage
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairmont1998
Thanks for the kind words. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll answer them as best I can.

Darin.
Very welcome. Thanks for the tips.

2011 Liberty KK Sport


Dave
LII3ERTYSP0RT is offline  
post #707 of Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by LII3ERTYSP0RT View Post
That looks amazing. Mind if I ask you how to clay polish and what products you used?

2011 Liberty KK Sport
I had used Mothers clay - it worked pretty well, but started using 3M and it works great

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #708 of Old 10-22-2012, 09:38 PM
DeltaForceB85
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 367
Noticed some sputtering and lack of power, plus unusually bad gas mileage.

Changed air filter, ran half a can of sea foam through vacuum line for brake booster.

Argued with morons at autozone about spark plugs, o2 sensors, and cleaner for the mass air flow sensor.

Don't know why I even bothered..... If you don't know your own inventory, why do you even bother showing up for work?

Left autozone and walked next door. Bought spark plugs and cleaner with no issues whatsoever.

Tomorrow: Change spark plugs, clean mass air flow sensor, possibly drop way too much money on O2 sensors, hopefully solve problems.

(The sea foam actually already fixed the sputtering and lack of pep. Not sure why I'm bothering with the rest other than it was great advice from a jeep mechanic and I'm hoping to get a few more MPG from it.)

-Josh
2008 Jeep Liberty KK W/Selec Trac II, ADL Skid Plate Group, 245/70/16 All Terrain Destinations, VisionX LED Floodlights. It's a real jeep. Don't like it? Wait let me check. Yep, still a real jeep.
DeltaForceB85 is offline  
post #709 of Old 10-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Masaga91
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: santa ana
Posts: 118
Yo? I'm in the process of blacking out the emblems hahah still trying to figure out how I'm gonna do it, but pics are coming when a finish
Masaga91 is offline  
post #710 of Old 10-23-2012, 05:46 PM
DeltaForceB85
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 367
Continued the futile hunt for a local parts store that keeps the original champion spark plug for jeep in stock. Utter fail. Everyone must order. So I say screw it and get NGK copper instead.

Pulled E3s out of it, pretty dirty. I wonder why the original owner used E3s.... It's not like the Chrysler 3.7 is a performance engine.

Cleaned master air flow sensor. It was black around the edges. Maybe that has something to do with my low MPG. LoL!

Pulled air filter and inspected it. It looks fairly clean. Put it back in, brought the new one I bought back and texted the original owner to find out when the last time he changed it was.

Now contemplating pouring the last half of sea foam can into my 1/4 empty tank and letting it do its thang, as I have a cold one out by the grill, cookin chicken and posting on Jeep Forum

Edit: Nixed changing the O2 sensors. Gonna see how much the engine clean out, new spark plugs and mass air flow sensor cleaning boosts my MPG.

Edit: Attached a pic of the E3s. Weird looking to me. And kinda cruddy.

image-593321795.jpg

-Josh
2008 Jeep Liberty KK W/Selec Trac II, ADL Skid Plate Group, 245/70/16 All Terrain Destinations, VisionX LED Floodlights. It's a real jeep. Don't like it? Wait let me check. Yep, still a real jeep.
DeltaForceB85 is offline  
post #711 of Old 10-23-2012, 08:35 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85 View Post
Noticed some sputtering and lack of power, plus unusually bad gas mileage.

Changed air filter, ran half a can of sea foam through vacuum line for brake booster.

Argued with morons at autozone about spark plugs, o2 sensors, and cleaner for the mass air flow sensor.

Don't know why I even bothered..... If you don't know your own inventory, why do you even bother showing up for work?

Left autozone and walked next door. Bought spark plugs and cleaner with no issues whatsoever.

Tomorrow: Change spark plugs, clean mass air flow sensor, possibly drop way too much money on O2 sensors, hopefully solve problems.

(The sea foam actually already fixed the sputtering and lack of pep. Not sure why I'm bothering with the rest other than it was great advice from a jeep mechanic and I'm hoping to get a few more MPG from it.)


I just had my plugs changed at 29.4K using the stock plugs from the dealership, rotated the tires and used Penzoil Platnum 5w20 and Purlator Pure 1 filter. Runs great, mechanic said the plugs had penty of life on the stock plugs still.

Today and I broke a mileage record using a 1/4 tank of gas I drove a hair over 100 miles.

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #712 of Old 10-24-2012, 02:35 AM
DeltaForceB85
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

I just had my plugs changed at 29.4K using the stock plugs from the dealership, rotated the tires and used Penzoil Platnum 5w20 and Purlator Pure 1 filter. Runs great, mechanic said the plugs had penty of life on the stock plugs still.

Today and I broke a mileage record using a 1/4 tank of gas I drove a hair over 100 miles.
That's great! Better mileage is exactly what im trying to accomplish. I wish I had a jeep dealership nearby. I really don't get what's up with these local parts stores not carrying champion spark plugs.

Did the dealership clean your mass air flow sensor when they changed your air filter? That's supposed to have an impact on gas mileage too. Not sure how dirty it could be after 29,400 miles though.

-Josh
2008 Jeep Liberty KK W/Selec Trac II, ADL Skid Plate Group, 245/70/16 All Terrain Destinations, VisionX LED Floodlights. It's a real jeep. Don't like it? Wait let me check. Yep, still a real jeep.
DeltaForceB85 is offline  
post #713 of Old 10-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85

That's great! Better mileage is exactly what im trying to accomplish. I wish I had a jeep dealership nearby. I really don't get what's up with these local parts stores not carrying champion spark plugs.

Did the dealership clean your mass air flow sensor when they changed your air filter? That's supposed to have an impact on gas mileage too. Not sure how dirty it could be after 29,400 miles though.
No, I took it over to a family friend who owns his own shop. I changed the stock air filter at like 21k and it really didn't need it. The filter you want to change at 20k is your in cabin air filter, mine was completely black. When I been driving I just set the cruise control @ 65 and let the Jeep do the driving lol

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #714 of Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 AM
DeltaForceB85
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 367
Huh? Jeep has an in cabin air filter? How hard was it to change?

-Josh
2008 Jeep Liberty KK W/Selec Trac II, ADL Skid Plate Group, 245/70/16 All Terrain Destinations, VisionX LED Floodlights. It's a real jeep. Don't like it? Wait let me check. Yep, still a real jeep.
DeltaForceB85 is offline  
post #715 of Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaForceB85
Huh? Jeep has an in cabin air filter? How hard was it to change?
It's easy it's behind the glove compartment there are 2 square filters you may need a pencil or screwdriver to get the second one out.

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #716 of Old 10-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Millitcb
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: houston
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello

It's easy it's behind the glove compartment there are 2 square filters you may need a pencil or screwdriver to get the second one out.
not all libertys have cabin air filters i already tried looking in my 08
Millitcb is offline  
post #717 of Old 10-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Poncherello
Moderator
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Paterson
Posts: 1,125
Your right it was option in '08 my '10 sport came with it.

When you get knee-deep in a situation, floor it.
Poncherello is offline  
post #718 of Old 10-27-2012, 05:19 PM
DeltaForceB85
Registered User
2008 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Denham Springs
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncherello
Your right it was option in '08 my '10 sport came with it.
I'm not even bothering then, I got the sport and the only options it has are upgrades for the 4wd and future lifts.

-Josh
2008 Jeep Liberty KK W/Selec Trac II, ADL Skid Plate Group, 245/70/16 All Terrain Destinations, VisionX LED Floodlights. It's a real jeep. Don't like it? Wait let me check. Yep, still a real jeep.
DeltaForceB85 is offline  
post #719 of Old 11-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Masaga91
Registered User
2009 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: santa ana
Posts: 118
did this a few days ago, but put on the new emblems

hahahaha i also tinted my windows like 6 months ago but never uploaded the pic
Attached Thumbnails
COL_23 27 21_570.jpg  
Masaga91 is offline  
post #720 of Old 11-06-2012, 06:51 AM
tionestajeeper
Registered User
2010 KK Liberty 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 11
FedEx delivery today time to get ready for some pa snow
Attached Thumbnails
image-280793688.jpg  
tionestajeeper is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Received my Rusty's 2.5" lift today but??? help onegoodpunk KK Liberty Forum 4 09-29-2014 02:49 PM
Lifetime Membership and Gift Certificate Contest Ends Today - Get Involved! Keith KK Liberty Forum 0 04-05-2010 11:18 AM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome